Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:02 pm

Miller - Petey - Motte (miller/petey is a line on it's own, all they need is a energy gritty guy on their wing)

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser (boeser adds a top gunner to the 2nd line)

Hoglander - Sutter - Highmore (hoglander/highmore both all out relentless speedsters with tremendous work ethic/energy)

Boyd, Vesey, Roussel, Hawryluk, MacEwen, Virtanen, Beagle(whenever he returns), for these guys whoever is playing with gusto gets to play!
The team does not have enough skill to run 3 lines so put your top players in lines 1 and 2. I want to see the team at least score some goals and have some excitement instead of playing a trap type of game or what ever Green will do.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

2Fingers wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:03 am
SKYO wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:02 pm

Miller - Petey - Motte (miller/petey is a line on it's own, all they need is a energy gritty guy on their wing)

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser (boeser adds a top gunner to the 2nd line)

Hoglander - Sutter - Highmore (hoglander/highmore both all out relentless speedsters with tremendous work ethic/energy)

Boyd, Vesey, Roussel, Hawryluk, MacEwen, Virtanen, Beagle(whenever he returns), for these guys whoever is playing with gusto gets to play!
The team does not have enough skill to run 3 lines so put your top players in lines 1 and 2. I want to see the team at least score some goals and have some excitement instead of playing a trap type of game or what ever Green will do.
They contract to their own slot and flail at pucks til the other teams get minimum 40 shots
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

UWSaint wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:21 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:53 pm
rats19 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:52 pm What was gaudetts issues?
He sucked?

Id say its hockey sense. Just doesnt see the ice very well
Completely disagree. Few on the Canucks are as good at finding the soft spots in the o-zone. He plays like a goal scorer but had trouble finishing plays.

His d-zone play wasn’t anything impressive, the attempted conversion to wing didn’t yield better results. His skating is ultimately not a strength, and I while he’s a hell of a 5th rounder, I think we saw why he was a 5th rounder.
Something happened to him between the COVID pause and the bubble. He was shooting 16% last season, en route to a very good offensive output for a 3rd-liner/2nd PPer. He only had 4 shots in 10 games in the bubble, and was shooting 6.8% this season. The weird thing as well is he was getting quite a few more shots/game than last year, so he wasn't gun-shy.

After last year, I thought his offence would out-balance his defensive deficiencies and he'd fit in as a winger. I don't know why his offence died, but without it he didn't bring much to the table.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ESQ wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:47 am
UWSaint wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:21 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:53 pm
rats19 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:52 pm What was gaudetts issues?
He sucked?

Id say its hockey sense. Just doesnt see the ice very well
Completely disagree. Few on the Canucks are as good at finding the soft spots in the o-zone. He plays like a goal scorer but had trouble finishing plays.

His d-zone play wasn’t anything impressive, the attempted conversion to wing didn’t yield better results. His skating is ultimately not a strength, and I while he’s a hell of a 5th rounder, I think we saw why he was a 5th rounder.
Something happened to him between the COVID pause and the bubble. He was shooting 16% last season, en route to a very good offensive output for a 3rd-liner/2nd PPer. He only had 4 shots in 10 games in the bubble, and was shooting 6.8% this season. The weird thing as well is he was getting quite a few more shots/game than last year, so he wasn't gun-shy.

After last year, I thought his offence would out-balance his defensive deficiencies and he'd fit in as a winger. I don't know why his offence died, but without it he didn't bring much to the table.
Honestly have to consider that maybe Gaudette, like the Canucks as a team, just isn’t that good and last summer’s playoff bubble performance was nothing more than that.....a burst bubble. I mean in the bubble itself Gaudette was useless and ended up being a healthy scratch. So yeah. There’s that.

Benning’s post trade comments are pretty clear that Gaudette was not what we saw last season. Any time a GM talks about a player’s want vs organization need/want and mentions “fresh start” you can read between the lines and see that there was also attitude and chemistry issues on top of the actual on-ice results.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Micky wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:36 pm
Tciso wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:15 pm
Fuck Micky, can you just tell us what they said that was interesting, or ..... post it in the Micks thread full of crayons thread.
You don't read much, do you. viewtopic.php?p=425009#p425009 Fuck Tciso, geez.
Dammit, you are something special. My original response included the entire message that you had posted. see below
Micky wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:00 pm Tanner Pearson interview..9:00 min.

Jim Benning interview..14:29 min.
Fuck Micky, can you just tell us what they said that was interesting, or ..... post it in the Micks thread full of crayons thread.
But, you deleted your part of the post, and then claim I didn't read some other shit about an hour before. So what? You look like a douche when you alter posts to fit your narrative. Your earlier post still didn't mention Pearson, and the post I commented on did not mention that your links were for the post from an hour previously. Not to play Judge, Jury and Executioner, but seriously, ease off on the stand alone links with no fucking context.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The excerpts from the interview was out first. The videos, as always, were later. Go find a bug to step on or something.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Did the Lil'Trojan displace Madison Bowey in Detroit?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tciso wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:04 pm
Dammit, you are something special. My original response included the entire message that you had posted. see below

But, you deleted your part of the post, and then claim I didn't read some other shit about an hour before. So what? You look like a douche when you alter posts to fit your narrative. Your earlier post still didn't mention Pearson, and the post I commented on did not mention that your links were for the post from an hour previously. Not to play Judge, Jury and Executioner, but seriously, ease off on the stand alone links with no fucking context.
You make a good point, I've asked him for brief summaries in the past.

He didn't tie the Benning video link in with the Benning quote post (and Jimmy has given a few interviews lately).

Also he still hasn't said a word about the Pearson video link.

Mick, if you're going to post a video interview link, you should give a brief summary.

Surely you watched the Pearson video yourself right (or did you?).

Should be no problem then to post a summary... or at least mention a single interesting thing he said.

Otherwise it's just board pollution, no one is gonna click on dat dere...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Highmore, the latest in Canuck fan's love affair with NHL marginal (I'm being generous) runts.

Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Highmore will take Mottes fourth line PK spot after Seattle claims Motte in the expansion draft.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Gomer being Gomer. Context is tough for someone who can’t figure out what everyone here has been saying to him for a long while.

When Gomer loses context, he backpedals with insults, lies or bullshit. It’s been his MO for a long while. He thinks he is clever and funny, but it comes across as retarded.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:47 pm

You make a good point, I've asked him for brief summaries in the past.

He didn't tie the Benning video link in with the Benning quote post (and Jimmy has given a few interviews lately).

Also he still hasn't said a word about the Pearson video link.

Mick, if you're going to post a video interview link, you should give a brief summary.

Surely you watched the Pearson video yourself right (or did you?).

Should be no problem then to post a summary... or at least mention a single interesting thing he said.

Otherwise it's just board pollution, no one is gonna click on dat dere...
Could we treat Gomer like the infant he pretends to be and give him a timeout?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I'm a boomer, we beat kids, No pussy timeouts for our kids.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:35 pm I'm a boomer, we beat kids, No pussy timeouts for our kids.
*BOOM*
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:23 pm Highmore will take Mottes fourth line PK spot after Seattle claims Motte in the expansion draft.
Motte is an elite 4th liner and Highmore is a better-than-average 4th liner. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.