Todd Bertuzzi for Ring of Honour?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Yes
57%
No
43%

Total votes: 21

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Got it from the DailyHive

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/todd-be ... 6XunBjzElk

I obviously got to vote yes. :D
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Todd Bertuzzi for Ring of Honour?

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:25 pm Got it from the DailyHive

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/todd-be ... 6XunBjzElk

I obviously got to vote yes. :D
Now we're on the way, Todd... :)
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I think that all 3 of the WCE go on in one slot.

Why not?

I love Bert, but he was nothing without the others, and they were nothing without him. A classic example of the sum be more than the parts.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:30 pm I think that all 3 of the WCE go on in one slot.

I love Bert, but he was nothing without the others, and they were nothing without him. A classic example of the sum be more than the parts.
The thing is, Nasi's #19 is already retired in the rafters. While BMo was a good player, I wouldn't say he was a star. Bert and Nasi were the engines to the WCE, while BMo was basically the boilerman shoveling the coal. :P
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:24 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:30 pm I think that all 3 of the WCE go on in one slot.

The thing is, Nasi's #19 is already retired in the rafters. While BMo was a good player, I wouldn't say he was a star. Bert and Nasi were the engines to the WCE, while BMo was basically the boilerman shoveling the coal. :P
Yet during the lockout, when BMo played in Sweden, his SHL line mates rose to the top of the scoring charts.....

I think BMo is severly underestimated. Neither Bert nor Nazzy did all that well playing elsewhere, but with BMo they were stars.

I definitely believe in the Sum Greater Than Parts story line when it comes to the WCE, and I think BMo was a more important part of that equation than most people realize. He wasn't as spectacular as the other two on that line, and that's probably why people miss the important work he did in their shadow. But without BMo at centre the WCE might not have been more exciting than the Märcklin model train set in your neighbour's basement.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Per wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:35 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:24 pm

Yet during the lockout, when BMo played in Sweden, his SHL line mates rose to the top of the scoring charts.....

I think BMo is severly underestimated. Neither Bert nor Nazzy did all that well playing elsewhere, but with BMo they were stars.

I definitely believe in the Sum Greater Than Parts story line when it comes to the WCE, and I think BMo was a more important part of that equation than most people realize. He wasn't as spectacular as the other two on that line, and that's probably why people miss the important work he did in their shadow. But without BMo at centre the WCE might not have been more exciting than the Märcklin model train set in your neighbour's basement.
Agreed. But neither Bmo or Bert deserve it on their own. That's why all 3 go on one spot, or none of them.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol Morrison was a drag on that line. Nice local kid but he was a slightly above average player who was far and away the worst player on his line. He was Vancouver’s Craig Conroy. No to both of them in the ROH, but it’s the Canucks and they have some of the lowest standards in the league for honouring players..... so there’s that.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:52 am Lol Morrison was a drag on that line. Nice local kid but he was a slightly above average player who was fat and away the worst player on his line. He was Vancouver’s Craig Conroy. No to both of them in the ROH, but it’s the Canucks and they have some of the lowest standards in the league for honouring players..... so there’s that.
When the line was at it's best Morrison was playing the best hockey of his career. Part of what made the line work was his speed and finding
loose pucks. Good checker. Absorbed plenty of hits which probably helped free up Naslund.
Not sure if he should be in the ring of honor. Maybe, ?
He really wasn't fat though blob.

Morrison and Mitchell were best friends for quite a spell. They were actually somewhat mouthy to the press afer times as I recall.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Morrison was a lot like Burrows - nowhere near as good as his linemates, but was able to be the perfect complimentary player for the far more skilled players. Conroy is a pretty good comparable, except I think Conroy is a good comparable, as is Linden - players that were more valuable and productive on one team than they would be on any other team in the league.

Bertuzzi was unbelievable for 2 years, but he was a superstar at the position everybody loves the most - the power forward. That 02/03 season was probably the benchmark for a power forward - 46 goals, he elevated and protected his winger for a career year as well, his greasy Bertuzzi Bump caused a shift in NHL officiating, and he was intimidating as hell.

I would argue that was the best power-forward season in the past 20 years, unless you count Ovechkin as a power forward.

Bertuzzi was a bit like Bure in that their career highs were unbelievable, but both lacked the ability to sustain it - Bure was obviously light years better than Bertuzzi in that regard, however his health prevented him from ending his career in the top-10 all-time.

Here's a question - who would you rather have on your team, Bertuzzi at his 46-goal peak or Bure at his 60-goal peak?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Morrison couldn't win a faceoff if his life depended on it.

Bertuzzi - no fucking way, let him sulk at the end of the bench.

Naslund's jersey should have a noose around it to signify the choke.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:53 am Morrison couldn't win a faceoff if his life depended on it.

So, how do you really feel about the WCE? Seriously, don't hold back!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I don't see Todd getting up there. The 'Moore Incident' will forever cloud his career, and that one dumb mistake should keep him off the ring.

Always liked him as a player, despite the floating - but he took a lot of abuse in the crease for the whale, and the refs wouldn't let him respond.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:32 pm I don't see Todd getting up there. The 'Moore Incident' will forever cloud his career, and that one dumb mistake should keep him off the ring.

Always liked him as a player, despite the floating - but he took a lot of abuse in the crease for the whale, and the refs wouldn't let him respond.
Reality check; Your absolutely right.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:23 pm
Topper wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:53 am Morrison couldn't win a faceoff if his life depended on it.

:lol:

If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:23 pm

They had a year and a half dominant run.

When Barry Trotz took away Bert's push off move he became less effective. His laziness back checking is unforgivable.

Naslund's signature move off the half wall to the slot while firing a writer began being checked, then he got hurt (Moore) Never too see traffic again. As for Captain leadership, " we choked", "we came out flat and unprepared".

Morrison's big weakness was he couldn't win a draw. Add in that neither Naslund's or Bertuzzi could effectively forecheck, meant they were always starting from their own zone.

I put them in the same class as Gradin-Smyl-Fraser.
Last edited by Topper on Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.