Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1472
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:56 am

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by Cherry Picker »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:13 am
Micky wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:39 am
Pierre LeBrun@PierreVLeBrun
The Canucks, I'm told this morning, are hanging in there on the OEL trade front. But still not clear if it will lead to the finish line. No question I think the Coyotes would prefer OEL expand his list of teams instead.
7:40 AM · Oct 3, 2020
Let's not gut the team.
Absolutely no 20/21 Ist round pick.
It only means Jimmy has Billy Armstrong by the hips and hes not liking it at all. Obviously we've tabled our final offer and its up to OEL how deep he lets Jimmy dig around in Billys dumpster
If that’s the case, I hope he put a time limit on that final offer, like in the next hour. We need some “we couldn’t reach an agreement” news to relax. I would also like a Canuck friendly Toffoli signing to feel good, and a very short term Tanev signing to feel great. Then Benning can kick back until FA Frenzy and sign that old NY goalie. Maybe move Stecher out for a pick, but keep Jake around for shit and giggles. Can we start a save Shotgun Jake club?
We are all Jim Benning.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 11901
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by SKYO »

Probably a shitty time to become a UFA these next few years with Covid-19 and a flat cap.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12140
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Its a great time to be a fan though
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9502
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by Cornuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:41 am Its a great time to be a fan though
*Disclaimer - "A great time to be a CANUCKS fan"

(it always sucks to be a leaves fan)
2019-20 - Playoff Bound
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1126
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by theman »

Getting twitchy now, just want some trades/signings so we can discuss them. Come on Benning, make a move!
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12140
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:47 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:41 am Its a great time to be a fan though
*Disclaimer - "A great time to be a CANUCKS fan"

(it always sucks to be a leaves fan)
Haha well that really goes without saying.

Whatever happens this offseason, the team will have a new look on defense. Be it OEL, Barrie or some other change up....they wont be trotting out the same flawed group. This makes brownie happy
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12140
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by The Brown Wizard »

theman wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:52 am Getting twitchy now, just want some trades/signings so we can discuss them. Come on Benning, make a move!
Its like watching the delisio through the oven door
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1472
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:56 am

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by Cherry Picker »

Best part of Benning’s presser was his commitment to Demko. The way I heard it, they don’t have a plan to sign Marky and flip Demko. Either Marky signs to share the net without expansion draft protection, or he doesn’t. But either way they seem committed to Demko playing here (at least for next season).
We are all Jim Benning.
User avatar
JelloPuddingPop
CC Veteran
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:54 am
theman wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:52 am Getting twitchy now, just want some trades/signings so we can discuss them. Come on Benning, make a move!
Its like watching the delisio through the oven door
A Stetcher re-signing would be like Delissio... an OEL trade is at least a Dr. Oetker!
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1126
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by theman »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:29 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:54 am
theman wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:52 am Getting twitchy now, just want some trades/signings so we can discuss them. Come on Benning, make a move!
Its like watching the delisio through the oven door
A Stetcher re-signing would be like Delissio... an OEL trade is at least a Dr. Oetker!
I see stretcher being qualified and, if the OEL trade happens, traded to AZ.
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by Micky »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:21 pm Best part of Benning’s presser was his commitment to Demko. The way I heard it, they don’t have a plan to sign Marky and flip Demko. Either Marky signs to share the net without expansion draft protection, or he doesn’t. But either way they seem committed to Demko playing here (at least for next season).
Ya, think that's pretty accurate. Not moving Demko. There's a rumor in here that Demko is something Arizona wanted in a OEL trade.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/ca ... ZytSqLHNYE

Also saw something elsewhere the Canucks are buggeting 3 to 4 million for a goalie if nothing is worked out to keep Markstrom.
"evolution"
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1126
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by theman »

Micky wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:41 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:21 pm Best part of Benning’s presser was his commitment to Demko. The way I heard it, they don’t have a plan to sign Marky and flip Demko. Either Marky signs to share the net without expansion draft protection, or he doesn’t. But either way they seem committed to Demko playing here (at least for next season).
Ya, think that's pretty accurate. Not moving Demko. There's a rumor in here that Demko is something Arizona wanted in a OEL trade.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/ca ... ZytSqLHNYE

Also saw something elsewhere the Canucks are buggeting 3 to 4 million for a goalie if nothing is worked out to keep Markstrom.
Yeah, I would be very hesitant to put Demko into that trade, almost can't envision a scenario where I would do that.
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12140
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by The Brown Wizard »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:29 pm A Stetcher re-signing would be like Delissio... an OEL trade is at least a Dr. Oetker!
Stetcher is at best a mini pizza/pizza pop to be traded for a granola bar or a juice box with or without a straw
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1126
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by theman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:51 pm
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:29 pm A Stetcher re-signing would be like Delissio... an OEL trade is at least a Dr. Oetker!
Stetcher is at best a mini pizza/pizza pop to be traded for a granola bar or a juice box with or without a straw
If he is qualified, I expect him to be moving to AZ immediately after.
User avatar
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4941
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: On wide shoulders...

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by Carl Yagro »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:51 pm
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:29 pm A Stetcher re-signing would be like Delissio... an OEL trade is at least a Dr. Oetker!
Stetcher is at best a mini pizza/pizza pop to be traded for a granola bar or a juice box with or without a straw
Stecher is one of those frozen, cauliflower crust abominations. It looks like a pizza, but it really isn't.
Try to focus on THIS year...
Post Reply