Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:31 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:24 pm The canucks have a Bailey?
Yup, and he's the biggest Bailey like evah!

NFL linebacker Carlton Bailey's son.

He played a few minutes in 2 games for us last season

... and 53 games in Utica.

He's one bad ass mother fucker... or so I've heard. :D
6’4” 214lbs
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Can skate like the wind
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Oh ya that guy.

:hmmm:

Hes another one of those enigmatic players with all the tools but limited hockey sense.
If you need air...call it in
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:17 am Oh ya that guy.

:hmmm:

Hes another one of those enigmatic players with all the tools but limited hockey sense.
Correct. It isn’t just that he is a poor defensive player, he looks lost. He is a chaser, with no concept of assignments. At least that’s what I saw in the brief call up with minimal ice and the preseason games.

I thought he moved great, though. Powerful and fast skater. If he knew where that skating should take him, he’d be an nhl player for sure. He’s like Virtanen, but a little worse at everything.
Hono_rary Canadian
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:58 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:01 pm https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1564512

Sounds like Nucks are interested in Erik Haula in addition to Hamonic. Haula was a former Vegas Knight and almost scored 30Gs not too long ago. Apparently, they're high on Marc Michaelis too and think he can battle for a roster spot.
Yeah, Haula was flying high until he blew his knee out 2 years ago... hasn't been the same since.

Michaelis is that kid they signed out of college right, I don't know anything about him.
Haula still beat his career PPG numbers going 12/12 in 48 games. If you can LTIR Ferk and bury Baer in utica then i reckon hes worth a cheapo 1 yr contract along with adding hamonic for cheap
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:38 am
Strangelove wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:58 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:01 pm https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1564512

Sounds like Nucks are interested in Erik Haula in addition to Hamonic. Haula was a former Vegas Knight and almost scored 30Gs not too long ago. Apparently, they're high on Marc Michaelis too and think he can battle for a roster spot.
Yeah, Haula was flying high until he blew his knee out 2 years ago... hasn't been the same since.

Michaelis is that kid they signed out of college right, I don't know anything about him.
Haula still beat his career PPG numbers going 12/12 in 48 games. If you can LTIR Ferk and bury Baer in utica then i reckon hes worth a cheapo 1 yr contract along with adding hamonic for cheap
One for one.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

So today I sat in my truck in like 30+ store parking lots listening in on 3 different cities radio hockey shows and nobody is giving much of a chance of Vancouver being very good. I find this very strange.

Van has emerging superstar talent at all positions but the other 3 town's teams I was dialed into generally have strength at only one position or the other but none are balanced out like Van.

What is going on....

:evil:

Calgary would be the most balanced but their top talent is either in serious decline or circling the toilet due go indifference.

Toilet has 5 decent players then full on scrubbery beyond

Coilerton is exactly 2 superstars and sweet fuck all else

So what the FUCK?!

...and WHAT IS GOING ON!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:18 pm So today I sat in my truck in like 30+ store parking lots
Wifey doing a little shopping is she? :santa:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:28 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:18 pm So today I sat in my truck in like 30+ store parking lots
Smoked like a half dozen chongers in the various parking lots. Some old bag gave me shit about it even
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:42 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:28 pm
Smoked like a half dozen chongers in the various parking lots. Some old bag gave me shit about it even
What a bitch, doesn't she know some people drive better stoned! 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:18 pm

So what the FUCK?!

Now Oilers have lost their best defenseman for the year.

And hockey genius Ken Holland forgot to get starting goalie (again).

At least 1040 is good for not tempting the hockey gods with their Canucks coverage
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:18 pm So today I sat in my truck in like 30+ store parking lots listening in on 3 different cities radio hockey shows and nobody is giving much of a chance of Vancouver being very good. I find this very strange.

Van has emerging superstar talent at all positions but the other 3 town's teams I was dialed into generally have strength at only one position or the other but none are balanced out like Van.

What is going on....

:evil:

Calgary would be the most balanced but their top talent is either in serious decline or circling the toilet due go indifference.

Toilet has 5 decent players then full on scrubbery beyond

So what the FUCK?!

Media generally seems to love Alberta teams and the Leaves. Some respect for the Habs, but no respect for the Jets or Canucks. If the Canucks had to play any team in the playoffs, I’d probably fear the Jets and Habs most. I think they would beat any of the other teams. Jets are making the top four as are the Canucks.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The addition of Schmidt is bigger in magnatude than any and all of:

-Markstrom/Tanev/the other canuck flushables that went to cowgrease....not to mention their radio is all over a pending Hanafin trade to boston

-Oilers adding Barrie to an already sketchy as fuck back end and kept their rubbish in net.

-Toronto adding old jizz beard himself and Simmonds apparently to Fight Tom fucking Wilson of all things! Seriously this was a major factor according to Laughs insiders for signing him.

:lol:

You cant make this shit up
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:25 pmI’d probably fear the Jets and Habs most. I think they would beat any of the other teams.
Absolutely. The Jets have legit elite talent and are arguably the best in Canada. The Habs arent far behind them.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:00 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:25 pmI’d probably fear the Jets and Habs most. I think they would beat any of the other teams.
Absolutely. The Jets have legit elite talent and are arguably the best in Canada. The Habs arent far behind them.
Sorry, I'm not with you and Cherry Picker - I don't see the Habs making the playoffs.

I think the basement of the Canadian division will be Ottawa and Montreal.