2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Post by Tciso »

Hank wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:20 pm
Tciso wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:05 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:52 pm
Hank wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:36 pm I would love to see a stretch of games where everyone is finally healthy and in the lineup at the same time to really be able to gauge the potential of this team.

Beagle, Sutter, Ferland, Roussel, Motte... there would be no room for Loui or Utica call-ups.
Hopefully there would be no room on the roster for Loui as one of 14 forwards. Let Leivo, Gaudette, Motte and Schaller battle for the spots.
Gaudette has already won his spot. After that, it's ranked Schaller, Motte, then Leivo. Leivo only works in the top 9, and even then he's a tweener. He can carry Loui's bags.
Agree guys. That kind of depth would be pretty nasty when you actually have to rotate deserving players in and out because there aren't enough spots.
Or, in Loui's case, [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuvEJ-U1UDc[/youtube]
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:36 pm I would love to see a stretch of games where everyone is finally healthy and in the lineup at the same time to really be able to gauge the potential of this team.

Beagle, Sutter, Ferland, Roussel, Motte... there would be no room for Loui or Utica call-ups.
Hopefully there would be no room on the roster for Loui as one of 14 forwards. Let Leivo, Gaudette, Motte and Schaller battle for the spots.
Gaudette has already won his spot. After that, it's ranked Schaller, Motte, then Leivo. Leivo only works in the top 9, and even then he's a tweener. He can carry Loui's bags.
I think Gaudette has earned a spot, then I remember who the coach is.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:41 pm

I think Gaudette has earned a spot, then I remember who the coach is.
Which one? Trav or Newell? I say that because on the radio this morning Alain Vigneault was mentioning that he knows about Brown's
PP coaching tactics.. "psyche" !
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

So, No Edler tonight.

Anyone hear what it is (other than upper body). I didn't see a hit or anything.. same injury that he left that other game in?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SO what is injured on Brock Boeser?
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:37 pm SO what is injured on Brock Boeser?
Exactly? Dunno :!:

Area:upper body :crazy:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Just wondering if anyone has any idea....i still cant see how the play could've possibly resulted in an injury.

I wonder...has he been hiding a buggered wrist or something all year and just re-aggravated it. It would explain that Linden-slow release hes been rocking
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:02 pm Just wondering if anyone has any idea....i still cant see how the play could've possibly resulted in an injury.

I wonder...has he been hiding a buggered wrist or something all year and just re-aggravated it. It would explain that Linden-slow release hes been rocking
https://streamable.com/0cv2c# - your probably right cause there just aint nothin there no matter how many times you replay.

Something tells me it might be a wonky upper shoulder that he's been quietly nursing for quite a while. We should hear a tiny bit

of bullshit tomorrow that will most likely be diversionary. Oh, it's nothing, just an upper body cramp.
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Micky wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:09 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:02 pm Just wondering if anyone has any idea....i still cant see how the play could've possibly resulted in an injury.

https://streamable.com/0cv2c# - your probably right cause there just aint nothin there no matter how many times you replay.
Something tells me it might be a wonky upper shoulder that he's been quietly nursing for quite a while. We should hear a tiny bit
of bullshit tomorrow that will most likely be diversionary. Oh, it's nothing, just an upper body cramp.
Well, the team as a whole is kinda shitting the bed right now. It's a good time to rest him, if he needs it. Mac and Bailey need some games anyways..
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Shoulder pop out. The angle of the hit definitely that. I’ve popped mine quite a few times. The right angle, doesn’t take much
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:05 pm Shoulder pop out. The angle of the hit definitely that. I’ve popped mine quite a few times. The right angle, doesn’t take much
He knew right away, no hesitation, so either it felt terrible right away OR--it's happened to him before.

Here's a way to describe it from someone (don't know who),
Rather ick but most likely right...
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Or he jammed /got slashed on his wrist again, and they want to give him a week.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Anyone heard a timeline on Boeser? There are some tough games coming up and they could sure use a healthy BB but only if he can shoot again.

I suspect hes been nursing some sort of wrist/shoulder injury for quite a while that has dramatically affected his ability to get his shot away. I would suspect it happened early in the year...
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:29 am Anyone heard a timeline on Boeser? There are some tough games coming up and they could sure use a healthy BB but only if he can shoot again.

I suspect hes been nursing some sort of wrist/shoulder injury for quite a while that has dramatically affected his ability to get his shot away. I would suspect it happened early in the year...
The only official news from the Canucks is "Boeser will not play Sunday and will be seeing a doctor next week"
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Ferlund shut down for season
Boeser out 3 weeks (fractured rib)