NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: NHL Season suspended - Now what?

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:27 pm Lol. Gomer gonna Gomer.
Another bad day .?
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:59 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:27 pm Lol. Gomer gonna Gomer.
Another bad day .?
Oh Ghomes...

It's so cute when your trying to be funny.

So you know, when people put then "lol" in front of statements, it means "laughing out loud".
That implies smiles, and smiling implies amusement.
People who are smiling are Having good days.

... sometimes I think you must be so darned pretty that someone should pet you like a cute dog while saying in a high pitched voice: "your SO pretty" :lol:

I don't have bad days. :D
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

So we have Ruffles and now ......... Fifi?
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

https://www.tsn.ca/u-s-opens-border-to- ... -1.1478582

U.S. opens border to foreign pro athletes

The United States is opening their border to allow foreign-born professional athletes to enter the country exempt from travel restrictions.

Acting secretary of homeland security Chad Wolf signed an order allowing the measure on Friday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

5thhorseman wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:21 pm https://www.tsn.ca/u-s-opens-border-to- ... -1.1478582

The United States is opening their border to allow foreign-born professional athletes to enter the country exempt from travel restrictions.

Acting secretary of homeland security Chad Wolf signed an order allowing the measure on Friday.
Drop the fuckin puck!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:21 pm https://www.tsn.ca/u-s-opens-border-to- ... -1.1478582

I'm going to California! :rockin:
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Kypreos on Twitter:

The two NHL teams that voted against NHLPA 24 team format were playoff teams: Canes and Lightning.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It was predictable that the Trump administration would find an exemption for pro athletes. The admin has been after all pro sports teams to get going. And TBH I think people who follow sports need the distraction.

I was out yesterday bar hoping, safely of course, and I spoke with a few managers. They are already planning how to get big screens in, more than now anyway, and how to set it up to get viewers, for all sports. One said they may sell tickets to control the numbers and recoup some losses. He asked me if I'd pay to watch a hockey game, I said yes but only a modest cover charge like $5.

The micro breweries are also looking at how to configure their establishments to get screens in and sports playing. I think if they do it safely and in a controlled manner it will be great for business. Without fans in the seats I think it would be fun to go to a brewhouse and sit and watch the game with a bunch of local drunks, especially here in Strathcona.

If Canada follows suit then I think we may see at least one Canadian city on the table.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 9:52 am It was predictable that the Trump administration would find an exemption for pro athletes. The admin has been after all pro sports teams to get going. And TBH I think people who follow sports need the distraction.

I was out yesterday bar hoping, safely of course, and I spoke with a few managers. They are already planning how to get big screens in, more than now anyway, and how to set it up to get viewers, for all sports. One said they may sell tickets to control the numbers and recoup some losses. He asked me if I'd pay to watch a hockey game, I said yes but only a modest cover charge like $5.

The micro breweries are also looking at how to configure their establishments to get screens in and sports playing. I think if they do it safely and in a controlled manner it will be great for business. Without fans in the seats I think it would be fun to go to a brewhouse and sit and watch the game with a bunch of local drunks, especially here in Strathcona.

If Canada follows suit then I think we may see at least one Canadian city on the table.
If you play your cards right, the Chef will take you to watch a game at the Astoria. You may have to meet his posse there, but he may splurge for a pizza and a couple pitchers.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The Chef has a strict 'Gas-Grass-or-Ass' policy tho Wids...just so you know he doesnt smoke and has a full tank
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Pierre LeBrun@PierreVLeBrun
More from NHL memo: ``We again emphasize that Player participation in Phase 2 is strictly voluntary. In addition, Clubs are not permitted to require Players to return to the Club’s home city so they can complete a quarantine requirement in time to participate in Phase 2.''
6:57 AM · May 25, 2020·
Looks like maybe none of our players will be around these parts for a - Hi There! - No need. Virtual everything these days.

If this thing happens, will Canuck trainers and even medical staff get to go to "The Hubs" ? So many questions. Families? That's a long time to go without..... :oops: ....them.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:30 am.

If this thing happens, will Canuck trainers and even medical staff get to go to "The Hubs" ? So many questions. Families? That's a long time to go without..... :oops: ....them.
How could they possibly run without the medical and training staff?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

They can't. So many things still to be worked out. The vote to accept the format is just the first hurdle. Granted, a big one.
Still much work to be done.

Whatever it is, has to beat that ridiculous Woods / Mickelson golf stuff yesterday :look: .

Nascar wasn't that bad. I guess.

The little bit of soccer I saw looked terrible. Way less aggressive.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Micky wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:54 am They can't. So many things still to be worked out. The vote to accept the format is just the first hurdle. Granted, a big one.
Still much work to be done.

Whatever it is, has to beat that ridiculous Woods / Mickelson golf stuff yesterday :look: .

Nascar wasn't that bad. I guess.

The little bit of soccer I saw looked terrible. Way less aggressive.
Guess this is one of the main sports to follow now in corona times:

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.