2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 15397
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strange we dont have one of these yet...

Feel free to source and update as necessary. Anyone heard anything on Edler?
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 15397
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

A. Roussel, LW Sep 12, 2019 IR
Torn ACL
O. Fantenberg, D Oct 13, 2019 day-to-day
Illness
T. Motte, RW Oct 26, 2019 IR
Upper-body injury
M. Ferland, LW Oct 29, 2019 IR
Concussion - left game
B. Sutter, C Nov 11, 2019 IR
Strained groin - left game
J. Beagle, C Nov 22, 2019 day-to-day
Lower-body injury
A. Edler, D Nov 22, 2019 day-to-day
Upper-body injury - left game
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: 2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Post by Madcombinepilot »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:43 am A. Roussel, LW Sep 12, 2019 IR
Torn ACL
O. Fantenberg, D Oct 13, 2019 day-to-day
Illness
T. Motte, RW Oct 26, 2019 IR
Upper-body injury
M. Ferland, LW Oct 29, 2019 IR
Concussion - left game
B. Sutter, C Nov 11, 2019 IR
Strained groin - left game
J. Beagle, C Nov 22, 2019 day-to-day
Lower-body injury
A. Edler, D Nov 22, 2019 day-to-day
Upper-body injury - left game
Guessing Edler isn't bad. No call ups yesterday.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 15397
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Has it been confirmed anywhere its a cut from that skate? There wasnt anything else it could be really
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 16390
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: 2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Post by Micky »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:15 am Has it been confirmed anywhere its a cut from that skate? There wasnt anything else it could be really
He's gonna play to-nite and I still haven't heard nothing. Soon Trav will say something. My guess would be a bruise that felt crazy scary
when it happened???
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Rick Dhaliwal
Micheal Ferland (concussion) will join the Canucks in Pittsburgh tomorrow.
Agent Jason Davidson : I talked to Micheal yesterday, he is feeling great and excited to rejoin his teammates.
9:07 AM · Nov 25, 2019
"evolution"
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 15397
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

micky107 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:14 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:15 am Has it been confirmed anywhere its a cut from that skate? There wasnt anything else it could be really
He's gonna play to-nite and I still haven't heard nothing. Soon Trav will say something. My guess would be a bruise that felt crazy scary
when it happened???
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Rick Dhaliwal
Micheal Ferland (concussion) will join the Canucks in Pittsburgh tomorrow.
Agent Jason Davidson : I talked to Micheal yesterday, he is feeling great and excited to rejoin his teammates.
9:07 AM · Nov 25, 2019
Nice dig reinforcements are on the way. Adding Roussel and Ferland will be huge
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2031
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:56 am

Re: 2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Post by Cherry Picker »

They seem to play better when they are big. Hope they keep MacEwen with Bo and Miller for a while. Adding the healthy, bigger bodies in the bottom six would make the team tough to play against. If everyone is healthy will they slide Louie to Utica?
We are all Jim Benning.
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4870
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: 2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Post by Madcombinepilot »

posted a link to Green talking about injuries in the Game day thread.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 16390
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: 2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Post by Micky »

.
They have a little wiggle room with Roussel's time in Utica...
Patrick Johnston
Because it’s an LTI conditioning loan, Roussel will be with Utica for six days max. They play three times between now and Sunday. With NHL’s consent, loan can be extended a further two games.
"evolution"
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 15397
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:28 am. If everyone is healthy will they slide Louie to Utica?
All bets are off on that one. He should've been shot and pissed on ten times over by now.
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2031
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:56 am

Re: 2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Post by Cherry Picker »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:43 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:28 am. If everyone is healthy will they slide Louie to Utica?
All bets are off on that one. He should've been shot and pissed on ten times over by now.
I guess McEwen's days up on the big club are numbered if everyone gets healthy. The kid better pot one tonight if he has any intention of staying.
McEwen will lose his job to Eriksson because Eriksson is better suited for only one job, sitting with a box of popcorn.
We are all Jim Benning.
User avatar
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5448
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: On wide shoulders...

Re: 2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Post by Carl Yagro »

I would love to see a stretch of games where everyone is finally healthy and in the lineup at the same time to really be able to gauge the potential of this team.

Beagle, Sutter, Ferland, Roussel, Motte... there would be no room for Loui or Utica call-ups.
Try to focus on NEXT year... again :cry:
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22578
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Post by Vin Tanner »

Hank wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:36 pm I would love to see a stretch of games where everyone is finally healthy and in the lineup at the same time to really be able to gauge the potential of this team.

Beagle, Sutter, Ferland, Roussel, Motte... there would be no room for Loui or Utica call-ups.
Hopefully there would be no room on the roster for Loui as one of 14 forwards. Let Leivo, Gaudette, Motte and Schaller battle for the spots.

Pearson Petey Brock
Roussel Horvat Miller
Ferland Sutter Virtanen
Beagle
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Tciso
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: 2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Post by Tciso »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:52 pm
Hank wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:36 pm I would love to see a stretch of games where everyone is finally healthy and in the lineup at the same time to really be able to gauge the potential of this team.

Beagle, Sutter, Ferland, Roussel, Motte... there would be no room for Loui or Utica call-ups.
Hopefully there would be no room on the roster for Loui as one of 14 forwards. Let Leivo, Gaudette, Motte and Schaller battle for the spots.
Gaudette has already won his spot. After that, it's ranked Schaller, Motte, then Leivo. Leivo only works in the top 9, and even then he's a tweener. He can carry Loui's bags.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
User avatar
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5448
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: On wide shoulders...

Re: 2019-2020 Injury Update Thread

Post by Carl Yagro »

Tciso wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:05 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:52 pm
Hank wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:36 pm I would love to see a stretch of games where everyone is finally healthy and in the lineup at the same time to really be able to gauge the potential of this team.

Beagle, Sutter, Ferland, Roussel, Motte... there would be no room for Loui or Utica call-ups.
Hopefully there would be no room on the roster for Loui as one of 14 forwards. Let Leivo, Gaudette, Motte and Schaller battle for the spots.
Gaudette has already won his spot. After that, it's ranked Schaller, Motte, then Leivo. Leivo only works in the top 9, and even then he's a tweener. He can carry Loui's bags.
Agree guys. That kind of depth would be pretty nasty when you actually have to rotate deserving players in and out because there aren't enough spots.
Try to focus on NEXT year... again :cry:
Post Reply