2023 Draft Class

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2023 Draft Class

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Aaronp18 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:19 am Back to Bedard, I think he will grow a bit more. He also has a later birthdate than most in the 2023 draft being even 6 months younger than Michkov.

I think he will wind up going #1, too much uncertainty as to when the Russian will come over. Plus he may not be permitted on flights any time soon :wink:

Lots of good talent in WHL as well, should be fun to watch the next year or so.
Keep an eye out for Canadian Fantilli playing in the USHL, he’s tearing up the USHL and already has a power forward body. Calum Ritchie in the OHL is making hay as well as Yager in the WHL who actually has more points than Bedard, but the one super talent people are talking about now is Dvorsky. Definitely a great draft class for sure. I agree about Michkov, that long term contract he signed is concerning
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It has to be concerning to the Chef that so many Canadian kids are looking good for the 2023 draft.

And BTW Shane Wright was lights out at the last U18 championships.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:12 pm It has to be concerning to the Chef that so many Canadian kids are looking good for the 2023 draft.

And BTW Shane Wright was lights out at the last U18 championships.
But ole Shaner was struggling before they shut this years WJCs down not to mention he’s been struggling in the OHL this season. It’s concerning but I am hopeful.But I must say, Im near damn ready to give up on Lafrenierre, I was hoping for at least Huberdeau like levels out of him but that now looks like a long shot
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lafreniere just turned 20. Huberdeau went back to Junior for a year, then had two pedestrian seasons. In his 21 turning 22 year old season, he got 54 points. Patience, Grasshopper.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:05 am Lafreniere just turned 20. Huberdeau went back to Junior for a year, then had two pedestrian seasons. In his 21 turning 22 year old season, he got 54 points. Patience, Grasshopper.
I know, Jabrone. I’m just keeping you on your toes
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It must be time for a 2023 re-draft by now. :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Anyone see Bedards goal he scored today. The kids skill is cheeky
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:40 pm Anyone see Bedards goal he scored today. The kids skill is cheeky
You sparked my interest, so I looked: Even has the celebration down too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ7fiX7TYwI
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bedard is catching fire lately. On a torrid scoring pace. The kid has got velvety hands, combined with the opportunistic hunting capabilities of a black panther in the Congo and an intellect that your Jake Virtanen’s has no capability nor capacity nor comprehension to understanding. Do not give this kid an inch, he will steal a mile

Did I tell you I’m drafting him 1st overall in 2023?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:28 am Bedard is catching fire lately. On a torrid scoring pace. The kid has got velvety hands, combined with the opportunistic hunting capabilities of a black panther in the Congo and an intellect that your Jake Virtanen’s has no capability nor capacity nor comprehension to understanding. Do not give this kid an inch, he will steal a mile

Did I tell you I’m drafting him 1st overall in 2023?
Are you related to Gomer107?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey Vin Tanner, I’m trying to decide on whether I should call you Dan Tanner (Sagets character in Full House) or Dan Tanna (Robert Urich’s character from Vegas). Preference?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:53 pm Saget was hilarious. Saw him in Vegas years ago. Brilliant and edgy comedian :(
There's your answer Dude.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:26 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:53 pm Saget was hilarious. Saw him in Vegas years ago. Brilliant and edgy comedian :(
There's your answer Dude.
Dan Tanner it is Doc! Thanks! To think of it, Vin is a bit of a Bob Saget type
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bedard with the hattrick last night, the kid is on fire. Look out!! Who drafts him in 2023? Buffalo? Ottawa? Arizona?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:51 am Some serious challengers for Conor Bedard, it’s a very deep class at the top end. Personally I think Michkov who goes first, the next coming out of Russia Hockey but Slovakian Dvorsky is a beaut as well as Canadians Fantilli, Yager and Heigt. Yager is having a very good start in the WHL, much better than Bedard. Fantilli could end up being the best Canadian. Bedard needs to pick it up, he’s stinking it up worst than Cuz’s wooly socks.
:)