Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 11901
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by SKYO »

King Henrik to sign with the Caps on Friday says this swedish reporter, Johan Rylander.
Källor från USA säger att Henrik Lundqvist kommer att skriva på för Capitals under fredagen.
-
Sources from the USA say that Henrik Lundqvist will sign for Capitals during Friday.

https://twitter.com/rylanderjohan/statu ... 1322146818
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 27137
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by Strangelove »

https://twitter.com/SportsnetSpec/statu ... 7113769984
Mark Spector
@SportsnetSpec

Holland spoke with both Benning and Athanasiou. "Didn't work out anything, so they'll be going unqualified."

7:01 PM · Oct 6, 2020
Hmmmm... so draft Michael Benning tomorrow and sign Matthew Benning on Friday.

Thoughts Meg? :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by Micky »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:24 pm
Well since no one seemed to join my “save Shotgun Jake club”, I’d just like to congratulate Jake on getting his qualifying offer.
Yipeeeeee!

Next step is for Big Tuna to agree to a contract and then hang on without getting traded until training camp...baby steps, but I’m confident with all his club member support, all one of us, we’ll get there.
Hey, if he can stick with an honest effort every game, he's a good player with excellent skills and still room to improve. Maybe Green has him
on a short leash because of trust issues. Maybe Trav should be a little less trigger happy. Who knows. Very good chance he's resigned.

I worry about Jake being a club member. :hmmm:
"evolution"
User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2414
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:18 pm https://twitter.com/SportsnetSpec/statu ... 7113769984
Mark Spector
@SportsnetSpec

Holland spoke with both Benning and Athanasiou. "Didn't work out anything, so they'll be going unqualified."

7:01 PM · Oct 6, 2020
Hmmmm... so draft Michael Benning tomorrow and sign Matthew Benning on Friday.

Thoughts Meg? :mex:
The family that stays together, plays together. :D
el rey del mambo
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 11901
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by SKYO »

UFA goalie market is really crowded all of a sudden!

Holtby
Crawford
Markstrom
Smith
Anderson
Dell
Greiss
Lundqvist
Khudobin
Howard
Talbot
Miller
Domingue
Hutchinson
Schneider
Kinkaid

All the Canucks need is 1B goalie for two years to help play games with Demko.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1472
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:56 am

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by Cherry Picker »

SKYO wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:24 am UFA goalie market is really crowded all of a sudden!

Holtby
Crawford
Markstrom
Smith
Anderson
Dell
Greiss
Lundqvist
Khudobin
Howard
Talbot
Miller
Domingue
Hutchinson
Schneider
Kinkaid

All the Canucks need is 1B goalie for two years to help play games with Demko.
Not many should get more than 3 million. Maybe Marky and Holtby, anyone else?
We are all Jim Benning.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 11901
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by SKYO »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:36 am
SKYO wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:24 am UFA goalie market is really crowded all of a sudden!
All the Canucks need is 1B goalie for two years to help play games with Demko.
Not many should get more than 3 million. Maybe Marky and Holtby, anyone else?
Hawks couldn't re-sign Crawford because he was demanding $4.5M+ AAV range, so he may very well get about $4M ish.

-

Jimmy's neph is an UFA - Matt Benning. 6'1 - 203lbs. right shot. Oil didn't want to qualify him at his $1.9M aav. Wouldn't mind him to replace Stecher at about $1.5M ish, avg 17-20pts a year.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by Micky »

Brent Wallace@tsn_wally
#sens Dorion says they did not qualify Duclair. Dorion says that Duclair acted as his own agent and that they offered him a “substantial raise” but that Duclair will be headed to free agency.
3:38 PM · Oct 7, 2020·
Only 5'11 but "left wing". Decent player but 25 yrs old and already played for 5 NHL teams. That signifies something. Too bad.
"evolution"
User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2414
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Micky wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:49 pm
Brent Wallace@tsn_wally
#sens Dorion says they did not qualify Duclair. Dorion says that Duclair acted as his own agent and that they offered him a “substantial raise” but that Duclair will be headed to free agency.
3:38 PM · Oct 7, 2020·
Only 5'11 but "left wing". Decent player but 25 yrs old and already played for 5 NHL teams. That signifies something. Too bad.
He represented himself in contract talks with Dorion. Seems like a weirdo.
el rey del mambo
User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2414
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Looks like Khudobin has the Canucks on his list. He would be an excellent compliment to Demko in nets.

https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/stat ... 35680?s=20

Toffoli looks like a goner.

https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/stat ... 13313?s=20
el rey del mambo
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12140
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:57 pm
Micky wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:49 pm
Brent Wallace@tsn_wally
#sens Dorion says they did not qualify Duclair. Dorion says that Duclair acted as his own agent and that they offered him a “substantial raise” but that Duclair will be headed to free agency.
3:38 PM · Oct 7, 2020·
Only 5'11 but "left wing". Decent player but 25 yrs old and already played for 5 NHL teams. That signifies something. Too bad.
He represented himself in contract talks with Dorion. Seems like a weirdo.
Anything negative about a coloured player always hearkens me back to this:
Rumsfeld wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:58 am PK Subban
Mike Grier
Jarome Iginla
Dustin Byfuglien
Shawn Belle
Ray Emery
Joel Ward
Wayne Simmonds
Jamal Mayers
Evander Kane
Nigel Dawes
Akim Aliu
Rummy has his own list

:lol:
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2414
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:02 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:57 pm
Micky wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:49 pm
Brent Wallace@tsn_wally
#sens Dorion says they did not qualify Duclair. Dorion says that Duclair acted as his own agent and that they offered him a “substantial raise” but that Duclair will be headed to free agency.
3:38 PM · Oct 7, 2020·
Only 5'11 but "left wing". Decent player but 25 yrs old and already played for 5 NHL teams. That signifies something. Too bad.
He represented himself in contract talks with Dorion. Seems like a weirdo.
Anything negative about a coloured player always hearkens me back to this:
Rumsfeld wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:58 am PK Subban
Mike Grier
Jarome Iginla
Dustin Byfuglien
Shawn Belle
Ray Emery
Joel Ward
Wayne Simmonds
Jamal Mayers
Evander Kane
Nigel Dawes
Akim Aliu
Rummy has his own list

:lol:
lol
el rey del mambo
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2764
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:59 pm Looks like Khudobin has the Canucks on his list. He would be an excellent compliment to Demko in nets.

https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/stat ... 35680?s=20
We have some nice options if we can't re-sign Marky. According to Dhaliwal, Braden Holtby & Thomas Greiss are interested in Vancouver as well. Apparently Greiss likes mountain biking in Whistler.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1536333
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 18977
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:03 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:59 pm Looks like Khudobin has the Canucks on his list. He would be an excellent compliment to Demko in nets.

https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/stat ... 35680?s=20
We have some nice options if we can't re-sign Marky. According to Dhaliwal, Braden Holtby & Thomas Greiss are interested in Vancouver as well. Apparently Greiss likes mountain biking in Whistler.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1536333
Let’s be clear about something here, Bersnooz! Everyone wants to play here now. Like fishing out of a barrel. “Come to Papa” - Jimbro Benning
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2414
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Maybe Dave Poulin has heard Wennberg likes Chinese food.
el rey del mambo
Post Reply