R2 - Canucks vs vegas - 2020 Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Micky
MVP
MVP

Re: R2 - Canucks vs vegas - 2020 Playoffs

Post by Micky »

JAY JANOWER@JayJanower
It’s my understanding we’re having multiple Game 7’s tonight because NBC is showing Kentucky Derby tomorrow...and what NBC wants it gets...nothing like Uncle Gary looking after Canadian hockey fans by allowing Canucks & VegasBorn a day of rest...
2:15 PM · Sep 4, 2020·
:evil: :evil: :evil: I believe this only because I can see no other reason.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:25 am
ukcanuck wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:36 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 pm
Vancouver #Canucks@Canucks
https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1301609582238679040

Vancouver, BC - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled goaltender Jake Kielly. Michael DiPietro, has been deemed unfit to play.
Man, not a good sign. Demko has been great and we gotta ride him, but it'd be nice to have Marky Mark back sooner than later. Wonder what's up with Mikey D? I'd be more comfortable to have him here.
Let’s hope it’s just an insurance call up
Michael DiPietro is unfit to play. So they are replacing him with Kelly. He will need to go through the same routine as everyone did, entering the
bubble.
Guess the Canucks are thinking long term here. 8-)
What you are missing is that DiPietro has been in Vancouver since the play-in/playoffs began

... but Kielly is now being brought straight into the bubble in Edmonton.

Could possibly be cause for concern...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

No word on why Dipietro is unfit to play. Canucks are being proactive because Jake Kielly has to go through quarantine so should they advance they would play Sunday and need to have Kielly ready asap for the next series as the third goalie.

What it tells me is that Markstrom's groin is not going to be a short term injury. He could be done until the Finals.
The only HW the Canucks need
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:24 pm

What you are missing is that DiPietro has been in Vancouver since the play-in/playoffs began

... but Kielly is now being brought straight into the bubble in Edmonton.

Could possibly be cause for concern...
I think he'll have to through the wait period as they all did. In theory, we could need him much later. Thinking ahead...
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:53 pm No word on why Dipietro is unfit to play. Canucks are being proactive because Jake Kielly has to go through quarantine so should they advance they would play Sunday and need to have Kielly ready asap for the next series as the third goalie.

What it tells me is that Markstrom's groin is not going to be a short term injury. He could be done until the Finals.
My thoughts exactly.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

After defending Demko throughout the past year or two, homie is finally ready for big man duties.

All he needs is a $2M - $2.5M 1B type veteran goalie to play 35 games.

Marky can walk, saving the team about $4M in cap space.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Raging Fury
MVP
MVP

Post by Raging Fury »

SKYO wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:39 pm After defending Demko throughout the past year or two, homie is finally ready for big man duties.

All he needs is a $2M - $2.5M 1B type veteran goalie to play 35 games.

Marky can walk, saving the team about $4M in cap space.
This might just be recency bias though. Demko showed us what he can do in short bursts, yes, but it's quite another to do it the whole season. I'm in favor of doing everything to keep Marky if possible.

That said, if Marky priced himself out, I would not be too nervous because of what we've seen in the Demigod.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Oh... and this thread is as good as any...

fuck vegas
2019-20 - Playoff Bound
ukcanuck
CC Legend

Post by ukcanuck »

Cornuck wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:53 pm Oh... and this thread is as good as any...

fuck vegas
I guess the silver lining if any is that we will have some context as Vegas carries on its cup quest. How will Dallas deal with the knights

And yeah fuck Vegas
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:53 am
Cornuck wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:53 pm Oh... and this thread is as good as any...

fuck vegas
I guess the silver lining if any is that we will have some context as Vegas carries on its cup quest. How will Dallas deal with the knights

And yeah fuck Vegas
If the juice monkeys are still flying they'll destroy the sharts
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
ukcanuck
CC Legend

Post by ukcanuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:30 am

fuck vegas

And yeah fuck Vegas

They were pretty fucking impressive today. Too bad the Canucks had to square away St. Louis before facing the knights.

That’s two heavy goon squads in a row. 13 games. Kinda understandable they didn’t have anything left for game 7.
Benning needs to find a couple big nasty Motherfuckers for the bottom six.

There needed to be an answer to Reaves in game one

Rouster is too small and Sorry but Virtanen just doesn’t have the marbles.

Four series in a row to the cup is daunting Imagine the stars being the easy out and then it’s still one of philly or Boston Etc waiting.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:05 am

fuck vegas

And yeah fuck Vegas

They were pretty fucking impressive today. Too bad the Canucks had to square away St. Louis before facing the knights.

That’s two heavy goon squads in a row. 13 games. Kinda understandable they didn’t have anything left for game 7.

Four series in a row to the cup is daunting Imagine the stars being the easy out and then it’s still one of philly or Boston Etc waiting.
Yes the bottom 6 is a huge problem but “nasty”? What do you mean “nasty”? If you think it’s a whole bunch Ryan Reaves then we’ll that isn’t making the bottom 6 any better at all, but if you mean “nasty” in the dog on a bone puck pursuit player type of way, players with high motors and a compete level possessing the skill and brains to be of some kind of consistent use the entire 60 minutes the game then yes.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
ukcanuck
CC Legend

Post by ukcanuck »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:13 am
ukcanuck wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:05 am

fuck vegas

And yeah fuck Vegas

Yes the bottom 6 is a huge problem but “nasty”? What do you mean “nasty”? If you think it’s a whole bunch Ryan Reaves then we’ll that isn’t making the bottom 6 any better at all, but if you mean “nasty” in the dog on a bone puck pursuit player type of way, players with high motors and a compete level possessing the skill and brains to be of some kind of consistent use the entire 60 minutes the game then yes.
I mean the latter description, the fourth line goon days are long gone but you look up and down the Canucks roster and who answers the bell against Reaves because that Was what he was begging for in game one and that game had us behind the 8 ball all series. In fact, we win that game it doesn’t even get to a game 7

The nights they come out flat and the other team figures they are going to take the body you gotta have that deterrent. How brave are they going to be when reaves takes a beating at center ice in game one?
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uk no offence but the Reaves wasn’t the problem for us. Goon hockey has no significance in the game today. You need players who are very competitive, that’s the new nasty. Las Vegas has that throughout the entire line up.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Vegas has a very veteran line-up. Better? No. More experienced? Yes. Some may say the Canucks had no business being in that game seven last
night but as much as they earned it, Vegas gave it to them with horrid give-aways and total brain farts in both games five and six.
Canucks had have had that extra day off or a better game plan for last night they would have won. Not to take anything away from Demko's brilliant performance but the Knights couldn't finish worth shit. Why people are saying they're such a great team is beyond me. The shit thing is, they pretty much have a cake walk to the covid cup now.
We were the team of destiny this year.

Until we were'n't

No bitterness.
"evolution"