Mick's thread full of links CLICK AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Mick's thread full of links CLICK AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Post by Cherry Picker »

They are supposed to limit training camp to 36 skaters and unlimited goalies. I count 37 skaters, including Ferland. So, while he is listed here, I’d say they have already decided he won’t be on the team, or participating in camp. Otherwise they wouldn’t have invited someone else and kept their number within the 36 skater limit.
We are all Jim Benning.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:49 am They are supposed to limit training camp to 36 skaters and unlimited goalies. I count 37 skaters, including Ferland. So, while he is listed here, I’d say they have already decided he won’t be on the team, or participating in camp. Otherwise they wouldn’t have invited someone else and kept their number within the 36 skater limit.
Just deleted Ferland. News today that he wont attend the camp.
"evolution"
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

When exactly do they gain the LTIR cap space?

If they are sniffing around Vatanen then i suspect there is no handshake deal in place for Hamonic
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

From a bunch of images from last night. Look at the hook on that stick. HS !

"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

He seems like he is very good at checking and retrieving the puck, and also a good passer. He drives the play a lot and passes very well, but I don’t think he’ll be much of a sniper. I don’t think he’ll be very effective on the PP, but 5 on 5, or on the PK he should be excellent.
We are all Jim Benning.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

New today; 5:56 minutes. We got "one" of them...
Last edited by Micky on Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

3 bold Vancouver Canucks predictions for 2021
Iain MacIntyre
January 1, 2021, 1:12 PM
1. Brock Boeser will outscore Tyler Toffoli
Given the profile of these players and their NHL histories, this seems a lot more like a lock than a wild prediction.

Boeser has proven he is the better offensive player — even if his 200-foot game is still evolving — and most of the Canucks’ success last season, including those playoff series wins against Minnesota and St. Louis, was achieved with Boeser and without Toffoli. And the Canucks were already 10th in the league in scoring before the Toffoli trade.
2. Braden Holtby could be one-and-done as a Canuck (meaning Thatcher Demko will start the season after, if not this one)
We expect a bounce-back season from Holtby who, comfortable with his new surroundings and goalie coach Ian Clark, should be closer this year to his .916 career save percentage than the uncharacteristic .897 he posted last season in Washington.

Ironically, this makes the 31-year-old goaltender less likely to stay in Vancouver for the second and final year of the contract he signed this past off-season.
3. Josh Leivo is the ex-Canuck the team will miss the most.
Leivo, his feelings hurt by the offer of a substantial pay cut from last season’s $1.5 million salary, chose to leave Vancouver for Calgary on a one-year, $875,000 contract that was a paltry $50,000 more the Canucks were offering. The opportunity Green would have given Leivo was worth exponentially more than that.

Leivo might have scored 20 goals this season had he stayed. Both he and the Canucks may regret he didn’t.
There's much more. I just cherry picked a few notes. TBH, I Mac is more pessimistic then usual. :roll: ,,Article Link
"evolution"
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Patrick Johnston @risingaction
Further to Rick's report, Canucks tell me Ferland will still do a physical with team doctors (via Zoom or similar). Would have to be deemed unfit to play before he could go on LTIR.

That he's not travelled to Vancouver to take his physical tells you just about everything.
Article..
Though Ferland tried to return three times throughout the season, he was forced to leave each time with “concussion-like symptoms.” In December he felt dizzy after throwing a hit two games into his return. In February, his conditioning stint in the AHL with the Utica Comets lasted less than one game. His return for the playoffs in August lasted less than two games before he was declared “unfit to play.”
Everyone has rights, of that there is no doubt. I question why he hasn't been ordered to take a full year off and then reevaluate. What I saw from him in the playoffs in the summer told me once and for all he thinks he has to "that guy" or nothing.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:18 am Everyone has rights, of that there is no doubt. I question why he hasn't been ordered to take a full year off and then reevaluate.
So Ferland has rights but you'd like him stripped of those rights? :D

There's a process Mick.

He'll fail his physical tomorrow and be placed on LTIR on the last day of camp.

