2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: 2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Post by rats19 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:02 pm Ferlund shut down for season
Boeser out 3 weeks (fractured rib)
Ribs are 4-6 weeks
Cracked
Broken or bruised

I know I had them all
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

rats19 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:08 pm
Ribs are 4-6 weeks
Cracked
Broken or bruised

I know I had them all
Me too. It's supposedly just cartilage. He will be reassessed in 3 weeks, so your probably right. Hopefully gets the last few games in before playoffs.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

From what I just (quickly) read, it's hard to say with Rib cartilage.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

But we are now starting to rack up 'man games lost'

Graovac LTIR
Motte. LTIR
Ferlund - season over
Boeser - 3wks (min)
Fantenberg IR

... with us up close to the cap, and out of roster spots, I wouldn't expect the team to rush anyone back.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I looked it up and yes, you can fracture a cartilage. It isn't a good thing at all. I feel bad for Brock. What a shit year. Hang in there.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Thank you Mick for looking it up.

I wasn't sure if I had posted that correctly, or if my knowledge base was good enough to post it on a public forum. I deeply, ever-so-respectfully appreciate you double checking my post, looking it up on google, and then trusting what you read on the internet - as that's always 100% accurate - and posting your findings to verify my post.

I am unsure how I would have gone to sleep this evening if you had not followed up on this matter. I perhaps would have had mildly irritated dreams about certain insecurities or perhaps anxiety over not knowing if you had checked. Perhaps it would have been like that feeling that is similar to that time that 'middle manager' type guy at your job wasn't looking over your shoulder to make sure your quality control wasn't good enough... or when he is standing at your cubicle asking, no wanting.. no NEEDING those TPS reports as you frantically hid the stapler....

Damn Mick.. thanks for making sure that I was ok in that post so I could go home with that 'I just pumped the neighbors cat' feeling of security and sleep with that "went to the morgue instead of a bar for a cold one" sense of relief.

Much appreciated
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Doctor Gomer is in da house. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I saw the recovery time for fractured rib cartilage is 12 weeks and beyond. If it only happened on the 9th then....fuck
If you need air...call it in
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I did something like that and it didn’t feel right for six months. He’ll gut it out and play in pain, but we shouldn’t expect a hundred percent return until next season.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:51 am I did something like that and it didn’t feel right for six months. He’ll gut it out and play in pain, but we shouldn’t expect a hundred percent return until next season.
He was already rolling at like 75% though so maybe he needs to couch and let someone else go to battle in his stead
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The situation that took him out of the game didn't seem that serious at the time. I'm guessing it aggravated a pre-existing injury that we've been watching Brock play through. And if he's been dealing with rib issues most of the year, that would explain a lot.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:40 am The situation that took him out of the game didn't seem that serious at the time. I'm guessing it aggravated a pre-existing injury that we've been watching Brock play through. And if he's been dealing with rib issues most of the year, that would explain a lot.
This is fact. Finally the truth comes out...sort of
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

rats19 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:08 pm
Ribs are 4-6 weeks
Cracked
Broken or bruised

I know I had them all
Yup. I have bruised ribs right now. Going on 3 1/2 weeks. I still can't sleep on my right side let alone get body checked. I do love Mexico and all you can drink resorts, but I'll leave that for the Alcohol and Injuries thread.

Given my experience, I am guessing 6 weeks at a minimum, (Cuz 22 year old hockey players can't possibly heal quicker than 49 year old hockey fans) but I would not be surprised if we don't see Brock until April. 2 games to get into the groove, and then the playoffs. If he is out longer than that, then he has a pretty serious injury, and it's likely October. Bad ribs are hard to play through. It affects your breathing and stamina.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:29 am Thank you Mick for looking it up.
Much appreciated
Thank-you and I'm sorry about that horse. The one you have to climb so high to get on every morning.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:05 am Doctor Gomer is in da house. :lol:
Have another drink blob.
"evolution"