Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond 2020/21

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond 2020/21

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:06 pm Take him over Jake right now, Mr Lonely. Take "Your" crayons and shove em, hom
Micky wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:06 pm hom
:look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:45 pm
First off, you were in no way, shape, or form posting a joke about replacing Jake with a guy who couldn’t stick in the AHL. You are simply moving your message goalposts to avoid looking like an idiot.
Bull shit, liar. [Give it up MCP... the make him an offer gif was in tongue and cheek more then anything, though he is having a career year. Be a cool story. :hmmm: ] In case you forgot.
Second, I am not defending Jake. He needs to play better. I think he is one of many players in the league having trouble adjusting from a high roller on the road to being quarantined in every city your in.
Oh, dribble, dribble! What a pile of pinko crap! High roller on the road >>>>> :lol: :lol: :lol: He's in the same situation as every other player, boo hoo.
Third, the only people who have speculated that Jake is not liked and respected by his teammates is the media, and the people who lap that shirt up like kittens drinking milk. Sure, Him and Bo had words one practice but that’s just good leadership from Bo, it doesn’t represent any long lasting feud. The media blew his pre COVID beers with the boys out of proportion, and they followed up their created narrative with escalation the words at practice.. we had a scrap on the team in training camp this year, and that’s never mentioned anymore- simply because Jake wasn’t involved. If he had bee, it would be leading the media sharks like the chum guzzlers they are.
Put your spectacles on an watch the bench. Watch the celebrations after a goal. You are the one being sucked in by the media.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:54 pm
Why do we want a player who is 27 and has never broken into the NHL?

You understand that if they are that old and not playing here it’s because of 2 things:

A) they are not good enough.

B) they don’t want to be here.
And then there are C) Late bloomers...

I don’t see any harm in inviting him to camp on a try out contract.

If there are others team offering better than that... well... not sure. :|
But he is a free agent, so no need to give anything up to bring him over for a look.
Last edited by Per on Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:05 pm Oh, dribble, dribble!
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f4b7f80e-e ... 2435d31860
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:51 pm
LOL :lol:
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:05 pm
First off, you were in no way, shape, or form posting a joke about replacing Jake with a guy who couldn’t stick in the AHL. You are simply moving your message goalposts to avoid looking like an idiot.
Bull shit, liar. [Give it up MCP... the make him an offer gif was in tongue and cheek more then anything, though he is having a career year. Be a cool story. :hmmm: ] In case you forgot.
Second, I am not defending Jake. He needs to play better. I think he is one of many players in the league having trouble adjusting from a high roller on the road to being quarantined in every city your in.
Oh, dribble, dribble! What a pile of pinko crap! High roller on the road >>>>> :lol: :lol: :lol: He's in the same situation as every other player, boo hoo.
Third, the only people who have speculated that Jake is not liked and respected by his teammates is the media, and the people who lap that shirt up like kittens drinking milk. Sure, Him and Bo had words one practice but that’s just good leadership from Bo, it doesn’t represent any long lasting feud. The media blew his pre COVID beers with the boys out of proportion, and they followed up their created narrative with escalation the words at practice.. we had a scrap on the team in training camp this year, and that’s never mentioned anymore- simply because Jake wasn’t involved. If he had bee, it would be leading the media sharks like the chum guzzlers they are.
Put your spectacles on an watch the bench. Watch the celebrations after a goal. You are the one being sucked in by the media.
Lol. Your quoting yourself from 1st post (where you started your bullshit) to 4th post (where you back pedalled and moved the goal posts). Thanks for proving your a bullshitting liar... AGAIN. Makes my job easier.

regarding Jake, your the guy hammering on him saying (in other threads) of what a party boy he is, etc. Yes, all the players are in the same situation, but they don’t handle it all the same and it can affect their play (I get you don’t understand ‘mental state’ very well). Did you not read what I said, or your comprehension skills that lacking?!? — perhaps this is just another case of you deflecting and diverting because your still backpedaling from the steaming pile of bullshit you laid down to start with?

As to watching goal celly on the bench, what does a 1/2 second clip signify without watching (and hearing) the bench ALL the time?!? I don’t let media clips determine my opinions. Dig a little deeper and be open for the truth. The 2 guys who scrapped at practice act the same as everyone else in those little fly bys, just like Jake. Try developing a little critical thinking.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:25 am
Dig a little deeper and be open for the truth. The 2 guys who scrapped at practice act the same as everyone else in those little fly bys, just like Jake. Try developing a little critical thinking.
The sooner Virtanen is off this team, the better. Why are you so defensive, even protective of him? Birds of a feather? :oops:

He's every bit as detrimental to this roster as Eriksson. More than Sutter, Beagle, Roussel, the list goes on. I'd take Baertchi over Jake right now.

I regards to your constant attempts to throw insults and disparage me, go fuck a piece of moving machinery. Actually; never mind, It's obvious you already have. You squeal just like a squirrel after it's been sh.........
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:59 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:51 pm
LOL :lol:
Ummm the character in the movie was mistaking "dribble" for "drivel"

... were you?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:58 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:25 am
You squeal just like a squirrel after it's been sh.........
"shot"? :hmmm:

(interestingly you listed "Shooting squrrels" (sic) as one of your Interests in your profile)

Micky wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:44 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:21 pm
... still waiting!! :D
careful, your not getting any younger. no-one wants you to kick off.
:hmmm:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

JT Brown has been a great addition to Björklöven.

