Past Canuck Players

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by rats19 »

Clode….
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Boudreau or Julien. Not sure I want to see the Cock here. I’ve seen enough of Green.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Jesus that's scraping the bin bottom. Might as well just wait a little longer.
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The time to change it up was over the summer when there was decent coaches just waiting for the call. Almost everyone here agreed it was overdue. Why the fuck they brought him back I'll never understand
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:52 am Jesus that's scraping the bin bottom. Might as well just wait a little longer.
Who else is out there? If they’re replacing Travis they need a name coach, not another guy from the AHL or junior hockey. I wouldn’t give Green much more than another seven or eight games to figure this out.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:58 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:52 am Jesus that's scraping the bin bottom. Might as well just wait a little longer.
Who else is out there? If they’re replacing Travis they need a name coach, not another guy from the AHL or junior hockey. I wouldn’t give Green much more than another seven or eight games to figure this out.
Other teams are underperforming and may be unloading good coaches. I think I'd wait and see if Green can get these guys playing better or a better option presents itself
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:09 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:58 am
Other teams are underperforming and may be unloading good coaches. I think I'd wait and see if Green can get these guys playing better or a better option presents itself
Green needs a bit more time for sure but it’s nine games in. If they go 0/7 on the homestand they could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. That would have the team at 3-9-1. Personally I would give him till game 20 even though I said I’m done with him.

No idea who these other good coaches are that are going to be let go. Perhaps you could fill us in.

IMHO both Julien and Boudreau are better and more successful coaches. BB’s uptempo style would play well with the personnel here.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:32 am
No idea who these other good coaches are that are going to be let go. Perhaps you could fill us in.

IMHO both Julien and Boudreau are better and more successful coaches. BB’s uptempo style would play well with the personnel here.
Ok for example, if VGK continue to play poorly would Peter DeBoer not be a serious upgrade? Or Sullivan in Pitt? Maybe even Rick Bowness coming back.

It's all hypothetical until it happens obviously but every year teams underperform and fire their coaches.

Boudreau hasn't employed a successful system in decades. No thanks

Edit:I looked at BB a little closer and maybe he wouldn't be so bad after all. His team's have a history of playoff suckiness but good regular season records. Maybe there is a fit there
Last edited by Cousin Strawberry on Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:43 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:32 am

Ok for example, if VGK continue to play poorly would Peter DeBoer not be a serious upgrade? Or Sullivan in Pitt? Maybe even Rick Bowness coming back.

It's all hypothetical until it happens obviously but every year teams underperform and fire their coaches.

Boudreau hasn't employed a successful system in decades. No thanks
Sullivan has the Penguins at .500 without Crosby, Letang and Malkin. Their three best players. We are missing Motte and Sutter and some fans think that’s significant. :lol:

Bones is the most defensive coach in the game ATM. No thanks. BB makes the post season 80+ % of the time. Deboer….. yeah no.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BB has a record of 426 - 246 - 87 over his last ten years of coaching. I’d say that’s successful. He’s gotten to the third round one and the second round twice but he’s damn near a lock for the playoffs. Sometimes you don’t quite get the goaltending or bounces. I think he can flat out coach.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:59 am BB has a record of 426 - 246 - 87 over his last ten years of coaching. I’d say that’s successful. He’s gotten to the third round one and the second round twice but he’s damn near a lock for the playoffs. Sometimes you don’t quite get the goaltending or bounces. I think he can flat out coach.
Well I'm sold. Jimmy...make it so
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:25 amClode….
Yep....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:15 pm
rats19 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:25 amClode….
Yep....
He's the enemy!
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

To be clear the only reason you wouldn't want him behind our bench is 2011?

Because I looked through his coaching analytics and they're pretty impressive.
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

donlever wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:33 pm To be clear the only reason you wouldn't want him behind our bench is 2011?

Because I looked through his coaching analytics and they're pretty impressive.
I guess the GM was also an integral part of that group.

Fine! Either him or BooDrow work

Like Sam Cooke said...change is a gonna come