Past Canuck Players

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5286
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: On wide shoulders...

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by Carl Yagro »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:20 pm
ESQ wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:45 pm Jimmy had to trade Guddy to clear the captaincy for No.
No Bo's hockey
Heard rumours were that slack-jawed Travis was jealous of Guddy's powerful, granite chin and forced GMJB to move his foundation elsewhere.
Try to focus on THIS year... again
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 14877
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Carl Yagro wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:35 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:20 pm
ESQ wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:45 pm Jimmy had to trade Guddy to clear the captaincy for No.
No Bo's hockey
Heard rumours were that slack-jawed Travis was jealous of Guddy's powerful, granite chin and forced GMJB to move his foundation elsewhere.
I heard the Travis's are going to cash him ouside after the show and double team that granite chin with a kango
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3811
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Look at this beautiful color photo of the '62-63 edition of the Canucks in the classic Johnny Canuck jersey they wore that season. Still the best version of the Canucks sweater to this day imho:

Image

Gilles Villemure (1), Phil Maloney (8), Max McNab, Howie Hughes (15), Bob Kabel (18), Larry Popien (7), Bob McCusker (6), Buddy Boone (14),Ron Matthews (4), Ron Hutchinson (12), Al LeBrun (5), Adam Keller (2), Les Hunt (3), Marty Howe (17), Trent Beatty (16).

https://www.facebook.com/OldWHL/photos/ ... 996518613/
el rey del mambo
User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3811
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The '69-70 edition of the Canucks were not only repeat WHL league champions but players like John Arbour, Brad Selwood and Doug Dunville had some of the finest sideburns in all of hockey:


Image
el rey del mambo
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 12557
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by SKYO »

ol' Bertuzzi got caught DUI in Michigan.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/01/todd-ber ... k-driving/
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 15880
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by Micky »

Guess he wont be on the morning show on 650am tomorrow morning. What a dummy.
"evolution"
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4745
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:14 am Guess he wont be on the morning show on 650am tomorrow morning. What a dummy.
Mick, why is it ok for you to call people names, but nobody can call you names?

is it because you have a weak ego?
or you have low self confidence?
perhaps you feel no self worth?
perhaps you have repressed emotions causing you conflict with your sexuality?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 15880
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by Micky »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:52 am
Micky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:14 am Guess he wont be on the morning show on 650am tomorrow morning. What a dummy.
Mick, why is it ok for you to call people names, but nobody can call you names?

is it because you have a weak ego?
or you have low self confidence?
perhaps you feel no self worth?
perhaps you have repressed emotions causing you conflict with your sexuality?
^^^^^this fluff is exactly what a weak ego looks like. Once again; All these posts with the same theme are being forwarded.
"evolution"
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4745
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:12 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:52 am
Micky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:14 am Guess he wont be on the morning show on 650am tomorrow morning. What a dummy.
Mick, why is it ok for you to call people names, but nobody can call you names?

is it because you have a weak ego?
or you have low self confidence?
perhaps you feel no self worth?
perhaps you have repressed emotions causing you conflict with your sexuality?
^^^^^this fluff is exactly what a weak ego looks like. Once again; All these posts with the same theme are being forwarded.

can you forward the one where you said "pin people on the PK" is a good form of defence?? THAT was pure hockey genius right there!

(might take a while to find it in the 15 THOUSAND posts you make!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 29932
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:12 am All these posts with the same theme are being forwarded.
To whom are you forwarding these post Micky?

And to what end?
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2931
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Why Cliffy Ronning was the best player in the EA NHL 94 video game. :P

https://kotaku.com/how-a-hockey-journey ... m=referral

Cliffy will also be in the new Mighty Ducks series. :)

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canu ... es-3570515
User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3811
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

SKYO wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:07 am ol' Bertuzzi got caught DUI in Michigan.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/01/todd-ber ... k-driving/
I guess it is what it is ;)

"The AHPD says his arrest followed a report that a vehicle was "swerving all over the road" in the northbound lanes of Interstate 75, north of M-95.

Officers said a witness had called 911 to report what they suspected was a drunk driver.

Local police said they identified a 2020 black Lincoln Navigator as being the vehicle associated with the call. They said they saw the driver leave the freeway onto Joslyn Road in the city of Auburn Hills.

Officers alleged the driver stopped at a flashing yellow light, then later "disregarded a solid red light" at another intersection.

The driver was then pulled over, according to police.

Police said that driver was identified as Bertuzzi, 46, who was the only one in the vehicle at the time.

Bertuzzi, who they said lives in the nearby community of Lake Orion, was allegedly intoxicated at the time, police said in a statement.

"Mr. Bertuzzi failed roadside field sobriety evaluations and was subsequently arrested for operating while intoxicated," officers said.

It is alleged that Bertuzzi then refused a breathalyzer when taken to the police station.

Officers said they obtained a search warrant for a blood test, and he was kept in jail for 12 hours, pending results of the test.

"The toxicology results from the Michigan State Police lab showed Mr. Bertuzzi's blood alcohol content was .25 per cent," the Auburn Hills Police Department said.

Since that time, the case was reviewed by the Auburn Hills city attorney and one charge has been approved.

Police said Bertuzzi was charged with operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated with a high blood-alcohol content. The allegation has not been proven in court.

He was arraigned late last week, and a personal bond of $3,000 was issued, police say.

He's due to appear in court again on May 11."

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/impaired-driving- ... michigan-1
el rey del mambo
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 12557
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by SKYO »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:36 am
SKYO wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:07 am ol' Bertuzzi got caught DUI in Michigan.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/01/todd-ber ... k-driving/
Police said that driver was identified as Bertuzzi, 46, who was the only one in the vehicle at the time.

Police said Bertuzzi was charged with operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated with a high blood-alcohol content.
He must drink a lot, 46? lookin' like 56.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 14877
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:23 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:36 am
SKYO wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:07 am ol' Bertuzzi got caught DUI in Michigan.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/01/todd-ber ... k-driving/
Police said that driver was identified as Bertuzzi, 46, who was the only one in the vehicle at the time.

Police said Bertuzzi was charged with operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated with a high blood-alcohol content.
He must drink a lot, 46? lookin' like 56.
Just fuckin hammered, stopping at yellows but rollin the reds

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 15880
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by Micky »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:36 am
SKYO wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:23 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:36 am
SKYO wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:07 am ol' Bertuzzi got caught DUI in Michigan.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/01/todd-ber ... k-driving/
Police said that driver was identified as Bertuzzi, 46, who was the only one in the vehicle at the time.

Police said Bertuzzi was charged with operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated with a high blood-alcohol content.
He must drink a lot, 46? lookin' like 56.
Just fuckin hammered, stopping at yellows but rollin the reds

:lol:
He hasn't come back for his morning slot on 650am since. They changed the morning show dudes anyways. so WE. When he first started that Tuesday
morning show, he sounded pretty bad. Really bad. Had gotten a fuck of a lot better the last couple years.
"evolution"
Post Reply