Todd Bertuzzi for Ring of Honour?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bertuzzi for Ring of Honour?

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 21

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: Todd Bertuzzi for Ring of Honour?

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Per wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:35 am I think BMo is severly underestimated. Neither Bert nor Nazzy did all that well playing elsewhere, but with BMo they were stars.
Actually, Nasi was piling up pts and becoming a NHL sniper b4 BMo was even a Canuck (playing with Mess + Andy Cassels). I'd say BMo was more of a 2nd line centre, but played 1st line for us cuz he was the best we had @ that position as there was no other real option.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Wheres that trusty old Captain Invisible picture?

:lol:

He used to disappear at the most inopportune moments
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

He's choking.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Tops you gotta read this book man.

The Happy Isles of Oceania

By Paul Theroux

I think you would find this dude funny. Its one of my absolute favorite books I've ever read

Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:30 pm I think that all 3 of the WCE go on in one slot.

Why not?

I love Bert, but he was nothing without the others, and they were nothing without him. A classic example of the sum be more than the parts.
This. For sure.

Although 19 is currently hanging from the rafters.....so maybe just 44 and 7?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sure add in Brent Sopel maybe too. The Biter is getting in isn’t he? How about Chris Odleifsson or Dennis Ververgaert? As a I said the standards are so low for this team. After the twins sweaters are rightfully retired there will be what 6 guys up there? There should only be three. Period.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:06 pm Sure add in Brent Sopel maybe too. The Biter is getting in isn’t he? How about Chris Odleifsson or Dennis Ververgaert? As a I said the standards are so low for this team. After the twins sweaters are rightfully retired there will be what 6 guys up there? There should only be three. Period.
Agreed
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:06 pm Sure add in Brent Sopel maybe too. The Biter is getting in isn’t he? How about Chris Odleifsson or Dennis Ververgaert? As a I said the standards are so low for this team. After the twins sweaters are rightfully retired there will be what 6 guys up there? There should only be three. Period.
Who's the 3rd?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:49 pm
Who's the 3rd?
Pavel
Daniel
Henrik

Everyone else up there is farce. Stan still works for the team so that could be awkward. They need to free up
Tim Hunter’s old #19 and Per Olov Brasar’s # 16.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Send Linden and Markus a text saying they are now officially in the ring of honour, I think they’ve earned that. It would dress that place up a bit. Send the Biter a text that he can drop a puck at one of the home games this season and wave at the fans. Buy him dinner, comp his hotel...
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Topper wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:04 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:23 pm
Topper wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:53 am Morrison couldn't win a faceoff if his life depended on it.

Bertuzzi - no fucking way, let him sulk at the end of the bench.

Naslund's jersey should have a noose around it to signify the choke.
So, how do you really feel about the WCE? Seriously, don't hold back!
They had a year and a half dominant run.

When Barry Trotz took away Bert's push off move he became less effective. His laziness back checking is unforgivable.

Naslund's signature move off the half wall to the slot while firing a writer began being checked, then he got hurt (Moore) Never too see traffic again. As for Captain leadership, " we choked", "we came out flat and unprepared".

Morrison's big weakness was he couldn't win a draw. Add in that neither Naslund's or Bertuzzi could effectively forecheck, meant they were always starting from their own zone.

I put them in the same class as Gradin-Smyl-Fraser.
That year and a half was an outstanding year. They really were the best line in hockey briefly. Naslund was good for longer on either end of that run. His shot was like Boeser's, but with a wooden stick. Morrison was a little pickpocket in addition to providing good-enough-to-skate-with-these-guys offense. If it weren't for Morrison, that line was a wreck in transition.

One memory I have of Bertuzzi (during 2002-03 season, IIRC) was in a pregame skate against the Capitals. He whacked Arvedsson from behind on the ankle. Didn't look like a friendly tap; looked like he was psyching himself up by, I don't know, eating a living mouse. That was the game Arvedsson's Canucks career (and NHL career, IIRC). As a dead mouse.
Hono_rary Canadian
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

As an asside all these random players wearing the football digits is hilarious. :lol:

It used to be Gretz and Mario, now random scrubs sport the high numbers all over the league.

If I’m not mistaken Gino Odjick wore 66 in his debut and dropped the gloves with Dave Manson and Stu Grimson. :lol:
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

But on the flip side, I still can't get used to seeing wide receivers wearing quarterback numbers.

That was such a memorable debut for Gino. Wearing Mario's number and beating two absolute heavyweights in his first game :D
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:14 pm Tops you gotta read this book man.

The Happy Isles of Oceania

By Paul Theroux

I think you would find this dude funny. Its one of my absolute favorite books I've ever read

Clearly you enjoy other people's grumpiness! Paul coulda used you and one of your infamous bowls on that trip.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Oh for sure he needs a huge rip off the ripper!

I almost went to the trobriands for yam festival as a young dude just to have the bitches all over me but sadly chickened out.

Lifes regrets