Past Canuck Players

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Past Canuck Players

Post by Carl Yagro »

Imagine if Greener put a 4th line of Beags, Loui and Rooster together... they'd be scoring like they're doing in AZ!

Chatfield is a perma bum when coached by Green. When he's coached by Brind'Amour, he's like the black Toy Stretcher.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

I did not realize Chatty got the call in Carolina. I see he got into 5 games so far, good for him.
el rey del mambo
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Can't wait until we're discussing Chase-on in this thread...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Ok. Fuck!! Chatfield? OUR Chatfield?
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:08 pm Watching the coilers game and I see Jaylen Chatfield is a hurricane. I see a weak link for tomorrow
He doesn't look THAT weak on this Canes team. The speed and transition of Carolina as a unit is lethal.

Watching the Flames game... the much maligned Gudbranson doesn't look terrible either. Not great but not terrible.

I never thought too much about coaching and systems before. Shitty player are always shitty and you can't hide their warts, right? But after paying more attention this year, I can honestly say that this isn't entirely true. You can at least mask it somewhat enough to pass the eye test.

This tells you how bad and how over their heads the last 2 Canuck coaches were.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Carl Yagro wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:47 pm Imagine if Greener put a 4th line of Beags, Loui and Rooster together... they'd be scoring like they're doing in AZ!
https://twitter.com/CraigSMorgan/status ... 8796608512

Craig Morgan
@CraigSMorgan

Jay Beagle gets his first of the season off some nice net-front work from Antoine Roussel, who shovels a backhand feed to Beagle in the slot.
Loui Eriksson gets the other assist.1-1.

6:13 PM · Dec 11, 2021
What a world.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

You can't shut out Lois forever. You can only hope to contain him

Little Things with his 1st of the season, a shorty.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:12 pm You can't shut out Lois forever. You can only hope to contain him

A shorty eh.

Oh well, it's not an empty netter but I guess at this stage he'll take it :lol:
el rey del mambo
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:27 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:12 pm You can't shut out Lois forever. You can only hope to contain him

A shorty eh.

Oh well, it's not an empty netter but I guess at this stage he'll take it :lol:
Little disappointed he didn’t score his first with the Yotes on his own empty bet to be honest.
orts
CC Veteran

Post by orts »

So a year and a half ago, a month or two before the pandemic hit, I was watching some Norwegian ice hockey (Manglerud Star vs somebody), and out of nowhere came this speedy player who scored a sparkly goal, and the announcer called "MÅÅÅÅÅL! Boot!" and I was like, "Boot"? Is that David Booth? And it was, David Booth, playing for Manglerud, a team at the very bottom of the Norwegian top league, which itself is basically at the bottom of the more sizeable European leagues. I guess they had made him an offer they couldn't refuse. And he scored 20 goals in 22 games, and those goals pulled Manglerud up into a playoff spot, over my favourite underdog team Narvik, which gave me another reason to be disgruntled with the guy. And then the pandemic hit, and no playoffs happened, and Booth retired, with Manglerud Star of all teams as his final professional situation.

Anyway, now, guess what, he's back out of retirement and going to play for Vålerenga, the biggest of the Oslo clubs, who have had a crap year and would like to better their situation. This article refers to him enthusiastically as a "star player" and shows him in Canucks kit. I don't really remember him being a star in Vancouver, but he looks happy in the picture. https://www.tv2.no/a/14388315/
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

orts wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:42 am So a year and a half ago, a month or two before the pandemic hit, I was watching some Norwegian ice hockey (Manglerud Star vs somebody), and out of nowhere came this speedy player who scored a sparkly goal, and the announcer called "MÅÅÅÅÅL! Boot!" and I was like, "Boot"? Is that David Booth? And it was, David Booth, playing for Manglerud, a team at the very bottom of the Norwegian top league, which itself is basically at the bottom of the more sizeable European leagues. I guess they had made him an offer they couldn't refuse. And he scored 20 goals in 22 games, and those goals pulled Manglerud up into a playoff spot, over my favourite underdog team Narvik, which gave me another reason to be disgruntled with the guy. And then the pandemic hit, and no playoffs happened, and Booth retired, with Manglerud Star of all teams as his final professional situation.

