Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond 2019/20

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond 2019/20

Post by Per »

4 goals and 1 assist by Dahlén tonight as his Timrå annihilated Almtuna 11-1.
That brings him to 73 (33+40) points in 48 games. :mex:

Linus Karlsson scored a goal as Karlskoga beat Södertälje.
Brings him to 35 points in 45 games. :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Per wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:07 pm 4 goals and 1 assist by Dahlén tonight as his Timrå annihilated Almtuna 11-1.

Any updates on Per Olov Brasar?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Per wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:07 pm 4 goals and 1 assist by Dahlén tonight as his Timrå annihilated Almtuna 11-1.

Dahlen was (and remains) damaged goods in terms of a life in the NHL. A player whose skill projects a 50% of sticking in the league and whose head/work ethic/attitude takes that down by 90% is a worse bet than a kid with a 10-15% chance of making it. Who also develops overseas without taking up a contract.....

I have no clue whether Karlsson is any good. But I do know he has 13 points in 9 games since he was traded and that he is one of the youngest players on Karlskoga. It might be deployment, system, small sample size, or just something starting to click. He's not dead yet; Dahlen, to Canucks fans, is.
Hono_rary Canadian
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:16 am

I was wondering about Libor Polasek.
Hono_rary Canadian
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Not really. He is raising and training race horses (popular pastime for many Swedish hockey players; the Sedins also have horses) outside of Leksand in the Dalecarlia province.

His son Richard was Team Manager for the U-18 women's team that were eliminated in the quarter finals in the recent Women's WJC-18.

Anyway, P-O will be turning 70 this September, if you want to chip in for a present... :look:

Oh, and I hope he will be weeping bitter tears for his beloved Leksand come April! :D

Björklöven is still leading the SHA at 114 points with three games remaining.
Modo and Timrå are neck to neck for second place, both at 102 points, but Modo with better goal differential.

The two teams finishing first and second will play a best out of five series for the SHA championship, and apart from the title the winner will also get to challenge the team finishing last in the SHL over their slot in that league in a best out of seven matchup.

Meanwhile, the teams finishing 3-8 in the SHA all face eachother in a single game series. The team finishing third in the regular season has 3 bonus points, the team finishing 4th has 2 and the team finishing 5th 1, the others start at 0. The teams finishing 3-5 also have the advantage of playing three homestands and only two road games, while those finishing 6-8 only get two games at home.

The winner of that series then faces the loser of the SHA championship final in a best out of three matchup, and the winner of that gets to face the second to last team of the SHL in a best out of seven matchup over their SHL slot.

At present Oskarshamn is in last place(14th) with 39 points. Leksand is second to last (13th) with 40 points and Linköping is in twelvth place with 53 points. All three have seven games left. I do not think that either of Oskarshamn or Leksand can catch Linköping, so it's safe to say that it is Leksand and Oskarshamn that will have to take on challenging teams from the SHA. The only question is which team will face which.

I feel confident that Björklöven will win the SHA championship title and thus they should get to play the team finishing last.
Not sure which one I'd prefer.

I think Leksand may be the better of the two, but everyone has assumed from the get go that Oskarshamn will not be able to hang on to their slot, so from a psychological pointof view, the Leksand players are probably under far worse stress, having to face a challenger. Oskarshamn has known all along that this will happen,and may be better prepared for it. We'll see.

The SHA final is played March 10-18

Game 7 of the matchup between the SHA champion and SHL #14 is scheduled for April 8th
Game 7 of the matchup between the other SHA challenger and SHL #13 is scheduled for April 9th

Can't wait! 8-)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

UWSaint wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:42 am

I was wondering about Libor Polasek.
Yeah.... I don't follow Czech hockey all that much. :hmmm:

Last I heard he was like vice president of HC Tatra Koprivnice in the Czech third tier league. :|
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Everything you've ever needed to know about the czech republic can be learned from the czech fake agent documentaries
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I haven’t heard anything about Lars Molin or Lars Zetterstrom
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:43 am I haven’t heard anything about Lars Molin or Lars Zetterstrom
Yeahno... most of the players y'all are asking about are no longer active... as should be obvious... :hmmm:

Lars Molin went on to become a coach. He has coached Björklöven, Timrå, Östersund, Kiruna... among others.
A brief stint in Norway with Storhamar, another stint in Italy. Also coached the Swedish J20 team at the 99/00 WJC.
At present he is coaching Boden in the Swedish third tier league.

Lars Zetterström has more or less vanished from the face of the earth, unless he is identical to the Col. Lars Zetterstrom stationed in Galveston, USA. Which I doubt. :drink:
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

I've been wondering whatever became of the great Per Djoos since the movement of Djuse and Djoos on the trade deadline.

Per Djoos being the captain of the all name team of course.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Legend

el rey del mambo
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:55 pm I've been wondering whatever became of the great Per Djoos since the movement of Djuse and Djoos on the trade deadline.

Per Djoos being the captain of the all name team of course.
Pär Djoos... Yeah. I'm puzzled by the fascination people have for him in Canada. I mean, he only played 82 games in the NHL and then for Detroit and the Rangers. But I guess it's the name. Won a Swedish championship with Brynäs after having returned home.
Has done some coaching after hanging up the skates, but not on a higher level after suffering a stroke in 2015.
Is helping out coaching a local U15 team here in Gävle at the moment

Christian Djoos is his son. A better skater than his father, but not as offensively gifted.
Apart from a J18 Swedish Championship gold he has mostly collected silverware.
Two consecutive WJC silvers plus the 2018 Stanley Cup.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Per wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:37 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:43 am I haven’t heard anything about Lars Molin or Lars Zetterstrom
Yeahno... most of the players y'all are asking about are no longer active... as should be obvious... :hmmm:

Lars Molin went on to become a coach. He has coached Björklöven, Timrå, Östersund, Kiruna... among others.
A brief stint in Norway with Storhamar, another stint in Italy. Also coached the Swedish J20 team at the 99/00 WJC.
At present he is coaching Boden in the Swedish third tier league.

Lars Zetterström has more or less vanished from the face of the earth, unless he is identical to the Col. Lars Zetterstrom stationed in Galveston, USA. Which I doubt. :drink:
Leif Rohlin?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Another goal (pp) by Linus Karlsson as Karlskoga beat Karlskrona 2=1 tonight.
Brings him to 39 in 49 for the season, or 17 in 11 since he switched team.

Another goal by Jonathan Dahlén as Timrå lost 4-3 to Björklöven.
Brings him to 75 in 50.

Joe Cannata backstopped Björklöven to another win.
Brings him to 32 wins in 40 starts... not bad.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Rögle beat Brynäs last night 6-4.
Nils Höglander only had 9.35 minutes of ice time. No points. 2 sog, 2 hits.
Anton Rödin’s ice time was 18.55. One assist. 4 sog.

Tonight the regular season of Allsvenskan ended.
Linus Karlsson had an assist in Karlskoga’s 4-2 loss against Modo.
Jonathan Dahlén had a goal and one assist as Timrå beat Kristianstad 4-3 in ot.

Björklöven finished first with 121 points, 12 more than the previous all time record.
Modo finished second.
These two teams will now play a best of five series for the championship title.

The winner will then challenge Oskarshamn for their slot in the SHL.