Fix The Canucks Cap 2020 Offseason

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Fix The Canucks Cap 2020 Offseason

Post by Cherry Picker »

Looking forward to the press conference. Hope Benning and Green list the injuries, Myers and Hughes... plus who?

With the UFAs, I’d like to hear Benning say, “They’ve earn the right to explore the market. We will make offers to some of them, but due to Covid, the reduced salary cap and the expansion draft it has to work for both sides.”

I don’t want to hear Benning say, “We plan to sign Jacob Markstrom.”

I also want Benning to say, “I have several trades to announce. We’ve traded Brandon Sutter to Edmonton for their fifth round draft pick. They wanted a face-off checking centre. We’ve traded our third round pick and Loui Eriksson to Ottawa for their seventh round pick. They wanted to make the salary cap floor without actually spending to that floor. And we’ve traded Antoine Roussel to Toronto for their sixth round pick. They wanted some more grit to support their skill.”

I wouldn’t mind hearing Benning say, “We plan to resign all our RFAs.”

I’d also like to hear Benning say, “I have a couple signings to announce. We’ve signed Elias Petterson and Quinn Hughes to matching eight year, 72 million contracts.” Drops mic and walks off the stage a la Torts.

That’s not too much to ask for one press conference, is it?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:22 am If Stecher wants a big raise his days are numbered here. I’d prioritize RFA’s Motte, Gaudette and Virtanen over him. We need Gaudette cause we lack centres with Sutter and Beagle going soon

Stecher can be replaced within. Gaudette stays cause he’s a centre. Maybe Jake gets moved just to get rid of Eriksson. I’m ok with that. We are stacked on RW
I think Stecher will be traded. His value is high right now, and we probably won't be able to keep both him and Tanev. Plus we do need to give the youngsters some ice time. Stecher, and one of the animals for cap relief and a 5th?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Tciso wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:50 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:22 am If Stecher wants a big raise his days are numbered here. I’d prioritize RFA’s Motte, Gaudette and Virtanen over him. We need Gaudette cause we lack centres with Sutter and Beagle going soon

Stecher can be replaced within. Gaudette stays cause he’s a centre. Maybe Jake gets moved just to get rid of Eriksson. I’m ok with that. We are stacked on RW
I think Stecher will be traded. His value is high right now, and we probably won't be able to keep both him and Tanev. Plus we do need to give the youngsters some ice time. Stecher, and one of the animals for cap relief and a 5th?
Yeah, I can see that happening. Think OJ will be given every opportunity to claim a spot next year. I think Virtannen's days are numbered too.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:20 pm
Or it could be something more >>> :idea: Mud slinging at the Knights? :lol:
After being beat by the knights, what possible ‘mud slinging’ Could they do?!??

And the was the last time ANY management team talked shit in a presser about another team?

Why post silly shit like that?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:32 am
Micky wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:20 pm
Or it could be something more >>> :idea: Mud slinging at the Knights? :lol:
After being beat by the knights, what possible ‘mud slinging’ Could they do?!??

And the was the last time ANY management team talked shit in a presser about another team?

Why post silly shit like that?
"most folks know the laughing smiley means joking." so while we're talking about silly shit!!!!!!!!!!! Why permanently jinx the team with a
poor quality mock-up of a Stanley Cup they haven't won as your picture ?.. :lol:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:47 am !!!!!!!!!!!
:wow:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

!
sorry.
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Doug Maclean weighs in:

"Probably let Markstrom walk, find a good second goalie. Sign Tanev for sure, he's a Canuck. Let Stecher, Virtanen and Toffoli go, replace Virtanen with MacEwen. Send Eriksson to the minors.

https://twitter.com/TSN1040/status/1303 ... 39808?s=20
el rey del mambo
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

theman wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:06 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:06 pm Eriksson could have value to Ottawa. Melnyk was already scrambling and COVID just made it worse so when you consider they have maybe Tierney, Brown, Duclair, and Borowiecki as players of consequence to re-sign and none of those guys are bank breakers, along with Boedker and his $4 mil hit coming off the books, having a large cap hit with relatively low dollars due may be of interest just to keep them consistently above the cap floor.
Yeah, but Eriksson would have to agree to the move. I guess we could 'convince' him that it is in his best interest to agree to the move.
Ottawa is at least in the NHL and a nicer city than Utica.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Curmudgeon wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:31 pm
theman wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:06 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:06 pm Eriksson could have value to Ottawa. Melnyk was already scrambling and COVID just made it worse so when you consider they have maybe Tierney, Brown, Duclair, and Borowiecki as players of consequence to re-sign and none of those guys are bank breakers, along with Boedker and his $4 mil hit coming off the books, having a large cap hit with relatively low dollars due may be of interest just to keep them consistently above the cap floor.
Yeah, but Eriksson would have to agree to the move. I guess we could 'convince' him that it is in his best interest to agree to the move.
Loui only has a 15 team no trade clause. so, 50/50 he picks Ottawa
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:17 pm
Only trouble with this is, Loui won't be going to Utica. Should he be sent to the minors look for Jim to work out an arrangement with Jim Nill for Loui to play for the Stars' AHL affiliate in the exciting music and culture hub of Austin Texas :D
el rey del mambo
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:30 pm
Only trouble with this is, Loui won't be going to Utica. Should he be sent to the minors look for Jim to work out an arrangement with Jim Nill for Loui to play for the Stars' AHL affiliate in the exciting music and culture hub of Austin Texas :D
???
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

No way! He would love that....

No no he needs to hate where hes going enough to retire instead
If you need air...call it in
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:33 pm
???
Loui has his family stationed back in Dallas where he began his career. Look for Benning to show Loui the respect and concern for his family situation as a veteran that he would feel due him. And just remember, Sam Gagner was sent to hometown Toronto to play for the stacked powerhouse Marlies, a division rival of the Comets, despite the Comets' chronic dearth of centers. And this favor was done for no real reason other than Gagner's personal preference to bunk with his parents and wear his Maple leaves jammies in his childhood bedroom. His wife was practicing law in Vancouver.

No, I don't expect Loui will ever feel the bite of those Mohawk Valley winter winds.
el rey del mambo