Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Meds »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:46 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:13 pm
Farhan Lalji@FarhanLaljiTSN
So it all adds up to 20 members of Canucks now impacted:
14 players
I wonder if J.Benn and JT Miller were immune cuz they got it earlier in the season.
Hawrlyuk has it and he also apparently had it before. Seems like it must be the variant strain.
Reinfection doesn't necessarily require it to be a variant, just enough time passed since the first infection that your system has stopped circulating active anti-bodies and any response will require your memory-B cells to produce new ones (which will happen pretty damned fast). I've had the damned thing twice. Second time was a little over 10 months after the first go. The symptoms lasted about 48 hours and never got to be more than a dry/cracked feeling at the top of my throat, a mild headache and some sinus congestion. Only the dry/cracked feeling lasted the entire 48 hours. The rest was there and gone in 24.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Mëds wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:56 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:46 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:13 pm
Farhan Lalji@FarhanLaljiTSN
So it all adds up to 20 members of Canucks now impacted:
14 players
I wonder if J.Benn and JT Miller were immune cuz they got it earlier in the season.
Hawrlyuk has it and he also apparently had it before. Seems like it must be the variant strain.
Reinfection doesn't necessarily require it to be a variant, just enough time passed since the first infection that your system has stopped circulating active anti-bodies and any response will require your memory-B cells to produce new ones (which will happen pretty damned fast). I've had the damned thing twice. Second time was a little over 10 months after the first go. The symptoms lasted about 48 hours and never got to be more than a dry/cracked feeling at the top of my throat, a mild headache and some sinus congestion. Only the dry/cracked feeling lasted the entire 48 hours. The rest was there and gone in 24.
Ah, okay then.

Nothing like learning through personal experience eh Mëds :)
el rey del mambo
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:27 pm Ah, okay then.

Nothing like learning through personal experience eh Mëds :)
Yeah. Definitely reinforces things a little. Lol.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Mëds, did you test positive the second time? I imagine they're not doing the "presumptive" where they send you home without a test anymore?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

ESQ wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:39 pm
Mëds, did you test positive the second time? I imagine they're not doing the "presumptive" where they send you home without a test anymore?
A friend called a week ago, reported his symptoms, no test, no contact tracing, told to self isolate for 10 days, report back of symptoms worsen.

Similar as six months ago when he was doing his 14 days after returning to Canada and reported symptoms. At that time he was first told to see a doctor, he asked how he is supposed to get there since he's quarentinted. They said take a taxi and he laughed at them, then they said to remain isolated and report if symptoms get worse.

The only reliable numbers to follow are hospitalizations.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:45 pm Damien Cox was embarrassing himself again on twitter last night, getting shot down by the likes of Eddie Lack and local Province columnist Patrick Johnston but doubling, tripling, quadrupling down anyway and crashing and burning in spectacular fashion. Cox opined that the Canucks would be 'well rested' with their covid-induced break and a shit storm ensued. I just got my account reinstated on twitter after a short time out but missed out on the festivities and sadly, but predictably, Cox has deleted much of the carnage though some sweet screen shots of the exchanges live on. :D
Not surprised to hear that, Cox has alway been a tool. I remember catching a bit of "The Reporters" on TSN a number of years ago and they had both Cox and Steve Simmons on there. What a shitshow.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

http://www.uticacomets.com/news/detail/ ... kb7so5T4-w

Man, talk about bad timing with our Covid situation, there's talk that the Nucks might forfeit the season, while the Utica Comets are already welcoming fans back into the stands. Nothing seems to be going our way this season. :(
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Irfaan Gaffar @irfgaffar
Sounds like Canucks players and staff have been told to stay isolated until Sunday.
Wednesday/Thursday were initial target dates, but that’s obviously not going to happen.
2:00 PM · Apr 5, 2021
Add Hoglander now. Supposed to be an official NHL statement late this afternoon. Who knows..
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:21 am
ESQ wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:39 pm
A friend called a week ago, reported his symptoms, no test, no contact tracing, told to self isolate for 10 days, report back of symptoms worsen.

Similar as six months ago when he was doing his 14 days after returning to Canada and reported symptoms. At that time he was first told to see a doctor, he asked how he is supposed to get there since he's quarentinted. They said take a taxi and he laughed at them, then they said to remain isolated and report if symptoms get worse.

The only reliable numbers to follow are hospitalizations.
Yep. I only got the test because of where I work.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Brent Sutter on the Canucks likelihood of returning to play:

As a hockey man, Sutter said it’s anyone’s guess on when, or whether, the Canucks might be able to return to play this season.

“I don’t know how long until they can even consider returning to play, or if they can even return in time at all,” said Sutter. “Brandon mentioned they have to be in quarantine for 10 days, and watching Elliotte (Friedman) on TV, it sounds like they have to have negative test results for a few days. They have to practice after that, so you would think it would have to be two or three weeks.

"It’s not like you’re talking two or three guys. If all these guys have been sick and they have to be cap compliant, could the Canucks come back and play? I don’t know how they can do it.”

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/br ... _top_pages
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canu ... ow-3605876

Bill Daly claims COVID-stricken Canucks can complete 56-game schedule but how?
The Canucks will need to make up at least six postponed games.
4 hours ago By: Daniel Wagner
According to NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly, the Canucks will be expected to complete their 56-game season, necessitating the rescheduling of the six postpone games, as well as any others that might need to be postponed.
Daly called the Canucks’ COVID numbers “concerning from a health and safety standpoint, not necessarily from a scheduling standpoint" according to the Canadian Press.
In a separate email to PITB, Daly said that the possibility of players opting out for the remainder of the season is “not anything that’s been discussed at this point.”
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chris Johnston @reporterchris
Jake Virtanen has been added to the NHL's COVID Protocol list, bringing the number of Canucks listed there to 18.

There are an additional two taxi squad players and three coaches affected by the outbreak.
2:20 PM · Apr 6, 2021·
It's not like Jake to be late for a party. Sorry :oops: Sometimes levity helps a crappy situation.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

He just didn't want to be blamed for the outbreak
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Elliotte Friedman saying the Canucks are serious about bringing Tanner Pearson back on a multi year deal. If it’s 2 years and about 1. 25 million per, I’m fine. If it’s starting with a 2 or 3.... like WTF? Hopefully he’s just blowing gas. Pearson can’t skate. He’s slower than Myers and Tryamkin ffs. Where’s all this depth seven years into Elmo’s tenure? Horvat will be an old man when this team is good.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

More importantly, Horvat needs to work on his stamina, grit and defensive game if he wants to garner any Patrice Beregeron, ROR type level of respect

He should consider taking skating lessons from the big Russian - Tryamkin
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau