2023 Draft Class

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2023 Draft Class

Post by Chef Boi RD »

This WJC was void of 2023 draft prospects unfortunately but I’m assuming we will see more from this class in the near future next WJC in December. BTW I hope this is the last time we see such a tournament in August. Not a good sell
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:41 am This WJC was void of 2023 draft prospects unfortunately but I’m assuming we will see more from this class in the near future next WJC in December. BTW I hope this is the last time we see such a tournament in August. Not a good sell
Well at least they got it in. But I agree it does not sell in August in Canada. Maybe somewhere else? Maybe a good time to hold it in Europe somewhere? But this should be a one off anyway.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

6'3 winger Samuel Honzek starting out on fire with the Vancouver Giants.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/j ... ver-giants
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Conor Bedard is the real deal, he’s cleaning up the WHL leader board right now, he’s also a massive Vancouver Canucks fan, talks about his love for them often, should we make move for a lottery picking potential teams 1st rd pick this year? Trade Bo or a Brock straight up for a 2023 1st round pick? Even if we don’t land the 1st overall the 2023 top 10 rated prospects are very good and mostly centres. Can’t lose really. We get that nice cheap ELC in the top prospect as well, sign Kuzmenko.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

No team is trading a potential lottery pick for Horvat or Boeser. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Especially not a 2023 pick.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:17 am No team is trading a potential lottery pick for Horvat or Boeser. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You’re optimism is infectious.

Never say never my friend. One of those potential teams may believe they are not a lottery team and would like veteran help for a playoff push but fail. Not all the 16 lottery teams saw themselves as a lottery team at the beginning of the season. Ya see ya see paisano?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:25 am Conor Bedard is the real deal, he’s cleaning up the WHL leader board right now, he’s also a massive Vancouver Canucks fan, talks about his love for them often, should we make move for a lottery picking potential teams 1st rd pick this year? Trade Bo or a Brock straight up for a 2023 1st round pick? Even if we don’t land the 1st overall the 2023 top 10 rated prospects are very good and mostly centres. Can’t lose really. We get that nice cheap ELC in the top prospect as well, sign Kuzmenko.
Brock, Rathbone, Bo and our first for Chychrun and their first.... unprotected.
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:39 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:17 am No team is trading a potential lottery pick for Horvat or Boeser. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never say never my friend. One of those potential teams may believe they are not a lottery team and would like veteran help for a playoff push but fail. Not all the 16 lottery teams saw themselves as a lottery team at the beginning of the season. Ya see ya see paisano?
You’ve spent pages of negative spew bashing the shit out of Horvat. Now all of a sudden he’s worth a lottery pick in 2023. Boeser is coming off his worst season and looks like he skates in cement and he’s worth a 2023 lottery pick. It doesn’t make sense for a lottery team to trade its pick for either of those guys.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:30 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:39 am

You’ve spent pages of negative spew bashing the shit out of Horvat. Now all of a sudden he’s worth a lottery pick in 2023. Boeser is coming off his worst season and looks like he skates in cement and he’s worth a 2023 lottery pick. It doesn’t make sense for a lottery team to trade its pick for either of those guys.
Is Kirby Dach worth a lottery pick?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Not in the 2023 draft he isn’t. And 13th overall in a much weaker draft would be about the best one could expect back for him. Chicago cut bait on him pretty quickly. We’ll soon see if that was a good move for them and for Montreal.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:43 am Not in the 2023 draft he isn’t. And 13th overall in a much weaker draft would be about the best one could expect back for him. Chicago cut bait on him pretty quickly. We’ll soon see if that was a good move for them and for Montreal.
Dach hasn’t looked good for awhile since his wrist injury but according to you he’s worth more than Boeser whom considering with his dad dying still managed a decent season last year.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I didn’t say he was worth more than Boeser. Boeser has a much larger contract and looks to have plateaued. Dach is four years younger. May have room to improve. Personally I wouldn’t give up a top 10 pick in 2023 for Dach, Boeser or Horvat.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:13 pm I didn’t say he was worth more than Boeser. Boeser has a much larger contract and looks to have plateaued. Dach is four years younger. May have room to improve. Personally I wouldn’t give up a top 10 pick in 2023 for Dach, Boeser or Horvat.
Would you give up a pick between 10 and 20 for Horvat or Boeser?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:34 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:13 pm I didn’t say he was worth more than Boeser. Boeser has a much larger contract and looks to have plateaued. Dach is four years younger. May have room to improve. Personally I wouldn’t give up a top 10 pick in 2023 for Dach, Boeser or Horvat.
Would you give up a pick between 10 and 20 for Horvat or Boeser?
It depends on the team I guess. I value Bo ahead of Brock so if I’m Steve Yzerman with a loaded system I might give up pick 11 or 12 for a signed Horvat. Teams like Arizona, Chicago and Philly aren’t making that deal. Or the Habs either. Bo would look good in Ottawa.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Who or what would you ask from Ottawa, Vin?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!