2020/2021 Cap compliance

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2020/2021 Cap compliance

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Beags ability to get his skate on top of pucks along the boards while his team is making a line change is top shelf. You need that shit. If I was Greener I’d say to Beags “leave your stick on the bench, you can’t pass, stick handle or shoot to save your life. Just get your skate on pucks, Beags!”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:27 pm Beags ability to get his skate on top of pucks along the boards while his team is making a line change is top shelf. You need that shit. If I was Greener I’d say to Beags “leave your stick on the bench, you can’t pass, stick handle or shoot to save your life. Just get your skate on pucks, Beags!”
Yeah Beagle is a freakin' warrior. Sure his contract isn't the greatest but I could never quite figure out how he always gets lumped in with the Erikssons, Baertchis and Sutters. Beagle came here completely as advertised.
el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:13 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:27 pm Beags ability to get his skate on top of pucks along the boards while his team is making a line change is top shelf. You need that shit. If I was Greener I’d say to Beags “leave your stick on the bench, you can’t pass, stick handle or shoot to save your life. Just get your skate on pucks, Beags!”
Yeah Beagle is a freakin' warrior. Sure his contract isn't the greatest but I could never quite figure out how he always gets lumped in with the Erikssons, Baertchis and Sutters. Beagle came here completely as advertised.
The Chef isnt a Beagle booster ML. Hes oozing his No.5 orange flavoured sploooge all over Beagles face
If you need air...call it in
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:22 pm
The Chef isnt a Beagle booster ML. Hes oozing his No.5 orange flavoured sploooge all over Beagles face
I guess you're right Brown Wizard.

My gawd, the sarcasm at this place :)
el rey del mambo
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:15 pm My gawd, the sarcasm at this place :)
You're just catching on?

We used to have a 'sarcasm emoji' but it broke a few years ago.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Sutter and Baertschi's contracts are gone after the next season played. It's Beadgleton here for that plus one. That 21/22 season will be pricey
to create what you hope will be our super team. Note; Edler will have needed to be replaced or resigned again by then.
Then again, thar's a matter of space needle exposure.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If we get CBO’s my gut is it will be for Eriksson and Baertschi because Benning and Greener love Beags too much. That is fine, buying out Eriksson and Baertschi before next season help us out with raises given to Marky, Virtanen and Tanev and signing Toffoli. After next season they let Edler and Sutter walk. Ya just hope that Benning doesn’t be like Benning and adds more air thief’s out of nowhere

I’d still rather CBO Beagle after Eriksson but Greener would shit his pants. We can live with Sutter and Baertschi for one more year
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:47 am We can live with Sutter and Baertschi for one more year
But we can't live with Beagle for two more years?

If you CBO Sutter and replace him with a player that can stay healthy, that keeps Beagle in his ideal role - 4th line, top PKer doing the 12 hardest minutes a night.

The cap difference between Sutter and Buried Baertschi is substantial - $2.1 mil. That probably covers Markstrom's raise right there.

But actually I'm more coming around to Ferland. I don't think he's going to go away for a full season - definitely not next year. That means that whatever LTIR he gives you won't be there next off-season, and can only be used through trades during the season. And even then, if he doesn't call it a career and permanently goes to LTIR, that LTIR space he gives you is only good for one year.

If you look at CBOs to give maximum flexibility, I think you take out Loui and Ferland. $9.5 mil in cap space, good enough for raises to Tanev (~$1 mil), Toffoli (~$2 mil), Virtanen ($2.5 mil), Gaudette ($1.5 mil) and Markstrom (~2.5 mil).
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:13 am If you look at CBOs to give maximum flexibility, I think you take out Loui and Ferland.
Agreed, you buy out the longer-term ones

... unless you have good reason to believe Ferland is going to pull a Crosby and come back strong.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:56 am
Sutter and Baertschi's contracts are gone after the next season played. It's Beadgleton here for that plus one. That 21/22 season will be pricey
to create what you hope will be our super team.
If they feel a need to move Beags prior to that 21/22 season they should be able to do that on July 2nd 2021.

At that point there will be just $1.2M in real dollars due him for that 21/22 season (5-team no trade list).

No need to buy out an effective slightly overpaid (cap-wise) yet underpaid (hit-wise) Beaglesworth!

Micky wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:56 am Note; Edler will have needed to be replaced or resigned again by then.
Then again, thar's a matter of space needle exposure.
If they want to re-sign Edler they'll simply wait until after the X-draft.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:22 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:15 pm My gawd, the sarcasm at this place :)
You're just catching on?

At this point I think we need a not-sarcasm emoji.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:01 pm
You're just catching on?

:lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

And then change the name of the joint to Sarcasm Corner. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:01 pm
You're just catching on?

Which is itself a sarcastic comment
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

“Beags gets skates on pucks” - Greener

“Can’t make a play to save his life but gets skates on pucks” - Greener