Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21970
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by Strangelove » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:46 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:43 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:17 pm
Oh Gaud... Leivo has looked horrible this year, last place he should be is the power play...
They need his sheer mass to use for picks and interference?
Yeahno, the guy is dumber than Shotgun...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 6731
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by Meds » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:49 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:13 pm
Meds wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:42 pm
Gaudette would be our 3rd line C if Benning had been able to trade Sutter.....alas nobody wanted him (I guess they missed where Doc said he's actually not on a bad contract).
WHOA that's quite the ironclad case you have there! Gotta love "Meds logic". :lol:

What if Lord Benning was demanding a two 1st round picks and a 7th in return

... and someone said they first want to make sure he returns to form post-op. :mex:

The rumour is Benning tried to move Sutter... and last year's rumour was teams were inquiring about Mr Sutter.

If you're gonna be a rumourmonger, be an unbiased true-to-yourself rumourmonger!

Have a little self-respect for Gaud's sake...
Hey man. You're the one who said Sutter was tradeable.

The rumors are that Benning has tried moving Sutter (this I'm quoting from you here), and last year teams were inquiring about Mr Sutter (again, quoting you).

Sutter is still here. Sounds to me like nobody wants to pay for Sutter's services at this point. It can be inferred that they don't have the cap space to burn on a 3rd line center with almost zero playmaking ability and a propensity for being bodied off the puck. Either that or they don't think he's worth the price to burn cap space they may have.

Ergo I'm simply mongering your rumour and taking it to one of several logical conclusions.

I think it highly illogical to entertain that Lord Benning would be seeking a pair of 1st rounders and a 7th for a 3rd line player.

I mean that's just ridiculous, and you sir can do much better.

Have a little self-respect for Mod's sake...

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21970
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by Strangelove » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:00 pm

Meds wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:49 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:13 pm
Meds wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:42 pm
Gaudette would be our 3rd line C if Benning had been able to trade Sutter.....alas nobody wanted him (I guess they missed where Doc said he's actually not on a bad contract).
WHOA that's quite the ironclad case you have there! Gotta love "Meds logic". :lol:

What if Lord Benning was demanding a two 1st round picks and a 7th in return

... and someone said they first want to make sure he returns to form post-op. :mex:

The rumour is Benning tried to move Sutter... and last year's rumour was teams were inquiring about Mr Sutter.

If you're gonna be a rumourmonger, be an unbiased true-to-yourself rumourmonger!

Have a little self-respect for Gaud's sake...
Hey man. You're the one who said Sutter was tradeable.
Right, and he is. :look:

Meds wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:49 pm
The rumors are that Benning has tried moving Sutter (this I'm quoting from you here)
Well if you're quoting moi, please get it right:

Benning is waiting until someone will fork over two 1st round picks and a 7th in return.

Meds wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:49 pm
, and last year teams were inquiring about Mr Sutter (again, quoting you).
Right. :look:

Meds wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:49 pm
Sutter is still here. Sounds to me like nobody wants to pay for Sutter's services at this point.
There it is again!... "Meds logic"!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 6731
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by Meds » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:06 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:00 pm
Meds wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:49 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:13 pm
Meds wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:42 pm
Gaudette would be our 3rd line C if Benning had been able to trade Sutter.....alas nobody wanted him (I guess they missed where Doc said he's actually not on a bad contract).
WHOA that's quite the ironclad case you have there! Gotta love "Meds logic". :lol:

What if Lord Benning was demanding a two 1st round picks and a 7th in return

... and someone said they first want to make sure he returns to form post-op. :mex:

The rumour is Benning tried to move Sutter... and last year's rumour was teams were inquiring about Mr Sutter.

If you're gonna be a rumourmonger, be an unbiased true-to-yourself rumourmonger!

Have a little self-respect for Gaud's sake...
Hey man. You're the one who said Sutter was tradeable.
Right, and he is. :look:

Meds wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:49 pm
The rumors are that Benning has tried moving Sutter (this I'm quoting from you here)
Well if you're quoting moi, please get it right:

Benning is waiting until someone will fork over two 1st round picks and a 7th in return.

Meds wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:49 pm
, and last year teams were inquiring about Mr Sutter (again, quoting you).
Right. :look:

Meds wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:49 pm
Sutter is still here. Sounds to me like nobody wants to pay for Sutter's services at this point.
There it is again!... "Meds logic"!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
What's Doc's logical take on it then?

