Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Re: Pre-draft & pre-free-agent day speculation

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:30 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:13 pm Brendan Dillon is a known canuck scorner. I think he even exercised his right to veto a trade to Vancouver a few years back
You’re thinking of Jason Demers. I’ve heard Dillon wants to come home. He’d be a solid addition if Tanev and Stecher aren’t retained. Demelo too.
We should avoid bringing home B.C. boys to play here at all costs. They stink. I’m all for Swedes and Americans and Russians only and a couple of Ontario born
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:52 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:13 pm Brendan Dillon is a known canuck scorner. I think he even exercised his right to veto a trade to Vancouver a few years back
You’re thinking of Jason Demers. I’ve heard Dillon wants to come home. He’d be a solid addition if Tanev and Stecher aren’t retained. Demelo too.
We should avoid bringing home B.C. boys to play here at all costs. They stink. I’m all for Swedes and Americans and Russians only and a couple of Ontario born
What happened in your youth that make you loathe Canadian hockey players?
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:48 pm
Oh yaaaaaaa.

Fuck.

The other shark dman. Oh well...Dillon can still play and would be a huge fan favorite for his physical play. If he wants to come home, them to quote the Floyd deep track classic....bring the boys back home
Memories...

"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:01 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:48 pm
Oh yaaaaaaa.

Fuck.

The other shark dman. Oh well...Dillon can still play and would be a huge fan favorite for his physical play. If he wants to come home, them to quote the Floyd deep track classic....bring the boys back home
Memories...

Is this the link that answers the question I asked you?

Is this ‘the Trevor factor’ ??

... what is ‘the Trevor factor’?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:28 pm Is this the link that answers the question I asked you?

WTF?
that was a comment about me thinking Linden had plenty of input into the hiring of W. Desjardins as head coach.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:31 pm

"I don't think there's a front office in the NHL that has more balls in the air than Vancouver."

Sounds reassuring! 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:30 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:52 pm
What happened in your youth that make you loathe Canadian hockey players?
Mark Messier? :?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:01 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:28 pm Is this the link that answers the question I asked you?

WTF?
that was a comment about me thinking Linden had plenty of input into the hiring of W. Desjardins as head coach.
Why wouldn’t a president of a hockey operations have plenty of input into a head coach hiring?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I feel sad for old dudes (Doyle) who haven’t come to the realization that fighting is no longer relevant in the NHL.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:59 am I feel sad for old dudes (Doyle) who haven’t come to the realization that fighting is no longer relevant in the NHL.
How is this comment at all relevant to this thread?
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Dhillon is a lefty, if they want rathbone or joulevi playing next year don’t know if there’s room for him, if joulevi/rathbone are gonna be spare guys I think dhillon could be a great partner for Barry (or Myers for that matter). Pick up a cheap Luke Schenn for Hughes and we’re good to go.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:45 am Dhillon is a lefty, if they want rathbone or joulevi playing next year don’t know if there’s room for him, if joulevi/rathbone are gonna be spare guys I think dhillon could be a great partner for Barry (or Myers for that matter). Pick up a cheap Luke Schenn for Hughes and we’re good to go.
Brenden Dillon will be 30 in November. He's been making three and a quarter. He'll get at least four for four+ on the market. Maybe more.
I can't see a scenario where Barrie signs in Van unless both Tanev and Stecher are gone. If Edler was retiring now it could be so different.
Olli will get his shot for sure. This time round they'll allot for rookie mistakes and unless he's a complete disaster, he'll play the year.
"evolution"
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Rick talking to Dillon:
Dillon "To be a Canuck right now, it is a fun time. It is one of the top cities to play in, good young team."

https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/stat ... 3649356802
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

If Benning gets Arizona to deep throat Eriksson, Sutter and Jew-levi for OEL...thats payback from the hockey gods for the pounding Jimmys uvula took for Kesler
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:54 pm If Benning gets Arizona to deep throat Eriksson, Sutter and Jew-levi for OEL...thats payback from the hockey gods for the pounding Jimmys uvula took for Kesler
The guy has seven years left on his contract at 8.25 million a year. Hughes and Petey will need 10 million per. Leaves 50 million app for 20 other guys down the road.