Goalies moving forward.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

What goalie situation is more palatable to you?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:33 pm

Signing Markstrom if it means losing Demko to a trade or expansion draft within a year.
22%
Not signing Markstrom if it means keeping Demko as the starter moving forward with a cheaper UFA backup.
78%

Total votes: 23

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Goalies moving forward.

Post by Madcombinepilot »

If Reef is a midget, then by definition is he not waiting at the end of the hallway of my hotel in Vegas, a tin cook pot on his head, riding a large dog, with a garbage can lid in one hand and a broomstick with a boxing glove in the other, preparing to joust with Willow (similarly equipped) at the other end of said hallway??!?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:26 pm If Reef is a midget, then by definition is he not waiting at the end of the hallway of my hotel in Vegas, a tin cook pot on his head, riding a large dog, with a garbage can lid in one hand and a broomstick with a boxing glove in the other, preparing to joust with Willow (similarly equipped) at the other end of said hallway??!?
:lol:

Ambrosious!
[img] content://media/external/file/57442 [/img]

Speaking of Willow....have you seen An Idiot Abroad where Karl Pilkington is stuck traveling around the world with Willow? Willow is an arrogant bitchy twat in it but its fuckin hilarious
Last edited by Cousin Strawberry on Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:28 pm Jesus fingers:

I kinda wanna stick 2 fingers in her!!
There isnt even a hint of a tit.

If youre gonna dream....at least make sure it includes a couple of fun bags
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

You might want to get Shoulders to help you toss Reef in there. Ole Doyle loves Shoulders
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:23 am

You might want to get Shoulders to help you toss Reef in there. Ole Doyle loves Shoulders
"evolution"
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Micky wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:34 am I've listened to Benning's interview 3 times now and the most critical point he makes about the goalies is that he feels with our travel schedule,
it's better to go with two proficient net-minders. Sounds like he wants Markstrom back but can only spend so much and Jacob has the right to test the market. There is nothing to be read in to that. Anyone with half a brain in the position Markstrom is in would allow his agent to listen to offers.
Benning has champagne problems. He has his budget from ownership, will try to keep Markstrom under that budget, and we'll see how he does. Markstrom knows what he has in the dressing room and don't discount that he knows this was the club that stuck with him when he was on his last trip around the league as a prospect and made him who he is today in the league. Ya don't fuck with happiness.

Benning will play hardball to a point but both sides know where the sweet spot is at the end of it.

Worse comes to worst, Benning has Demko as a Plan B. If he manages to keep both, then it's a matter of positioning for the trade deadline.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

So who will be the starter next year? What is the latest?

If I could re-vote I'd change mine to Demko. Marky is a sacrificial asset unfortunately we can afford to lose. Laurent Broissot is a surrey boy i think....hes had decent games against us. Possible affordable back up option

Marky was awesome for the Canucks but if he wants to get the big cheques he will have to move himself out
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Markstrom's contract wound up expiring right at the moment Demko signaled his arrival as the long term starter.

Master planning by Benning who has to be regarded as some kind of genius at this point.
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:14 pm Benning has to be regarded as some kind of genius at this point.
Interesting. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:06 pm So who will be the starter next year? What is the latest?

If I could re-vote I'd change mine to Demko. Marky is a sacrificial asset unfortunately we can afford to lose. Laurent Broissot is a surrey boy i think....hes had decent games against us. Possible affordable back up option

Marky was awesome for the Canucks but if he wants to get the big cheques he will have to move himself out
There still is a chance the market wont bear his deserved contract and he signs a shorty here until the market recovers.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dangler wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:34 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:06 pm So who will be the starter next year? What is the latest?

There still is a chance the market wont bear his deserved contract and he signs a shorty here until the market recovers.
There’s actually no chance of this. If he gets to market he’s gone..... full stop
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Benning should make a final offer to Marky soon and if not accepted then trade his rights to someone who wants to negotiate with Marky back east. It may get a draft pick and it let’s all the other UFAs and RFAs know it is time to sign what’s offered or they’re choosing to move to another club. Time’s short and there is no more time to negotiate.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:16 pm
dangler wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:34 pm

There’s actually no chance of this. If he gets to market he’s gone..... full stop
Doyles magic crystal ball sees all
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Just common sense. There’s a lot of teams that would love Markstrom as their number 1 and could guarantee him a NMC. But hey ... you do you.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:50 pm Benning should make a final offer to Marky soon and if not accepted then trade his rights to someone who wants to negotiate with Marky back east. It may get a draft pick and it let’s all the other UFAs and RFAs know it is time to sign what’s offered or they’re choosing to move to another club. Time’s short and there is no more time to negotiate.
This is a real good tactic to get the players to turn on management.

Yes, time is short, but the players what to play. They know we can win here, and they have to decide what they want.

Does any fan really think that JB isn’t working the phones for trades, and talking to the agents and players to get some contracts signed?!? Just because is isn’t happing RIGHT NOW doesn’t mean the media and fan base needs to panic. Y’all need to have some edibles or some shit. Chill out for a couple weeks.

I for one like that he is taking his time, figuring out the market, and actually THINKING about the moves he is making for the future.. planning ahead. Too many media and arm chair GM’s have already made 15 knee jerk reaction moves that make the team worse.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.