Canucks add Toffoli (Schaller, Madden, 2nd, cond 4th)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks add Toffoli (Schaller, Madden, 2nd, cond 4th)

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:00 am [quote=Madcombinepilot post_id=373271 time=1582123462
And which poster sprayed his jizz hundreds of times all over the board up until three days ago regarding Tyler Madden?
Well, we can all agree that Jake Wise wouldn't have been enough to get Toffoli!

Dude, your thoughts?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ESQ wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:24 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:00 am [quote=Madcombinepilot post_id=373271 time=1582123462
And which poster sprayed his jizz hundreds of times all over the board up until three days ago regarding Tyler Madden?

Dude, your thoughts?
Well with only 2 goals and 9 assists in his second college year that wouldn’t have been enticing enough to move a needle
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:00 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:44 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:32 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:34 pm Da=aged goods heading south...

Bob McKenzie
@TSNBobMcKenzie
·
Feb 17
BTW, Madden was injured this past weekend and will be out of the Northeastern lineup for awhile.
Quote Tweet

Jeff Cox
@JeffCoxSports
· Feb 15
Sources telling me Vancouver Canucks prospect Tyler Madden will miss next 4-6 weeks with broken finger. Huge loss for Northeastern.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/stat ... 48358?s=20
It’s hilarious how a week ago Tyler Madden was viewed as a top end prospect by a few people on this board but now he’s a scrub. Not referring to yourself however....

It's also hilarious how he went from a prospect trending to making it into the league in 2-3 years to a god on Skates in that same time frame.

Did someone?

Point I was making, is that trading a prospect that's 2-3 years from potentially making the lineup, when he was not one of the top 3 prospects in the system, is not a big deal, or for this team at this point in time, a very expensive cost to us.

Trading a 'Madden type' prospect on this team for. 5-6 years ago would have been crazy stupid.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Dude, your thoughts?
Funny thing is I mentioned Wise once on June 23, 2018. In one post I said I preferred him to Madden. Pee Pants has 142 posts regarding this player. I have 4. Little perspective for you. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:22 am

Dude, your thoughts?
Funny thing is I mentioned Wise once on June 23, 2018. In one post I said I preferred him to Madden. Pee Pants has 142 posts regarding this player. I have 4. Little perspective for you. :lol:
Ya know, that is really funny! That Dude is a real master debater! :lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:18 am

Did someone?

Point I was making, is that trading a prospect that's 2-3 years from potentially making the lineup, when he was not one of the top 3 prospects in the system, is not a big deal, or for this team at this point in time, a very expensive cost to us.

Trading a 'Madden type' prospect on this team for. 5-6 years ago would have been crazy stupid.
LOL”did someone” ??

By any account except IMac the shill, Madden was a top 3 prospect
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I'll miss Tyler Madden as much as I miss Gary Lupil.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I'll miss Madden's kayak down the river celly. aha
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:30 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:18 am

Did someone?

LOL”did someone” ??

By any account except IMac the shill, Madden was a top 3 prospect
I guess I don't pay attention to the 3% of Canucks Nations fringe fans that lose their shit on social media over every move the organization makes while they are pretending to represent the majority of rational fans opinions.

And I sure would like to know who those so called (self called?) "experts" were that put Madden ahead of any 1 of Hoglander, Podkolzin, or Dipetro. I think that says a lot about their abilities and judgements right there, and most people with an ounce of common sense could see it.

but whatevs. Not my monkeys, not my circus.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So you have the Chef on ignore? :lol:

I think a good chunk of people who rate these prospects had Madden no worse than 3 in the system, Button, Pronman, Hockey News etc.. These are not 3% of neckbeard Canuck fans.

I never saw MDP step ahead of him.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

I am not too fussed about losing Madden the more I think about it. I am not sure I would have him at #3 on our prospect list but he would for sure be top 5. Either way, he was one of our best prospects but I also think one of our few expendable ones, due to our depth at C.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hes more broom handle than hockey player. You cant develop an emotional attachment to a broom handle
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I wasn't sure where Madden would fit long term tbh, I think he'll end up being a winger, as he's skin and bones at 5'11 152lbs, I mean we already got a future #3C/W in Carson Focht who is 6'1 181lbs, dude plays like a beast out there already.
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/2 ... rson-focht

Plus we got top 6 wingers coming in soon with Hoglander and Podkolzin...with chippy guys with some size in Kole Lind, Gadjovich, Mcdonough, Keppen for the bottom six wingers.

So I'd say it was a good decision to get Toffoli to keep this teams momentum going.

#Re-SignToffoli asap so when/if Boeser keeps getting hurt, it's nice to have another righty sniper ready and when both are healthy, we got a lot more arsenal to work with.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:44 am Hes more broom handle than hockey player. You cant develop an emotional attachment to a broom handle
Depends if you believe the weights on hockeydb. He is slight but so were(are) Hughes and Petterson. What would the Chef’s weight be on hockeydb and what would it be in real life.

170 on db...., maybe 270 after a meal at the Astoria
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

It's OK to say it's a good or decent deal but at the same time say Madden was a good prospect. He is ranked 3rd on most sites.
Two of what are considered our high prospects are goalies. Silvos really ramping it up.
Then the two we just drafted last year. Pod keeps rising but now Hog is slumping.

This will look real good if he resigns. If we miss the post season now and he signs elsewhere, it will be an aggressive off season
I don't even know what I mean by that. I just know it will be :twisted:
"evolution"