2018 draft re-draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: 2018 draft re-draft

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:47 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:44 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:39 am
Per wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:47 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:00 pm Dahlin 1 goal 17 assists - in 26 games, ie 0.69 PPG and he is +2
Hughes 2 goals 24 assists - in 33 games, ie 0.79 PPG and he is -6
I'm not really going into a debate of who is better; they are both great young d-men with tons of potential.
But it's kind of unfair to throw out the number of points without acknowledging that one of the players has missed games due to injury..... :|

Huey still has a slightly higher PPG, but it's not as big a difference as you made it seem.
Again Per.... he’s never seen Dahlin play.
I’ve seen him plenty. Hughes is just way too dynamic, flawless, brilliant, smart, skilled, skating. He’s a future Norris Triohy winner
Look, I’m very happy with Hughes. Great pick, who most likely will have a great career. And yeah, as I stated before, it’s not inconceivable that we are talking Norris level at his peak.

But have you ever seen an 18-yo d-man play like this in the NHL? :eh:

Off the top of my head no, not an 18 year old. But I have seen a 19 year old do it. His name is Quinn Hughes.

The difference in age should be erased by the fact that Dahlin played a year and a half of pro hockey in Sweden prior to his NHL debut. While the SHL is a far cry from the NHL, it's much closer to the NHL than the NCAA is.

Quinn also dances and controls the puck like that despite giving up nearly 20 pounds to Dahlin. I also haven't heard of Dahlin getting the kind of attention from opponents that Hughes gets. However I don't follow the Sabers closely so I'm not saying he doesn't.
Per
MVP
MVP

Re: 2018 draft re-draft

Post by Per »

Yeah, Hughes is great too.

As I’ve stated before, I’m convinced both of them will have Norris trophies in their cupboards before they retire.

Two of the best d-men we’ve seen enter the league in a very long time. So calm and composed at such a young age. They both have the poise of veterans even though they’re still wet behind their ears.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.