Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:31 pm I think Goldie is gone for sure and I'm gonna guess Loui and Leivo are the other two.
You really think Leivo? They were just working with gim in thw top PP unit a couple days ago
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:42 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:31 pm I think Goldie is gone for sure and I'm gonna guess Loui and Leivo are the other two.
You really think Leivo? They were just working with gim in thw top PP unit a couple days ago
I liked the guy last season, but he's been sucking in preseason games this year in my opinion.

No one will pick him up on waivers, send him down and make him hungry...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

We have so many expendable forwards. Somethings got to give here but i dont think they can ship Gaudette down after playing his guts out these few games. If they do and keep the floaters what message does that send
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:48 pm We have so many expendable forwards. Somethings got to give here but i dont think they can ship Gaudette down after playing his guts out these few games. If they do and keep the floaters what message does that send
I absolutely agree on Gaudette.

How has Leivo looked to you?

Maybe it's just me...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:44 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:42 pm
I liked the guy last season, but he's been sucking in preseason games in my opinion.
And I like Leivo over both Motte and Schaller. Go figure...
This is TSN 1040 am this morning https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1372557

and how they think Green's interview last night was setting up for a sending back to the minors for
Gaudette. Development and what's best for the financial situation of the team, hinting keeping him up would be complicated.
My opinion on the matter is the Org. may look a little silly if he is sent down as it was widely publicised that if a player showed he belonged
in camp, a spot would be made for him.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:22 am Brock getting hurt doesn't help but we do only play four times in two weeks to open so their is time for him to recover.
I'm sure Brock will be in the lineup on opening night.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:57 pm And I like Leivo over both Motte and Schaller. Go figure...
In my eyes Schaller has looked good this preseason.

Looking good in as far as a physical 4th line PK guy.

In the summer I had him as waiver-wire fodder

... but now I wouldn't be surprised if he made the cut.

As for Leivo vs Motte, either one could go.

But Motte plays all 3 forward positions so I think he might be the 13th forward.

micky107 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:57 pm This is TSN 1040 am this morning https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1372557

and how they think Green's interview last night was setting up for a sending back to the minors for
Gaudette. Development and what's best for the financial situation of the team, hinting keeping him up would be complicated.
My opinion on the matter is the Org. may look a little silly if he is sent down as it was widely publicised that if a player showed he belonged
in camp, a spot would be made for him.
I'm not sure how keeping The Gaud up would affect the financial situation. :?

I could see them being worried about losing someone else on waivers, but personally I wouldn't be.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:11 pm But Motte plays all 3 forward positions ...
...and he works his ass off doing it.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

i hope your right on Loui, he definitely doesn't deserve to be on the roster
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Puck wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:04 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:11 pm But Motte plays all 3 forward positions ...
...and he works his ass off doing it.
Yup. That kind of relentless hustle is infectious.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:51 pm

How has Leivo looked to you?

Maybe it's just me...
Ya hes looked pretty bunk. I was thinking he looks like a guy who knows hes already got a job secured and is just playing out the practice games but maybe you're onto something there.

I wont lose any sleep if hes gone
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Eriksson has been pathetic, but as usual he stays. Really not sure why Benning and Green talk about a “competive camp”, “guys pushing guys for jobs”. It’s one big flow of bullshit when they talk like that, especially Green. Green loves his lunch bucket guys like Motte, Schaller, Leivo, Beagle, Pearson, Sutter etc and of course “little things” Eriksson.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:32 am Eriksson has been pathetic, but as usual he stays. Really not sure why Benning and Green talk about a “competive camp”, “guys pushing guys for jobs”. It’s one big flow of bullshit when they talk like that, especially Green. Green loves his lunch bucket guys like Motte, Schaller, Leivo, Beagle, Pearson, Sutter etc and of course “little things” Eriksson.
Benning makes sense, he's the guy who signed him. I don't see how Green views him as a benefit to the roster,sure Loui's got some skill,but the lack of competitiveness has got to be something you don't want the other players witnessing
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dangler wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:40 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:32 am Eriksson has been pathetic, but as usual he stays. Really not sure why Benning and Green talk about a “competive camp”, “guys pushing guys for jobs”. It’s one big flow of bullshit when they talk like that, especially Green. Green loves his lunch bucket guys like Motte, Schaller, Leivo, Beagle, Pearson, Sutter etc and of course “little things” Eriksson.
Benning makes sense, he's the guy who signed him. I don't see how Green views him as a benefit to the roster,sure Loui's got some skill,but the lack of competitiveness has got to be something you don't want the other players witnessing
You have to worry about the psyche of the room when guys are Kept who don’t deserve to be kept around, but that’s what happens in the cap world and bad contracts.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

They have to keep Gaudette up and waive a flunkie. If the dont they'll fuck up the incentive for future kids to try and win jobs.

I see no scenario where benning demotes Gaudette