2023 Draft Class

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2023 Draft Class

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:44 pm Good points … but Dallas might have 3 of the best 20 picks in that draft. They violated the draft The one people said sucked. They rebooted or rebuilt their team that day.
Yeah they’ve done well at the draft of late for sure. How is Thomas Harley doing?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:42 pm Bedard is going to kill it. Just hope he gets a bit taller. Otherwise the sky’s limit. At worst this is a Brad Marchand level player.

I thought Wright was going to be a great player, but this kid blows him away.
Honestly, I think he could be an exception where size doesn’t matter. I ain’t seen nuthin like it.

When the careers are finished, Bedard will be better than McJesus.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:05 pm Would you trade Quinton and Elias for the right to pick this kid in 2023?
Yes.

[edit] actually, I would trade Petey, and any other player (excluding Demko) from the roster and our 1st.. we will need Quinn to form the nucleus of the dynasty.. the bedard Kid will eclipse Sid, McJesus, and threaten at least 25-30 of Greats milestones and records.

I don’t go out on the prediction limb often, but Doc will come around and point out when I’m wrong. :lol: :D ;)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:46 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:44 pm Good points … but Dallas might have 3 of the best 20 picks in that draft. They violated the draft The one people said sucked. They rebooted or rebuilt their team that day.
Yeah they’ve done well at the draft of late for sure. How is Thomas Harley doing?
Not sure about Harley. He is playing in the show now though.

Back to their 2017 draft. I’d be curious to see if any team has harvested that much out of one draft.

Miro Heiskanen- legit # 1 D top 10-15 I the league
Jake Oettinger- on his way to being a top end goalie- future Demko?
Jason Robertson- legit top line winger. Mark Stone with speed. PPG already
Jacob Peterson - 9 goals already as a rookie likely to be a solid C/W in the middle six.

Has any other team in the last ten years or since they went to seven rounds, yanked that much talent in a single draft?

Harvest a couple of the scouts from that team already.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Bedard scored 2 goals yesterday to give him 100 WHL points.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:26 pm [
Back to their 2017 draft. I’d be curious to see if any team has harvested that much out of one draft.

Jacob Peterson - 9 goals already as a rookie likely to be a solid C/W in the middle six.

Has any other team in the last ten years or since they went to seven rounds, yanked that much talent in a single draft?

It was a great draft by Dallas, but all credit for Heiskanen goes to the lottery balls Only seems fair to keep that in mind - Dallas jumped from 8 to 3, Vancouver dropped from 2 to 5.

The scouts have to wear taking Heiskanen before Makar (and Petey, of course).
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:42 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:26 pm [

It was a great draft by Dallas, but all credit for Heiskanen goes to the lottery balls Only seems fair to keep that in mind - Dallas jumped from 8 to 3, Vancouver dropped from 2 to 5.

The scouts have to wear taking Heiskanen before Makar (and Petey, of course).
Heiskanen and Petey are a saw off. But yeah I guess Makar is the best player of that draft. Point is they grabbed three building blocks and a solid third liner out of seven picks.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Connor Bedard is now the first 16-year-old to score 40 goals in the WHL since Jeff Friesen accomplished the feat 29 years ago. 40 goals in 49 games. Still 13 games left in the season.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:02 pm Connor Bedard is now the first 16-year-old to score 40 goals in the WHL since Jeff Friesen accomplished the feat 29 years ago. 40 goals in 49 games. Still 13 games left in the season.
He's almost too good for the CHL/WHL, he should play a year in the SHL or somethin'

imagine if NCAA was like college basketball or football, Bedard would be heavily coveted with mega offers of scholarships on the best teams in the Nation.

The pride of North Van Bedard, the first player to be granted Exceptional Player Status in the WHL.

Canucks should try to get an unprotected 1st in 2023, ala Habs trade with the Panthers.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:49 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:02 pm Connor Bedard is now the first 16-year-old to score 40 goals in the WHL since Jeff Friesen accomplished the feat 29 years ago. 40 goals in 49 games. Still 13 games left in the season.
He's almost too good for the CHL/WHL, he should play a year in the SHL or somethin'

imagine if NCAA was like college basketball or football, Bedard would be heavily coveted with mega offers of scholarships on the best teams in the Nation.

The pride of North Van Bedard, the first player to be granted Exceptional Player Status in the WHL.

Canucks should try to get an unprotected 1st in 2023, ala Habs trade with the Panthers.
Yes, the North Shore has been a breeding ground of great talent - Kariya, Joe “crackers” Murphy, Chef Boi RD, Brett Hull, Morgan Reilly, Connor Bedard, Chief Dan George your uncle on and on and on
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:58 pm

Yes, the North Shore has been a breeding ground of great talent - Kariya, Joe “crackers” Murphy, Chef Boi RD, Brett Hull, Morgan Reilly, Connor Bedard, Chief Dan George your uncle on and on and on
Penticton is on the North Shore?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:04 pm

Penticton is on the North Shore?
Relax Mr. Interior
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

SKYO wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:49 pm He's almost too good for the CHL/WHL, he should play a year in the SHL or somethin'

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I’m seeing a lot of smart teams asking for picks from the unbelievable 2023 class. They are all saying “let Arizona have all the crappy 2022 picks”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Except 2022, while worse than 2023 l s not a crappy draft class. You told us the same thing over and over about 2017. It’s an average draft class. 2023 is great though. You managed to get that part right.