2019-20 NHL Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: 2019-20 NHL Playoffs

Post by Hockey Widow »

So players hide injuries all the time from team doctors, just so they can play. Do you really think a player with a headache, or sore throat, or a little congested is going to disclose? Teams can hide shit too. They need to test twice a day and do the antibody test too. I mean look how the media tried to hide Matthews positive test.
The only HW the Canucks need
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:48 pm Do you mean the play ins?
Yeah, I just made up my own term for them. Why not, I was bored.
el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:51 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:48 pm Do you mean the play ins?
Yeah, I just made up my own term for them. Why not, I was bored.
I accept it. From here in it shall be- The Play Downs
If you need air...call it in
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:49 pm So players hide injuries all the time from team doctors, just so they can play. Do you really think a player with a headache, or sore throat, or a little congested is going to disclose? Teams can hide shit too. They need to test twice a day and do the antibody test too. I mean look how the media tried to hide Matthews positive test.
Sure, why wouldn't there be some of that. If you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin' is what they always say.

Steve Simmons has kinda ruined Toronto's chances of sneaking Matthews in though, which is tough luck for them :D
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ian Oland 8 Comments --July 5, 2020 9:38 pm. .https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2 ... ermission/
TSN’s Bob McKenzie is reporting that the NHL and NHLPA have struck a deal on Phase 3 and Phase 4 return-to-play protocols, paving the way for a possible resumption of the season with a 24-team playoff beginning in early August. The NHL and NHLPA continue to negotiate terms to a new six-year CBA.
Memo of Understanding (MOU)

Bob McKenzie
NHL and NHLPA have finalized tentative agreement on RTP Phase 3/4 protocols but are continuing to work on finalizing the details of the CBA MOU.
4:38 PM · Jul 5, 2020:
-
The entire package — RTP and CBA — will need to be ratified by NHLPA executive committee and then a full membership vote but no ratification will take place until the CBA MOU is complete. Also will require ratification by NHL Board of Governors.
@TSNBobMcKenzie
-
The Phase 3/4 RTP protocol is a 40-page document. Some of the details are as follows: A limit of 30 skaters in Phase 3 with an unlimited number of goalies; Only players eligible to play 2019-20 resumption permitted to skate in Phase 3;
@TSNBobMcKenzie
-
Any player may opt out of Phase 3 and Phase 4 without penalty of any kind, but must make that decision and notify his club in writing by no later than 5 p.m. ET on July 7; Each of the 24 NHL clubs in Phase 3/4 must submit list of participating players by no later than July 9.
@TSNBobMcKenzie
-
There is a detailed breakdown of players returning to their home cities and what the quarantine requirements, ranging from 14 days to 7 days, depending on a myriad of circumstances that include mode of transportation, where they are coming from and testing
@TSNBobMcKenzie
-
BTW, the dates listed here are subject to change for obvious reasons (ratification etc) but these are the dates currently outlined in the document that has been sent to players tonight.
@TSNBobMcKenzie
-
There is obviously a large section on testing, that includes all players and club personnel being tested 48 hours prior to any individual returning to club training facilities and on an every other day basis after that, with all results being available with 24 hours.
@TSNBobMcKenzie
-
If the test result is unavailable within the 24-hour period, the individual is not permitted to remain in club training facilities until such time that the test comes back negative.
@TSNBobMcKenzie
-
There will be daily temperature and symptom checks for individuals at home (less than two hours before going to the training facility) and upon entry to the training facility.
@TSNBobMcKenzie
-
All players who haven’t already had it as part of Phase 2 will undergo a Pre-Participation Medical Examination (PPME) prior to any Phase 3 activities but after any required quarantine period has been served.
@TSNBobMcKenzie
-
Here’s an interesting clause: “Players who, after consultation with Club doctor who conducted PPME, and the Club’s infectious disease expert, are determined to be at substantial risk of developing a serious illness as a result of exposure to the novel coronavirus......shall be deemed to be unfit to play and shall not be permitted to participate in either Phase 3 or Phase 4. A player may initiate a second opinion concerning his fitness to play status pursuant to Paragraph 5 of the Standard Player Contract.”
@TSNBobMcKenzie
-
If a player develops symptoms, or anyone in the player’s household, he shall immediately notify the club medical staff, self-isolate and, if deemed appropriate, go through testing protocols.
@TSNBobMcKenzie
-
Any player who tests positive for COVID-19 or has a resulting or related illness will be deemed “unfit to play” and it will be an illness arising out of his employment as a hockey player and treated as a hockey-related injury for all purposes under the CBA.
@TSNBobMcKenzie
-
Another clause: “Absent prior approval by the League (who shall consult with the NHLPA), there shall be no disclosure by the Club to the media or to the public of information relating to a positive test result or to a person developing COVID-19 symptoms during Phase 3.”
@TSNBobMcKenzie
-
Players participating in Phase 3 are not permitted to work out or skate at any public facility. No fitness testing of players by clubs will be permitted during Phase 3. Permitted Phase 3 activities include all on/off-ice sessions with coaches, traditional training camp activities
Face coverings are required for all individuals who enter a club training facility for Phase 3. Where social distancing cannot be maintained within the facility, face coverings are required other than when player is exercising or on the ice.
the end...
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Frank Seravalli@frank_seravalli
The number of people scheduled to be tested daily in #NHL bubble is incredible. List includes: any player/coach/staff member, officials, ice crew, security, hotel bartenders, food service staff, arena food and beverage, hotel housekeeping, hotel kitchen staff, transportation.
6:36 PM · Jul 5, 2020·
I could think of a few funny comments but nah.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

