Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

J.T. Miller just took a much needed flame thrower to the NHL’s plan to conclude the #Canucks season in full.

Incredibly frank and thoughtful. Well done.

https://twitter.com/ThomasDrance/status ... 51648?s=20
“I hope people don’t take this the wrong way, I’m a super competitive guy... but this isn’t about hockey for our team. This is about the health and safety of our players, their family and their children. This isn’t about making the playoffs.” - J.T. Miller

“This is hard for me and those of us (that didn’t get COVID)” says Miller.

He’s thinking about how much worse it would be for his teammates that test positive and “those that are struggling to breathe going up and down steps.”

I’m just worried about our teams safety.”

"This is nothing to do with hockey. To be brutally honest, we're going to need more time than this to come back and play hockey. Even the guys that didn't get it aren't ready." - J.T. Miller

J.T. Miller is asked bluntly: "should you be playing?"

"I don't want to be caught agreeing with you," J.T. Miller says. "There's a lot of moving parts, but I don't know. It's unfortunate that we're even in a scenario like this." #Canucks

"What we're being asked to do is not going to be too safe, if you're asking me" - J.T. Miller

"It's frustrating, we try to talk about our number one priority is our players health and their families safety and it's impossible to achieve that with what we're being asked to do." - J.T. Miller
el rey del mambo
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Glad The TRUTH - JT Miller spoke up, he's remarkably been one of top leaders on the team, grabbing the bulls by the horn type guys since he arrived.

I agree the team shouldn't be playing until we get a good 90% of the team healthy.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

SKYO wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:23 pm Glad The TRUTH - JT Miller spoke up, he's remarkably been one of top leaders on the team, grabbing the bulls by the horn type guys since he arrived.

I agree the team shouldn't be playing until we get a good 90% of the team healthy.
It is not just that, they need the time to practice and get back up to speed and game shape too.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:59 pm
J.T. Miller just took a much needed flame thrower to the NHL’s plan to conclude the #Canucks season in full.

Incredibly frank and thoughtful. Well done.

https://twitter.com/ThomasDrance/status ... 51648?s=20
“I hope people don’t take this the wrong way, I’m a super competitive guy... but this isn’t about hockey for our team. This is about the health and safety of our players, their family and their children. This isn’t about making the playoffs.” - J.T. Miller

“This is hard for me and those of us (that didn’t get COVID)” says Miller.

He’s thinking about how much worse it would be for his teammates that test positive and “those that are struggling to breathe going up and down steps.”

I’m just worried about our teams safety.”

"This is nothing to do with hockey. To be brutally honest, we're going to need more time than this to come back and play hockey. Even the guys that didn't get it aren't ready." - J.T. Miller

J.T. Miller is asked bluntly: "should you be playing?"

"I don't want to be caught agreeing with you," J.T. Miller says. "There's a lot of moving parts, but I don't know. It's unfortunate that we're even in a scenario like this." #Canucks

"What we're being asked to do is not going to be too safe, if you're asking me" - J.T. Miller

"It's frustrating, we try to talk about our number one priority is our players health and their families safety and it's impossible to achieve that with what we're being asked to do." - J.T. Miller
Thanks for posting this Meg, hard to believe the league is fucking our Canucks over for a change.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I don't think Friday has been set in stone, so I'm not too concerned. Isn't the suspension of play linked to # of player still in COVID protocol?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Miller just said this so nobody has any expectations, now the media can back off when they go 0-13.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:01 pm Miller just said this so nobody has any expectations, now the media can back off when they go 0-13.
And win the lottery

This is our year
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Every Canuck player should tell the team on game day they are not good to go. What can the league do? Canucks default and so be it. If they won't give us Cap relief to call up players then fuck them. The risk of getting injured is so high.

Watch, players will not play. Games will be defaulted. NHL will punish us by taking away our first.
The only HW the Canucks need
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Hopefully the non sports media can shine a spotlight on this situation; it should be a national story.

Let's see a media shitstorm, create more bad publicity than Gary and the league can handle.
el rey del mambo
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Right now, I wouldn't mind if we just forfeit the season. Nothing has gone our way all year anyways. If we really need to play the games for whatever reason (TV contract, avoid draft pick penalties, etc), just play whoever is willing: taxi squad, farm hands, junior/college guys under contract, any joe blow off the streets, whatevs. If some of our regular NHLers don't feel safe to play, that's fine, they can sit out. I'm sure some guys would still play, the rest of the roster can filled with whatever and whoever.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

We have to continue to play ball, er puck, with the NHL. Can't throw your toys out of the pram.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

There are six still on the covid list, that doesn't include taxi squad or coaches.

Drop the fucking puck.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:03 pm Every Canuck player should tell the team on game day they are not good to go. What can the league do? Canucks default and so be it. If they won't give us Cap relief to call up players then fuck them. The risk of getting injured is so high.

Watch, players will not play. Games will be defaulted. NHL will punish us by taking away our first.
Gang opt out. Seems like the responsible approach.

Seriously though, The Player's Association would no doubt back Canuck players that don't feel comfortable with a potentially dangerous schedule.

[Can also see the Habs being choked.]
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
NHL, NHLPA and Canucks medical will be involved in determining whether the Canucks are healthy enough to play on Friday. A decision will be based on the doctors evaluations of the players tomorrow.

Quote TweetThomas Drance @ThomasDrance
Canucks players and the NHLPA held a Zoom teleconference on Wednesday evening, I'm told.
At this point the NHL, the Canucks and the Oilers expect Friday's game to be played, but I get the sense that tomorrow could be interesting.
8:19 PM · Apr 14, 2021· ,,LINK
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Topper wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:37 pm There are six still on the covid list, that doesn't include taxi squad or coaches.

Drop the fucking puck.
I’m with you Tops. Everyone who got it came off with no long term effects, and now have the antibodies. They are no longer in game shape, but if we can just slip up and give it to Calgary and Montreal, we can make the playoffs for sure, because if we have to ply out the season, so do they.
:D

Jimbro should have traded someone to each of those teams!

Heck, we could make the playoffs AND be in the lottery!! WINNING!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.