Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by 2Fingers »

I will tell you why I’m a little upset.

The team sits once again in the bottom of the league so what does JB do? Resign the same freaking players that has the team once again in the bottom of the league. So I assume he will resign the entire coaching staff as they are “good” with the players, the same players that have the team in the bottom of the league.

I guess there can be a switch that somehow makes these same players all of a sudden play a better system under the same coaching staff and presto makes the playoffs and wins some rounds?

Of course me being blind and dumb (yeah I said it) will watch and hope next season and the year after and so on, just hoping for once the team does actually win it. Who knows maybe I can also live 99 years and with new owners anything can happen.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I’m not upset with the Pearson contract extension. He’s a depth piece that can move up or down the top three lines who would cost more to replace than to keep IMO.

Plus when the whole team bounces back from this gong show next season his numbers will rebound and it will be all forgivesies by the great unwashed.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

JB in his news conference today basically said no TDD will be made as he does not want to put his players through a trade. Not sure if this was reported by anyone else yet?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Holy Fuck what is going on in here? Its only a 3.25x3 extention. Hardly worthy of all this pantywringing and baldspot enlarging that appears to be happening over it.

TP will start on the 2nd and lose his seat to the better asset in Podkolzin by seasons end. Then he will be a damn good 3rd liner who spots onto the second here and there.

Time to let er go Vin Tanner Pearson
If you need air...call it in
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Exactly. Didn't somebody just post that Benning is bringing Green back! WTF!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:51 pm Holy Fuck what is going on in here? Its only a 3.25x3 extention. Hardly worthy of all this pantywringing and baldspot enlarging that appears to be happening over it.

TP will start on the 2nd and lose his seat to the better asset in Podkolzin by seasons end. Then he will be a damn good 3rd liner who spots onto the second here and there.

As I explained to your buddy Skippy, I don’t hate the deal. Not sure what you’re flipping your shit about :drink:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:51 pm Holy Fuck what is going on in here? Its only a 3.25x3 extention. Hardly worthy of all this pantywringing and baldspot enlarging that appears to be happening over it.

You mean a team that can't make the playoffs sign the same players and still be in cap hell is ok?

I am ok with him being resigned but not at his cap hit.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:14 pm Looks like Green/Baumer/Clark all will be back.
Benning on Ian Clark:

Our intention is to bring the whole coaching staff back.

We're going to do everything we can to bring Ian back as well as everyone else.

I think Ian is excellent, he's done a great job with our goalies, especially Thatcher. They have a good relationship
Actually, he said He's got nothing to report on that right now. >> At the 13:25 mark of the interview
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Micky wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:34 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:14 pm Looks like Green/Baumer/Clark all will be back.
Benning on Ian Clark:

I think Ian is excellent, he's done a great job with our goalies, especially Thatcher. They have a good relationship
Actually, he said He's got nothing to report on that right now. >> At the 13:25 mark of the interview
Mick - i hope you are right
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

2Fingers wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:30 pm

You mean a team that can't make the playoffs sign the same players and still be in cap hell is ok?

I am ok with him being resigned but not at his cap hit.
Those same players have proven they can beat anyone in the league in a best of 7 just a few months ago.

Sure they are a little slow and had a rough start, its still a helluva good up and coming core there.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:13 pm

As I explained to your buddy Skippy, I don’t hate the deal. Not sure what you’re flipping your shit about :drink:
Who the fuck is skippy?

A shit flipper i aint my good man
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:49 pm

Who the fuck is skippy?

It must be a code name for one of us!

Yes, he must be onto us.

Okay, I want you and Skyo to circle around and attack his flank, wait for the signal.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:34 pm
Benning on Ian Clark:

Seriously, why... THE FUCK... are you trying to add to Skyo's report by linking another one that says the same thing?

Well LESS actually than Skyo's report.

Skyo's was the 650 radio interview.

The part he quoted can be found here at the 6:45 mark:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/peoples-sh ... -pearsons/

You're just too linky sometimes Micky, that was pointless.

Yes, Skyo is leaping to a conclusion, but your link didn't help underscore that at all.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:56 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:49 pm

Who the fuck is skippy?

It must be a code name for one of us!

Yes, he must be onto us.

Okay, I want you and Skyo to circle around and attack his flank, wait for the signal.
Vin Tanner Pearson thinks everyone is out to get him.

Vin twitches the curtains every time a truck drives by thinking its someone from this board

Vin sizzles his blow in a spoon full of baking soda and water over a candle then hoots it in a toilet roll with a foil screen
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I just find it highly amusing I get a half dozen meat puppets coming at me for questioning management. I love this shit. All Cholla’s pets chasing their tails and then reporting back to their leader. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”