Anyway, now, guess what, he's back out of retirement and going to play for Vålerenga, the biggest of the Oslo clubs, who have had a crap year and would like to better their situation. This article refers to him enthusiastically as a "star player" and shows him in Canucks kit. I don't really remember him being a star in Vancouver, but he looks happy in the picture. https://www.tv2.no/a/14388315/
The lost years of Nabonidus!
If you need air...call it in
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

orts wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:42 am So a year and a half ago, a month or two before the pandemic hit, I was watching some Norwegian ice hockey (Manglerud Star vs somebody), and out of nowhere came this speedy player who scored a sparkly goal, and the announcer called "MÅÅÅÅÅL! Boot!" and I was like, "Boot"? Is that David Booth? And it was, David Booth, playing for Manglerud, a team at the very bottom of the Norwegian top league, Including the majestik møøse A Møøse once bit my sister.. I guess they had made him an offer they couldn't refuse.No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law And he scored 20 goals in 22 games, and those goals pulled Manglerud up into a playoff spot, over my favourite underdog team Narvik, Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti And then the pandemic hit, and no playoffs happened, and Booth retired, with Manglerud Star of all teams as his final professional situation.

Møøse trained by YUTTE HERMSGERVØRDENBRØTBØRDA Special Møøse Effects OLAF PROT Møøse Costumes SIGGI CHURCHILLMøøse Choreographed by HORST PROT III Miss Taylor's Møøses by HENGST DOUGLAS-HOME Møøse trained to mix concrete and sign complicated insurance forms by JURGEN WIGG Møøses' noses wiped by BJØRN IRKESTØM-SLATER WALKER Large møøse on the left hand side of the screen in the third scene from the end, given a thorough grounding in Latin, French and "O" Level Geography by BO BENN
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:25 am
orts wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:42 am So a year and a half ago, a month or two before the pandemic hit, I was watching some Norwegian ice hockey (Manglerud Star vs somebody), and out of nowhere came this speedy player who scored a sparkly goal, and the announcer called "MÅÅÅÅÅL! Boot!" and I was like, "Boot"? Is that David Booth? And it was, David Booth, playing for Manglerud, a team at the very bottom of the Norwegian top league, which itself is basically at the bottom of the more sizeable European leagues. I guess they had made him an offer they couldn't refuse. And he scored 20 goals in 22 games, and those goals pulled Manglerud up into a playoff spot, over my favourite underdog team Narvik, which gave me another reason to be disgruntled with the guy. And then the pandemic hit, and no playoffs happened, and Booth retired, with Manglerud Star of all teams as his final professional situation.

The lost years of Nabonidus!
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Tciso wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:56 am
orts wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:42 am So a year and a half ago, a month or two before the pandemic hit, I was watching some Norwegian ice hockey (Manglerud Star vs somebody), and out of nowhere came this speedy player who scored a sparkly goal, and the announcer called "MÅÅÅÅÅL! Boot!" and I was like, "Boot"? Is that David Booth? And it was, David Booth, playing for Manglerud, a team at the very bottom of the Norwegian top league, Including the majestik møøse A Møøse once bit my sister.. I guess they had made him an offer they couldn't refuse.No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law And he scored 20 goals in 22 games, and those goals pulled Manglerud up into a playoff spot, over my favourite underdog team Narvik, Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti And then the pandemic hit, and no playoffs happened, and Booth retired, with Manglerud Star of all teams as his final professional situation.

Møøse trained by YUTTE HERMSGERVØRDENBRØTBØRDA Special Møøse Effects OLAF PROT Møøse Costumes SIGGI CHURCHILLMøøse Choreographed by HORST PROT III Miss Taylor's Møøses by HENGST DOUGLAS-HOME Møøse trained to mix concrete and sign complicated insurance forms by JURGEN WIGG Møøses' noses wiped by BJØRN IRKESTØM-SLATER WALKER Large møøse on the left hand side of the screen in the third scene from the end, given a thorough grounding in Latin, French and "O" Level Geography by BO BENN
Lol
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If you need air...call it in