FWIW; 23 returning players test positive so far. press the statement to enlarge.

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/12801 ... 71/photo/1

Sorry, I hate this stuff. I guess it aint that bad. It's all bad though Damn it .
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Bob McKenzie
NHL on-ice officials getting their assignments for RTP and Hub cities.
press link
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Training camp starts next Monday and they are expected to travel to the bubble of phase 4 on the 26th. This is the protocol for phase 3:

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/asset ... e/file.pdf ..warning, very long.

-Players have to practice strict self-distancing and wear masks outside of the facilities too. They are asked to stay at home as much as possible the final week before travelling to the bubble and restrict their social circle to those who live in the same household.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jason Kay@JKTHN
An Edmonton hospital has effectively shut its doors to the public due to a full-facility COVID outbreak, according to reports.
@NHL
deputy commissioner Bill Daly says "at this point" he doesn't expect the outbreak to impact the league's hub city announcement.
12:04 PM · Jul 8, 2020
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Frank Seravalli posted the tentative NHL return to play schedule:

Frank Seravalli
@frank_seravalli

#NHL tentative RTP schedule:

Bell July 24: Travel to hubs
Bell July 25: Exhibition games
Bell July 30: Qualif. round begins
Bell Aug. 9: First round of playoffs begins
Bell Aug. 23: Second round begins
Bell Sept. 6: Conf Finals begin
Bell Sept. 20: SCF begins
Bell Oct. 2: Last poss. game of SCF
https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/sta ... 75138?s=20
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

These will be the playoff officials:

el rey del mambo
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Micky wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:55 am
The number of people scheduled to be tested daily in #NHL bubble is incredible. List includes: any player/coach/staff member, officials, ice crew, security, hotel bartenders, food service staff, arena food and beverage, hotel housekeeping, hotel kitchen staff, transportation.
I barely recognize this league any more. Where are the strippers and puck bunnies. They should be tested too.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Tciso wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:37 pm
I barely recognize this league any more. Where are the strippers and puck bunnies. They should be tested too.
Yep. And they should probably test them for covid while they're at it.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:27 pm
Tciso wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:37 pm
Yep. And they should probably test them for covid while they're at it.
I know I wouldn't have a problem with testing . Just seems like the right thing to do.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

No surprise...

Elliotte:
Hearing both NHL and NHLPA have voted to accept CBA/Return to Play protocols.
:rockin:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.