10 points (5+5) in his first eleven games, and that is after not having played hockey for eleven months, and not having had much time to adjust to the bigger rink size and a different system. Fantastic tape to tape passes, wins almost every battle along the rink, does a great job in front of the crease - I think four of those goals are tip-ins. And some sandpaper to boot! :thumbs:

I know he is relatively tiny for an NHLer, and that he has spent most of his career on the fourth line, but I'm still amazed he had no offers anywhere, not even from the AHL.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The regular season of Hockeyallsvenskan ended about a week ago, and we're now in the playoffs.

Linus Karlsson had a great season with Karlskoga.
51 points (20G 31A) in 52 games leaves him in 8th place in scoring in the league and second best on his team.

Sure, he trails behind Jonathan Dahlén in first place with 71 points (25G 46A) in 45 games, but I think Linus Karlsson may be a more well rounded player. Dahlén is an offence first, offence second, defence? what do you mean defence? never heard of it kind of guy, whereas Linus does his backchecking duties as well.

Anyway, we're at the quarter finals now, which are played in a best out of five format. Semi finals and final will be best out of seven.

Timrå vs AIK 1-1
Timrå - AIK 5-1
Timrå - AIK 1-2
AIK - Timrå (Friday)
AIK - Timrå (Sunday)
Timrå - AIK (Tuesday)

Karlskoga vs Västerås 1-0
Karlskoga - Västerås 4-2
Karlskoga - Västerås (tonight)
Västerås - Karlskoga (Saturday)
Västerås - Karlskoga (Monday)
Karlskoga - Västerås (Wednesday)

Björklöven vs Mora 1-1
Björklöven - Mora 3-4 (ot)
Björklöven - Mora 4-3 (ot)
Mora - Björklöven (Friday)
Mora - Björklöven (Sunday)
Björklöven - Mora (Tuesday)

Södertälje vs Västervik 1-0
Södertälje - Västervik 4-2
Södertälje - Västervik (tonight)
Västervik - Södertälje (Saturday)
Västervik - Södertälje (Monday)
Södertälje - Västervik (Wednesday)

Most people believe Timrå and Björklöven will square off in the final, with the winner then being promoted to the SHL, but both teams have given up games already, so you never know.

Björklöven's game last night was a true playoff game. Intense and with a lot of aggressiveness from both teams. Even had a real fight early in the fourth period, but a lot of face washes, and minor scuffles before that as well.
Björklöven was by far the better team, winning the shots 45-21, but Mora has a lethal powerplay and are quite good at quick turnovers, so despite being hemmed in in their own zone most of the game and only mustering three shots in the third period they took the game to overtime, after having stolen the first game.

In the first game Björklöven were too cocky, I think, getting an erly 2-0 lead and then taking the foot off the pedal, resulting in Mora being able to tie the game and then win in ot. Frankly, in that game Mora were the better team over 60 minutes, despite Björklöven having a far better team on paper. Effort beats skill, I guess. But now after having won the second game, I think they will not let Mora back in again. Now they know what it takes. The fight early in the fourth was a tactical one too... Basically one of our thirdliners taking on one of their best wingers... Excellent trade getting both players thrown from the game... :lol: Especially since Björklöven has far better depth. 8-)

Mora is playing really good though, and I give credit to former Canuck Johan Moose Hedberg, who is their head coach. He seems to really be able to get the most out of the guys he has on the team. It's also notable to see that almost every shot they fire at Kevin Poulin is over his shoulder. It's to the point where I mutter that he should just stand straight, and all their shots will go over the goal... :lol:

I assume that Moose being a goalie himself has scouted Kevin and pointed out his weaknesses.
But now we know what they do, so that should be fixed till next game. I hope.

Oh, and Linus had an assist on the first goal in Karlskoga's 4-2 win in the first game of their QF.

Highlights from Björklöven vs Mora: https://www.hockeyallsvenskan.se/play/v ... autoplay=1

Highlights from Karlskoga vs Västerås: https://www.hockeyallsvenskan.se/play/v ... autoplay=1
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Was it Hedberg who wisely bought a house on Point Grey Road during his brief stint here, and kept it to rent to other NHLers?

Dude probably made more money on that house than he did playing hockey.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

A goal and an assist for Linus tonight as Karlskoga won the second game of their QF 5-4.

That’s a total of 3 points in 2 playoff games so far. :thumbs:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Per wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:37 am
51 points (20G 31A) in 52 games leaves him in 8th place in scoring in the league and second best on his team.
All of a sudden getting noteworthy. Still listed at 179lbs though. Only 22. Interesting.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:15 pm
Per wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:37 am
All of a sudden getting noteworthy. Still listed at 179lbs though. Only 22. Interesting.
Dobbers has him listed at 190 and NHL.com at 187, so who knows...
____
Try to focus on someday.