2019-20 NHL Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019-20 NHL Playoffs

Post by Mickey107 »

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC
The NHL Playoffs will not be bracketed, but re-seeded after every round. Qualifying will be best-of-five. All other rounds will be best-of-seven.
10:54 AM · Jun 4, 2020
So if we win, we wouldn't necessarily play Colorado.
"evolution"
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

If? WTF!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

It would be sweet to meet one the alberian teams...the coilers would be my choice. Its been so long since we hated them
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:11 pm If? WTF!
Image Thanls. I needed that...what was I thinking?
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Ken Campbell:
The players on the Return-to-Play Committee had the option of truncating the playoffs, but instead chose to play four seven-game series. That speaks to their commitment to the good of the game and the integrity of the Stanley Cup tournament

With the news that all four of the playoff series after the best-of-five play-ins will be best-of-seven affairs and that teams will be reseeded after each round, any conception that this year’s Stanley Cup tournament is compromised or lacks integrity has to be smashed.

If anything, it’s probably going to be more difficult to win a championship than ever before.

If you’re a play-in team, you’re going to have to win 19 games to win a Stanley Cup and if you’re a top-four team, you’ll have to win 16 games and play three additional round-robin games.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... cup-champs
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

I'm curious as to how the testing will affect the playoffs - if a player tests positive on a team, will that whole team forfeit? Or will they pause that match up until further testing is completed? Or will they simply remove that one player?

I know injuries are always an issue for teams in the playoffs (I clearly remember 2011... LOL). But imagine if Nate McKinnon, Marky or Connor McJesus test positive and are forced out. 14 days after symptoms subside they can return? That round will be long over when they can get back.

Just wondering, because all of this talk of a "compromised" playoff format etc. Lots of variable to consider.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:36 am
Per wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:30 am
SKYO wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:40 am 5 Matchups that Matter: Canucks vs. Wild
And who has the edge overall? We break it down.

https://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2020/6/ ... esota-wild
"... without further adieu ..." :evil:

Illitterate morons! :evil:

It's "without further ado". Adieu is French for goodbye or farewell. Literally means "to God".
You want to say "without messing around any more", "without beating around the bush anymore", so it's ado.

"Without further goodbye" WTF? :evil:

Ruined the whole article for me. :(
Well this thread took a delightful and crazy turn.
"Its a bold strategy Cotton, lets see if it pays off for him!"
:lol:

Per is more OCD than I am...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:35 am
Per wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:53 am As Canadians I'm sure you also know that bleu is not pronounced like blue.

Adieu rhymes with bleu, not blue, so it doesn't even sound like ado. :mad:

It's more like ad-yer.
Very interesting, but how does one pronounce "Hammarscrotum?" Is it Ham-MAR-scrotum, or HAM-mar-SCRO-tum?

EDIT: Just noticed, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PER!! :cheers:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

NEW YORK (June 4, 2020) – The National Hockey League announced today more details of its playoff format for the 2019-20 Return To Play Plan
https://media.nhl.com/public/news/14004

--

Lebrun:
Phase 2 (small group workouts) will begin next week, source confirms. NHL teams will be allowed to open their training facilities per the Phase 2 protocols. Mind you not all clubs will be in a position to open right away. I don’t think all teams will open facilities right away
Last edited by SKYO on Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I just gotta say that I haven't missed watching sports all that much. At first I did a bit, but I doubt I'll tune in overly often to the playoffs this year since it's gonna be summer, and frankly I have better things to do.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:16 pm frankly I have better things to do.
Like fuck! :lol:

And hey this is Canada eh?
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:10 pm I'm curious as to how the testing will affect the playoffs - if a player tests positive on a team, will that whole team forfeit? Or will they pause that match up until further testing is completed? Or will they simply remove that one player?

I know injuries are always an issue for teams in the playoffs (I clearly remember 2011... LOL). But imagine if Nate McKinnon, Marky or Connor McJesus test positive and are forced out. 14 days after symptoms subside they can return? That round will be long over when they can get back.

Just wondering, because all of this talk of a "compromised" playoff format etc. Lots of variable to consider.
Have they addressed this?

What happens to the rest of the team? Q Tips up the nose?

If you are infected at work they test everyone and if there is a larger number of people infected they can close you down. What about a team and 2 - 3 guys are tested positive? It is a no win situation.

I can see why they do not want to start the season until Jan of next year, probably hoping a vaccine will be available.

Freaking crazy times we live in.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:53 am Have they addressed this?

What happens to the rest of the team? Q Tips up the nose?

If you are infected at work they test everyone and if there is a larger number of people infected they can close you down. What about a team and 2 - 3 guys are tested positive? It is a no win situation.

I can see why they do not want to start the season until Jan of next year, probably hoping a vaccine will be available.

Freaking crazy times we live in.
I heard one positive test will not shut down a team, they will isolate the infected, test everyone, possibly delay game/practice until results are back. It shuld be manageable.
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:10 pm But imagine if Nate McKinnon, Marky or Connor McJesus test positive and are forced out. 14 days after symptoms subside they can return? That round will be long over when they can get back.
How do we get that guy that gave Ben Johnson the roids-tainted beer in the testing room to work in the Avalanche's dressing room? :drink:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ESQ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:54 am How do we get that guy that gave Ben Johnson the roids-tainted beer in the testing room to work in the Avalanche's dressing room? :drink:

Ya really. We've tried fpr over 50 years to win one the right way...I'll take a less than honourably acquired cup at this stage.
If you need air...call it in
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

ESQ wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:54 am I heard one positive test will not shut down a team, they will isolate the infected, test everyone, possibly delay game/practice until results are back. It shuld be manageable.
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:10 pm But imagine if Nate McKinnon, Marky or Connor McJesus test positive and are forced out. 14 days after symptoms subside they can return? That round will be long over when they can get back.
How do we get that guy that gave Ben Johnson the roids-tainted beer in the testing room to work in the Avalanche's dressing room? :drink:
I'm just learning my way into becoming a conspiracy theorist (mostly because it seem like an easy way to stop looking for answers, and it beats becoming a god-fearing man (no offense SL)).

I wonder if this is a reason the NHL hasn't announced the hub locations yet - so that crazies from different fan bases don't show up before the NHL players from said fan bases' hated rivals - and start sneezing/coughing on everything in sight.

LOL - stupid shit aside - I really am having a hard time figuring out how they are going to keep all these people healthy/safe. So many interactions, from the food they eat, to the hotel's cleaning staff etc. It just seems inevitable that some players/staff are going to get sick - and "compromise" these playoffs.