2021 Draft Class

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: 2021 Draft Class

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:52 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:26 am
2Fingers wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:26 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:32 am
Ive got those lined croc things now. Absolute game changer. Anyone who hasnt discovered these things is blindly hobbling along like a footbound japanese concubine
Japanese?
Yeah the women used to bind their feet to keep them dainty.
I think Reef's questioning the country - since foot binding was a Chinese custom (not Japanese). We strive for 100% accuracy on all posts here at the Corner.
I just got my shit googled in....esai
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:17 am I just got my shit googled in....esai
Hey is that like a birthmark man?

____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

:lol:

Wanna get high....wanna get high?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Look, Straw; Thoughts?

"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Ive got those lined croc things now. Absolute game changer. Anyone who hasnt discovered these things is blindly hobbling along like a footbound japanese concubine
Japanese?
I think Reef's questioning the country - since foot binding was a Chinese custom (not Japanese). We strive for 100% accuracy on all posts here at the Corner.
I'm sorry boss. That wasn't up to Corner standard.

I'll do better in the future.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:17 am
Japanese?
I just got my shit googled in....esai
I hope we're not being sent down to the minors over this...
el rey del mambo
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:29 pm I hope we're not being sent down to the minors over this...
I'm not like coach Green.... I allow the rare error. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Sportsnetd latest top 10 ranking by Sam Constentino

1. Power
2. Berniers
3. Hughes
4. Guenther
5. Johnson
6. Edvinsson
7. Clarke
8. Lucius
9. Eklund
10. Sillinger

Looks like Sillinger and Eklund are gearing up to be where the Canucks could be drafting. I’d go with the Swede
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Reading the scouting reports on Eklund, he sounds like Hoglander. Do we need two of them? Sillinger's skating makes me think he could be the Vilardi of his draft year, ie-why waste a pick on him?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Edvinsson or Clarke. Those are my picks
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I like Eklund. Don’t like Sillinger

My choices around where we’d be picking is Eklund, Clarke or Edvinsson

Johnson and Guenther are putting up good numbers and I think they go high in the top 10 ahead of Clarke and Edvinsson although every team is always looking to bolster their defence
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Read the scouting on Eklund. There is a lot to like about this kid. It would be huge if he landed in our lap at the draft

https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2021-nh ... am-eklund/
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Right now I think the Canucks would be picking 7th, assuming they didn’t fall in the draft lottery.

However, with them having to play 19 games in 31 days, I wouldn’t be surprised if they fall to bottom 3 in the standings. Looking at the standings right now, only Buffalo is out of reach IMO.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

theman wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:37 pm Right now I think the Canucks would be picking 7th, assuming they didn’t fall in the draft lottery.

However, with them having to play 19 games in 31 days, I wouldn’t be surprised if they fall to bottom 3 in the standings. Looking at the standings right now, only Buffalo is out of reach IMO.
It’s going to be anywhere from 5th to 11th. New Jersey (34 points) is the only team behind us capable of catching us and they hold 5th and the current 12th place team (Chicago) has 43 points and we ain’t catching them, we have 35 points. Dallas has 40 points and are catchable. Detroit is 4th worse with 34 points same as New Jersey but we have 6 games in hand on them, they ain’t passing us. Anaheim holds 3rd worse with 31 points but we have 5 games in hand on them so we ain’t catching them

Don’t count the Canucks out as playing well over the final 19 games. There is something to be said about being well rested.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:23 pm
theman wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:37 pm Right now I think the Canucks would be picking 7th, assuming they didn’t fall in the draft lottery.

It’s going to be anywhere from 5th to 11th. New Jersey (34 points) is the only team behind us capable of catching us and they hold 5th and the current 12th place team (Chicago) has 43 points and we ain’t catching them, we have 35 points. Dallas has 40 points and are catchable. Detroit is 4th worse with 34 points same as New Jersey but we have 6 games in hand on them, they ain’t passing us. Anaheim holds 3rd worse with 31 points but we have 5 games in hand on them so we ain’t catching them

Don’t count the Canucks out as playing well over the final 19 games. There is something to be said about being well rested.
Seattle picks third correct?