Mick's thread full of links CLICK AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Re: Mick's thread full of links CLICK AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Post by The Brown Wizard »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:42 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:55 am If you listen carefully you can here a hammered up Chef yelling and screaming in the background after his liquid lunch up the hill at Slickity Jims Chat and Chew
I love that place - after Tomato closed down in Kits, SJ became my go-to for bennys. Best in town I'd say!

Oh.. and Hockey, something, something, blah blah blah, fuckin' Ericsson retire already...
Its unreal. I cant eat there enough when in town....especially since they closed down GIgi's :evil:

Fuckers are ruining my home town. Whats next...Trocadero's?

I mean seriously....how many PHO noodle dumpsters do y'all really need? Vietcong dishwater with bean sprouts? Groooosssss
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:55 am If you listen carefully you can here a hammered up Chef yelling and screaming in the background after his liquid lunch up the hill at Slickity Jims Chat and Chew
I heard that! :lol:

The guy went on and on and on as the three of them tried to ignore it.

They know their mics probably won't pick up those ravings, but it's gotta be tough to focus!

And yeah, every punk had to order a large back bacon + pineapple at Troc's back in the day. :D
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:53 am
I love that place - after Tomato closed down in Kits, SJ became my go-to for bennys. Best in town I'd say!

Oh.. and Hockey, something, something, blah blah blah, fuckin' Ericsson retire already...
Its unreal. I cant eat there enough when in town....especially since they closed down GIgi's :evil:

I mean seriously....how many PHO noodle dumpsters do y'all really need? Vietcong dishwater with bean sprouts? Groooosssss
Gigi's and Trocadero's... :crazy: :roll:

Sorry Brownie, I can't trust your tastes as a "foodie". I'll go for a bowl of Pho and a viet coffee any day over those vancity staples.

I'll have to give it to Gigi's though... like a cockroach, it survived 30+ years. It does bring a ton of (good/bad) memories. Gigi's is dead! Long live Gigi's!
Try to focus on THIS year...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I haven't eaten at Trocadero's for quite a few decades

... but once upon a time it was the place to go if you were a punkass teen.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:29 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:53 am

Gigi's and Trocadero's... :crazy: :roll:

Sorry Brownie, I can't trust your tastes as a "foodie". I'll go for a bowl of Pho and a viet coffee any day over those vancity staples.

I'll have to give it to Gigi's though... like a cockroach, it survived 30+ years. It does bring a ton of (good/bad) memories. Gigi's is dead! Long live Gigi's!
You'll starve and need to hit a drive thru for a gut bomb afterwards...
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:39 pm I haven't eaten at Trocadero's for quite a few decades

... but once upon a time it was the place to go if you were a punkass teen.
Trocadero's used to load up thick on the cheese after 2am... :P

There and the Night & Day on boundary and Broadway were the place to gorge late night
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

I have a long history with Trocadero's. First time I went there was after Little League at Trout Lake in the early 70's and only time I went more than a year without was when I lived in Toronto for a few years 90-93. I still order from there. Knight & Day on Lougheed is gone now and those two were our go-to places after watching rippers at the NBI way back when.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:49 pm I have a long history with Trocadero's. First time I went there was after Little League at Trout Lake in the early 70's and only time I went more than a year without was when I lived in Toronto for a few years 90-93. I still order from there. Knight & Day on Lougheed is gone now and those two were our go-to places after watching rippers at the NBI way back when.
See...age and wisdom Carl.

Slurping those sprouts will guarantee you end up skinny wearing black pajamas and scared of helicopters.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Have a soft spot for Knight & Day on Lougheed. 24/7 and an upgrade on Denny's. Went there often as a younger lad. It's still there, but they've been temporarily closed for Covid?

Fresgo Inn on Davie was another great late-night gorge-fest back in the day.

Ever have $3 break-y at the Bon's next door to the Trocadero's?
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:59 pm See...age and wisdom Carl.

Slurping those sprouts will guarantee you end up skinny wearing black pajamas and scared of helicopters.
Why shouldn't you be scared of helicopters? They dangerous, man... especially if they blasting out Wagner.
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:01 pm Have a soft spot for Knight & Day on Lougheed. 24/7 and an upgrade on Denny's. Went there often as a younger lad. It's still there, but they've been temporarily closed for Covid?

Fresgo Inn on Davie was another great late-night gorge-fest back in the day.

Ever have $3 break-y at the Bon's next door to the Trocadero's?
Bons is great, haven't been there for awhile. Pretty sure K&D is closed for good. It was the best late night place and one time we closed the Lougheed on a Thursday night, went to the K&D for burgers and were there long enough to have breakfast too. I worked right behind the McD's across the street and figured I might as well just stay in the area at that point. Quick snooze in the car and I was good to go for a productive Friday.

The Denny's at North Road and Austin used to be great in the early to mid 80's or so after a night at the Cariboo. Great place.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

We used to haunt the Knight and Day on Kingsway after a few hours of stoned snooker at Jubilee Billiards.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:56 pm We used to haunt the Knight and Day on Kingsway after a few hours of stoned snooker at Jubilee Billiards.
Used to go to those places all the time too, I lived at Nelson and Kingsway from 87 through 89. If we couldn't get into the K&D we'd try the Mr Mikes by the London Drugs. lol. I still go to Paul's Subs actually.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:00 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:56 pm We used to haunt the Knight and Day on Kingsway after a few hours of stoned snooker at Jubilee Billiards.
Used to go to those places all the time too, I lived at Nelson and Kingsway from 87 through 89. If we couldn't get into the K&D we'd try the Mr Mikes by the London Drugs. lol. I still go to Paul's Subs actually.
Hmmm Kingsway... I practically lived at the Eldorado for a few years.

Later when The Sport opened twas fun once in a while for a time.

I've been in Abbotsford for decades now Curm.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

LOL @ Mr. Mikes :lol:

I remember they had their $3 steak specials at the Kingsgate Mall. The joke was that it was so cheap because it was horse meat from Hastings racetrack. The "searing" was actually whip marks.

Man, all the little dives from our youth are pretty much gone.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:49 pm LOL @ Mr. Mikes :lol:

I remember they had their $3 steak specials at the Kingsgate Mall. The joke was that it was so cheap because it was horse meat from Hastings racetrack. The "searing" was actually whip marks.

Man, all the little dives from our youth are pretty much gone.
Replaced by VC dishwater sprout huts