Then Canucks will sign someone like Hamonic/Vatanen to a less-than-2-mill contract.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Somebodies making some money off the ice, Quinn Hughes knows all the angles...Joins Petey as a spokesperson for Aidi

doesn't suit him. Needs a big freakin black 4x4 pick-up.
"evolution"
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Maybe he doesnt suffer from micropenisitis
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

...........................................................................something new
"evolution"
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Re; Benning / Green presser--Jan 3rd, 2021
Brendan Batchelor @BatchHockey

Benning: We just thought that Hamonic's an experienced player, and he can come in and help us. He's flying in today, he'll do his quarantine, then he'll join us for camp, and we'll make a decision on him after that.
---------------------------------------------
Benning: Ferland still has concussion symptoms. Won't join for camp. No other players with injuries as of right now.
--------------------------------------------
Benning: We think (Hamonic) is going to be a good fit with our group.
-------------------------------------------
Green: He can provide a lot of things you need to win. Block shots, penalty kill, play at the end of the game. Hard defensive minutes.
-------------------------------------------
Benning: Travis has done an excellent job coaching this group of players...we think he's the right fit for this group and our group going forward.
------------------------------------------
Green says he's had good conversations with Benning and the #Canucks. Isn't worried about an extension. "I love coaching here, and I want to win here"
------------------------------------------
"We want to continue to develop our young players, and with that continued development, we're going to be a better team. It's going to be an exciting year." - Jim Benning
----------------------------------------
Benning: All of the Canadian teams are real good teams, so every game's going to be hard. We're looking forward to the challenge of getting better, being competitive and continuing to grow our young players.
----------------------------------------
Green: You have to create a culture that's about winning, and we're on the right path towards that.
---------------------------------------
Green: Hockey brings back a little bit of normal for a lot of people. We've never seen a Canadian division like this before. It's going to be intense. It's going to be awesome to coach in.
--------------------------------------
Benning: Ever since I've been here, we've had the freedom to do things the right way, but the landscape of the league changed. We're going to be in a flat cap situation, and we had to make some tough decisions this summer on players who were leaders of our team.
-------------------------------------
Green on camp with no pre-season games: You're going to have to maximize time. There's going to be a lot of teaching, but I feel we have a group that has a strong understanding of how we play.
------------------------------------
Green: We like the way we played in the bubble. We still know we need to play better in certain parts of our game. As a staff, we're still trying to find ways to improve offensively and defensively.
-----------------------------------
Green says they'll have four days of "game like" situations during camp including a couple of mock game days.
----------------------------------
Benning: Any trade we make with a US team, the federal and NHL rule is that the player has to quarantine once he crosses the border.
---------------------------------
Jim Benning: I want to thank the health ministry here in BC for working with us to make sure we'll have a safe environment for everyone involved.
--------------------------------
Green: Camp is also an important time for a lot of players as far as making the team and making the taxi squad. We're going to have to make those decisions of whether it's better for a player to stay with our group or play games in the AHL.
Green: We've got 2 really good goalies. We've expected Demko to be knocking on the door to be a starting goalie for a while now. You can't say enough about what Holtby has done in the league already. I won't sit here and say I know who is going to play how many games.
Green: I've been with Jake a long time. He knows what's expected of him, and part of that expectation is coming back a better hockey player
Jim Benning says he tunes into every Dr. Bonnie Henry briefing.
Benning: It's our understanding that we have permission to play games at Rogers Arena this year.
-------------------------------
Green: There's a spot for a lot of guys on the roster. Sven is a guy that was here before, and it didn't work out for him last year. He's definitely got a chance to be on the team.
-------------------------------
Benning:: Look at financial landscape....our intention is to sign an extension with Travis moving forward
10:55 AM · Jan 3, 2021

my invoice is in the mail.....Jan; 3rd 2021 Benning / Green Press Conference .from this morning. maybe a youtube later.
Last edited by Micky on Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

John Horgan @jjhorgan
After speaking with @fr_aquilini yesterday about the NHL’s return-to-play plan, I’m pleased to confirm the enhanced health measures being put in place for the upcoming season mean games can safely be played here in BC.
Lets go Canucks!
12:02 PM · Jan 3, 2021·
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
CC Legend

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Micky wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:46 pm
John Horgan @jjhorgan
After speaking with @fr_aquilini yesterday about the NHL’s return-to-play plan, I’m pleased to confirm the enhanced health measures being put in place for the upcoming season mean games can safely be played here in BC.
Lets go Canucks!
12:02 PM · Jan 3, 2021·
That's great news Mick. Game on :D
el rey del mambo