2023 Draft Class

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

2023 Draft Class

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Not sure what’s in Canadian water these days but some serious Canadian talent coming down the pipeline. It looks like Vancouver’s next Hockey sensation - Connor Bedard will get a serious challenge from Ontario’s Adam Fantilli for 1st overall in 2023. Fantilli is a great looking prospect

Adam Fantilli:

https://www.tsn.ca/adam-fantilli-on-bos ... -1.1485536

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... t-his-team

Connor Bedard:

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... or-the-whl

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors ... al-player/

Wright and Savoie in 2022, Johnson in 2021, Lafrenierre, Byfield etc in 2020. All seems well in Hockey Canada. I just wish Doyle wasn’t so stressed with worry over our Nations hockey dominance on the world stage
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: 2023 Draft Class

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Jeezus 2023? I don't know that I'll even live to see some of this stuff.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:01 pm Jeezus 2023? I don't know that I'll even live to see some of this stuff.
Quit drinking like Topper did and you might be able to squeeze in an extra 2-3 years
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:26 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:01 pm Jeezus 2023? I don't know that I'll even live to see some of this stuff.
Quit drinking like Topper did and you might be able to squeeze in an extra 2-3 years
Thanks brotha. I might consider it :D
el rey del mambo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:29 pm Not sure what’s in Canadian water these days but some serious Canadian talent coming down the pipeline. It looks like Vancouver’s next Hockey sensation - Connor Bedard will get a serious challenge from Ontario’s Adam Fantilli for 1st overall in 2023. Fantilli is a great looking prospect

Adam Fantilli:

https://www.tsn.ca/adam-fantilli-on-bos ... -1.1485536

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... t-his-team

Connor Bedard:

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... or-the-whl

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors ... al-player/

Wright and Savoie in 2022, Johnson in 2021, Lafrenierre, Byfield etc in 2020. All seems well in Hockey Canada. I just can’t stand seeing Canada do well on the world stage. I cheer for the Americans.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Connor Bedard born 2005 LOL sheesh.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:53 pm Connor Bedard born 2005 LOL sheesh.
My kids 29 FFS. Even getting to him now too.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Everyone is talking about Bedard in 2023 but watch out for this Russian kid

https://twitter.com/eliteprospects/stat ... 08004?s=20
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Adam Fantilli is a year older and putting up less than a point per game in American Junior.

Connor Bedard is 15 and clipping along at almost a 2 ppg pace in the WHL.....which is known as the toughest junior league to put up big offensive numbers.

Think McDavid vs Eichel.....lots of comparisons from people, but it really wasn’t even close.

I’m not sure how these two are even comparable at this point.

Michkov might be a better comparable, however he’s also only producing at just over a point per game and it’s well known that the vast majority of Russian and European junior players dont transition well to the NHL right away. He was lethal 2 years ago, but since moving up to the next age group he’s been less of a force.....not so with Bedard.

That next generational 1st OA spot is Bedard’s to lose at this point.....and it’s not even close.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

u-18’s playing Swiss right now. Bedard just scored
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:36 pm u-18’s playing Swiss right now. Bedard just scored
I’m out and about. It’s on TSN no? I saw the highlights vs Latvia yesterday. Bedard is on the top line isn’t he? Shane Wright on the second line?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:40 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:36 pm u-18’s playing Swiss right now. Bedard just scored
I’m out and about. It’s on TSN no? I saw the highlights vs Latvia yesterday. Bedard is on the top line isn’t he? Shane Wright on the second line?
Channel 185 whatever that one is, TSN

Bedard looks like Patrick Kane clone, very stocky with that wide Kane stance. The kid is dynamic, super mature for his age

Guenther and Clark are very impressive
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

That Bedard snipe looked more like Cole Caufield.

I hope he's more Patrick Kane than Caufield.

EDIT: Hope the kid grows. His stature and skating is reminding me of Stumpy.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:55 pm That Bedard snipe looked more like Cole Caufield.

I hope he's more Patrick Kane than Caufield.

EDIT: Hope the kid grows. His stature and skating is reminding me of Stumpy.
Lol. Bedard is probably the best skater in the tournament, the puck is glued to his stick. Caufield and Hodgson are awful comparisons
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

His short, wide stature and skating "style" reminds me of Stumpy... a little choppy. I didn't say his skating was as bad.

If he's the "best" skater in the tourney, then the skating of the other players currently aren't that great. But he is only 15 right? Plenty of time for all of them to get a lot better by the time their draft happens.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!