Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond 2019/20

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond 2019/20

Post by SKYO »

Per wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:48 am Another game for Höglander last night. Rögle beat Örebro 3-2 after a shootout.
15:56 minutes of ice time. Nils had one shot on goal, one wide. That's about it.
The kid has a lot of energy, and can be fun to watch, but he is not the second coming of Pettersson.
Guess his smallish frame makes it hard to adjust to playing against men.

I'm looking forward to seeing him at the WJC come xmas. Playing against people his own age we may get to see a bit more of his potential.
And hopefully he will eventually adjust to playing against adults. It's tough for a smaller guy though. :(

Seriously, if I called the shots I'd have him and Dahlén trade places. Dahlén has nothing to prove in Hockeyallsvenskan. He has already won the scoring and been elected MVP there. He should be playing in the SHL, against the best we have in Sweden.

Höglander, on the other hand, could have more ice time and be given a chance to excel at the Hockeyallsvenskan level before playing in the SHL.
I mean, sure, he is playing 14-16 minutes per night, so it's not like he is getting sheltered minutes, but still.
I think he could develop better in Hockeyallsvenskan, while perhaps growing an inch and adding a few kg of muscle before playing in the SHL.
But what do I know? :look:
Nah, Dahlen developed over in allsvenskan and it hasn't served him well for the pro's, it's a long season and Hogs has already been improving in such a short span of time in the SHL, let him ride with big boys for a couple years he'll be better prepared for the NHL.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Nils Höglander SHL September 26th

https://streamable.com/8en8m#

cool. :)
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Two more points for Dahlén (1 goal 1assist) as Timrå beat Karlskrona 4-2.
He now has 10 points in 4 games.

Linus Karlsson was booked twice for tripping, but did not score.

Close though.... I mean, Hampus Karlsson assisted on Karlskrona’s first goal and Linus Cronholm on their second.
If you combine those names....... :look:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Per wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:50 pm Two more points for Dahlén (1 goal 1assist) as Timrå beat Karlskrona 4-2.

Close though.... I mean, Hampus Karlsson assisted on Karlskrona’s first goal and Linus Cronholm on their second.
The circumstances, as was reported; https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-b ... 1.23645383

Do you think Jim Benning should have stuck with him and tried to go through his agent to settle things down?
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

micky107 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:01 pm
Per wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:50 pm Two more points for Dahlén (1 goal 1assist) as Timrå beat Karlskrona 4-2.

The circumstances, as was reported; https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-b ... 1.23645383

Do you think Jim Benning should have stuck with him and tried to go through his agent to settle things down?
The weird thing is Dahlén claims he never asked to get traded. I think the agent messed this ip by trying to play hardball. I also think there was a culture clash where Utica still uses an outdated motivation through punishment system whereas Sweden has moved to a motivation through encouragement system.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I’m a huge fan of Per, great contributor to the CC and it pains me to say that I am not a proponent of Ex-Canuck speak in a Current Canuck speak forum I am an opponent of it. I want news on Euro Canucks not Dahlen news.

Per, Jose Gonzalez and his side project Junip is Sweden’s best musical import right now. This other stuff you speak of, is no good, not in Chefs restaurant, not in any of his franchises. It’s like comparing Swedish meatballs to Italian meatballs. But ABBA, everybody loves ABBA. Your top 5 ABBA songs?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Per wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:14 am Utica still uses an outdated motivation through punishment system whereas Sweden has moved to a motivation through encouragement system.
The good old Participant trophy. Everybody wins and there are no scores

Jordan Peterson has an interesting perspective on this subject
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:12 am
Per wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:14 am Utica still uses an outdated motivation through punishment system whereas Sweden has moved to a motivation through encouragement system.

Participation ribbons on sports day now. In my time, it was a day for the uncoridinated to feel even more shittier about themselves. That kind of stuff put hair on your chest, or in Doyles case - on his back.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:18 am

Participation ribbons on sports day now. In my time, it was a day for the uncoridinated to feel even more shittier about themselves. That kind of stuff put hair on your chest, or in Doyles case - on his back.
:lol:
Laughing at the gimps on sportsday was a highlight...no wonder kids are all fucked up now and hate the world
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:22 am

Laughing at the gimps on sportsday was a highlight...no wonder kids are all fucked up now and hate the world
The millennials today are soft because of it, not cut out for the struggles of life, the world needs Coquitlam Centre Parking Lot bullies like Doyle to learned the feebs out there.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Non compete sports with participation trophies has taken over our region. My son now is on a team in Spokane. Trophies for podium finishes only and he's reached the point where he doesn't even pick up his trophies any more.

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:28 am

The millennials today are soft because of it, not cut out for the struggles of life, the world needs Coquitlam Centre Parking Lot bullies like Doyle to learned the feebs out there.
Image>>>Image
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:28 am

Doyley wouldve worn his bright red laced hiking boots down to the nubs walking around that parking lot looking for feebs...its like a full section of pavement. Or u think he was a bmx bully? Always riding with a half drank slurpee mixed with his canada cooler he stole from mum
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:14 am
Doyley wouldve worn his bright red laced hiking boots down to the nubs walking around that parking lot looking for feebs...its like a full section of pavement. Or u think he was a bmx bully? Always riding with a half drank slurpee mixed with his canada cooler he stole from mum
I don't think Doyle is blobbing as much. Skinny cowboy now, mmm?
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Doyle could run like a deer, but wasn’t much of a track star. I played three sports a year but my sister was bar none the best athlete out of all of us. Effortless she could do anything and make it lol easy. My uncle was much the same.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”