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21970
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by Strangelove » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:12 pm

Meds wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:06 pm
What's Doc's logical take on it then?
Hey man, all I know is it's illogical to make the quantum leap from "Sutter is still here" to "therefore he's untradeable".
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

ESQ
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2550
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by ESQ » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:16 pm

Sutter is tradeable right now, just not to an NHL team.

But seriously, he is either untradable of his value is so low it's negative - the inevitable result of such an abortion of a season last year.

The good news is, that value has bottomed out and can only go up. He seriously cannot be worth any less than he is right now.

Hence the pump and dump theory.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10966
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by SKYO » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:22 pm

Keep Sutter till Gaudette rips it outta his hands and proves he's capable of playing those hard #3C minutes checking the top players while keeping his scoring ways, you generally need some experience to do that.

Plus when Sutter plays 80 games he's actually effective at being a checking center while proving 15-17 goals with some short-handed...and he has some of that hargraves speed for the fast game.

Why I'm not opposed to having Sutter and Gaudette on the same line, as they can take turns taking faceoffs till Gaud improves, let the journeyman mentor the apprentice.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:31 pm

I’d hope Gaudette leans on Horvat more than Sutter when it comes to apprenticing.,

They are stuck with Birdbones and Beagle. It is what it is. You hope they can do enough positive things on the ice and not get completely buried out there. I’d like to see a good playmaker on each of the bottom lines. Not seeing that yet, but the rosters throughout the league are still in a bit of flux. Let’s hope more moves are coming if not this week, then at least within a few weeks. The teams forward group as constructed right now isn’t going to work long term.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9548
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by micky107 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:02 am

Gaudette is really going to have to play well to stay up with the big club. I still am of the opinion he is still here largely due to the voice
of the fans and press.
I sincerely hope he's given the opportunity he's earned out of camp. That would mean playing regularly every game.
It would not mean being in and out of the press box.
That is for the Schaller types. The Eriksson types, etc.
One would think, Jake's leash is maxed as well. C'mon Virts! Smarten up and get it consistent! ding-dang it.
"evolution"

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 6731
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by Meds » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:17 am

Strangelove wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:12 pm
Meds wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:06 pm
What's Doc's logical take on it then?
Hey man, all I know is it's illogical to make the quantum leap from "Sutter is still here" to "therefore he's untradeable".
Maybe in Abbotsfraud.

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15619
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by Chef Boi RD » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:29 am

Sutter is well respected around the league would garner interest but teams are holding off due to his battles with injuries. What we need is for Sutter to have a healthy season along with a productive season. If he does, he will be an easy trade at the deadline for a team looking for centre depth in the playoffs with only one year left on a modified NTC, who is only 30 years old. Just maybe, just maybe Lord Shire Benning is hedging on this. Why not eh? Keeping him doesn’t hurt the team. Why chase the league for a buyer at a time when the market lacks confidence in his durability
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Puck
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1058
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by Puck » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:50 am

Taking a step back for some perspective, the Baertschi waive is looking a lot more reasonable. Yes, he had decent points in preseason, and he showed chemistry with Gaudette, but management claims they saw hesitation and having chemistry with a guy that for the moment appears to be the 13th forward is not of much value. In addition, you have to believe that his offense is easily replaced by Miller and Ferland. In fact, was he not already replaced by Pearson?

It comes down to whether or not he clears waivers and either makes Utica better (skill-wise he should have something to teach guys like Lind) or the team finds a way to trade him at a later date. Unfortunately, it will have to be later as nobody will want to trade for the current Sven if they didn't take him off waivers for free.

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8594
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by The Brown Wizard » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:54 am

The best case scenario for the canucks is if he brings his pillowy softness to coilertown.
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9548
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by micky107 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:19 am

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:54 am
The best case scenario for the canucks is if he brings his pillowy softness to coilertown.
Eriksson monopolizes the pillowy soft market. His nick-name is fluffy comma hold the starch.
"evolution"

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9548
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by micky107 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:25 am

Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
Sven Baertschi, Alex Biega, and Nikolai Goldobin all cleared waivers. #Canucks
9:08 AM · Oct 1, 2019
"evolution"

Post Reply