Time for a new G-Man?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Time for a new G-Man?

Post by 2Fingers »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:47 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:27 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:42 pm Man Green had his shit together tonight. Isn't that how it works? Lose he is an idiot. Win and man he is a gawd.
I still think he’s on thin ice regarding his job next year. I think he’s an ok coach. But this team needs a good coach moving forward. Some of his moves and lineup decisions have been a bit baffling.

He may become a good coach, but it may take a bit longer to get there. The Canucks don’t have that time. Big post season or not looming for the team and maybe more so for Green

There will ALWAYS be seemingly baffling moves by a coach on any team. As fans, we don't get to see daily interactions with players, undisclosed (but playing through) injuries, agendas by GM's or owners, etc.. I don't think it's fair to judge a coach (Or a GM for that matter) on a single thing, but they have to be measured on their body of work.

Can't judge on "why I still Erickson playing with bo, or even in the lineup??", but we have to judge on "the team wanted to be in a playoff spot (or fighting for one) all season. Are we there or not?"

Without knowing the behind closed doors conversations, hard to say he gets the axe because fans are upset.

IMO, Travis has done as expected with the lineup he had. No need to gas the guy because he has met expectIons.
I guess we have different ideas on what his expectations are? His decisions are baffling on who plays, where they play and how much? He hates JV so just trade the player then instead of watching Green apply one set of standards on him and then another on "his" players. 1 win does not make him a good coach, but the past 2 seasons in my opinion has shown as of today he cannot raise his method of coaching and bring the team forward. he is trying to hard to be the player's friend instead of being the coach.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:47 am IMO, Travis has done as expected with the lineup he had. No need to gas the guy because he has met expectIons.
+
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Per wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:34 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:47 am IMO, Travis has done as expected with the lineup he had. No need to gas the guy because he has met expectIons.
+
- -

I do not want to see the same thing next year, time for a change to get this team to the next level.