Who wins the lottery?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who wins the lottery?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:04 am

Oilers
14%
Predators
14%
Wild
14%
Jets
No votes
Rangers
29%
Penguins
7%
Maple leaves
No votes
Panthers
21%

Total votes: 14

Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Who wins the lottery?

Post by Curmudgeon »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:40 pm Will Ottawa offer 3 and 5 for 1? Would it even be enough?
I don't think so plus the Rangers drafting 1st overall is a wet dream for the NHL. Sorry, wouldn't be enough IMO.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Nice, so glad the leaves, oilers or pens didn't win it, nor team tank redwings.

NYR get two uberstar WINGERS, in Lafreniere & Kakko.

Kings and Sens will get a top forward.

Jamie Drysdale is the wildcard.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:40 pm Will Ottawa offer 3 and 5 for 1? Would it even be enough?
NYR gotta think long and hard about that one, can get one of Byfield/Stutzle + Drysdale & Raymond? that'd be crazy, I think the Sens keep those picks, better for the rebuild (quality + quantity).
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Why did the guy loading the machine only drop one ball, the Rangers ball?
Could it be the magnetic shell inside the plastic was heavier than the other balls?
You know it’s true!

FIIIXXXXXXX!!!
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:54 pm Why did the guy loading the machine only drop one ball, the Rangers ball?
Could it be the magnetic shell inside the plastic was heavier than the other balls?
You know it’s true!

FIIIXXXXXXX!!!
Seriously it was like this:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

fuck the rangers - at least he's going out east.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I’m actually glad the Rangers got it. Have they ever had a 1st overall pick? The Rangers have always tried to ice a winner every year, never really done the Tank thing so they are deserving of it.

The Rangers are a bit loaded on the left side with Panarin and Kreider and thin ar centre after Zibanejad. They have Kakko on RW. Would they drop back and take a centre in either Byfield or Stutzle? Do they approach Ottawa and propose “you want Lafrenierre? The 3rd and 5th will get it done.l
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:06 pm Unreal

https://twitter.com/i/status/1292965620712198145
:wow:

It's like the Leaves ball and the Rags ball were the only ones that had a chance!

FIIIXXXXXXX!!!

Thank God it wasn't the Leaves ball though, I'd be suicidal...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lafreniere is cool. They asked how he felt about going to NY and he let it fly. No bullshit about ‘I don’t know if I’ll be picked first overall’ etc. He knows he will. Why pussyfoot around it. Kid has confidence coming out the ying yang.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:07 pm Do they approach Ottawa and propose “you want Lafrenierre? The 3rd and 5th will get it done.l
WHOA... you and Hargraves are on the same wavelength today... scary!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:11 pm Fucking Rags eh... that team is going to be a mean piece of business pretty quickly.
If Kravtsov, who is an excellent prospect, comes over soon, Kappo becomes what’s expected of him and Chytil continues to improve, the Rangers are definitely set with Zibanejad at no. 1 centre who is a very good player along with a Panarin, yeah they should be a pretty mean piece of business. There D is top shelf not to mention that the Rangers have an embarrassment of riches in very good goalie prospects. There really isn’t a glaring weakness in the team. Getting Lafrenierre and Kravtsov there is a massive game changer for that organization. Goalie prospect - Shesterkin was no. 1 on Buttons top 50 NHL affiliated prospects list
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:17 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:07 pm Do they approach Ottawa and propose “you want Lafrenierre? The 3rd and 5th will get it done.l
WHOA... you and Hargraves are on the same wavelength today... scary!
I wouldn’t do it, Lafrenierre is a stud. Still not sold on Byfield being a superstar, maybe more like an Eric Staal. Lafrenierre has star potential
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Panarin Zibanejad Kravtsov
Lafrenierre Chytil Kakko
Kreider Strome
Lemieux Andersson
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah if we had the pick I wouldn’t want Benning to trade it for 3 and 5 either. Lafreniere is going to be one of the best players in the league. He’s a beauty. I’m just curious if Ottawa wants to take a run at trading for the pick.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:31 pm Yeah if we had the pick I wouldn’t want Benning to trade it for 3 and 5 either. Lafreniere is going to be one of the best players in the league. He’s a beauty. I’m just curious if Ottawa wants to take a run at trading for the pick.
Ottawa is going to do very well at 3 and 5

At 3rd it will either be Byfield or Stutzle and at 5th either Drisdale, Perfetti, Raymond, Holtz, Rossi. They are set