Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by Madcombinepilot »

He is very cultural.

Wasn't he sporting bra and panties (with aforementioned brown face potatoes pants) on Trannyface day?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I see theyre working over a new top PP unit with Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser, Miller and...Leivo :eh:

Fuckin Leivo??? Really?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1175122989454483457
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:09 pm I see theyre working over a new top PP unit with Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser, Miller and...Leivo :eh:

Fuckin Leivo??? Really?

Ferland is sick
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Quinn Hughes on his ouches and practicing with team's best.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/pract ... c-69012203
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:19 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:09 pm I see theyre working over a new top PP unit with Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser, Miller and...Leivo :eh:

Fuckin Leivo??? Really?

Ferland is sick
Ahh. Ok makes sense
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:32 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:19 pm

Fuckin Leivo??? Really?

Ferland is sick
Ahh. Ok makes sense
Didn’t you click Mickey’s link?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

The Bran Wizard is just following orders. He'll only click on Mickey's links in Mickey's full of links thread.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Hank wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:58 pm The Bran Wizard is just following orders. He'll only click on Mickey's links in Mickey's full of links thread.
:lol:

Yup Mick...the only links I'll click will be links to your special place...
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:11 pm
Hank wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:58 pm The Bran Wizard is just following orders. He'll only click on Mickey's links in Mickey's full of links thread.
:lol:

Yup Mick...the only links I'll click will be links to your special place...
this is actually getting old
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

September 24th 2018; Canucks at LA in St. Lake City. Some interesting name switching.

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Sep 21 2019 Canucks @ Kings / in St. Lake City Utah
Networks: NHLN-US (JIP), PRIME
no tv
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

If the Canucks want to keep maximum depth they should send down Guadette because he doesn’t need to clear waivers and then Eriksson and Schaller. That would leave Leivo, Motte and Goldobin as the last three forwards on the team. Even if Schaller and Eriksson outplay those players, no other GM in the league is going to touch them because of their contracts. Even if we don’t want one of Leivo, Motte or GOLDOBIN on the team, there is at least a remote chance another GM would grab one of them off waivers, so maximizing depth means keeping them. If Benning waives any of those three, he really doesn’t want that player on the team at all. Once waived Schaller and Eriksson can be recalled and play their penalty killing roles once injuries occur. They won’t need to clear waivers again, so they can repeatedly be sent down and recalled.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:58 am If the Canucks want to keep maximum depth they should send down Guadette because he doesn’t need to clear waivers and then Eriksson and Schaller. That would leave Leivo, Motte and Goldobin as the last three forwards on the team. Even if Schaller and Eriksson outplay those players, no other GM in the league is going to touch them because of their contracts. Even if we don’t want one of Leivo, Motte or GOLDOBIN on the team, there is at least a remote chance another GM would grab one of them off waivers, so maximizing depth means keeping them. If Benning waives any of those three, he really doesn’t want that player on the team at all. Once waived Schaller and Eriksson can be recalled and play their penalty killing roles once injuries occur. They won’t need to clear waivers again, so they can repeatedly be sent down and recalled.
None of that is appealing to me. Gaudette should stay and Schaller and Motte to go. Contract aside, Eriksson is still a decent player, better than Schaller and Motte but Green has man crushes for Motter and Schallzy. We know how this will end up, Gaudette to Utica. Don’t like it but it’s the deal and Goldobin forever in Greens dawghaus.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:32 am None of that is appealing to me. Gaudette should stay and Schaller and Motte to go. Contract aside, Eriksson is still a decent player, better than Schaller and Motte but Green has man crushes for Motter and Schallzy. We know how this will end up, Gaudette to Utica. Don’t like it but it’s the deal and Goldobin forever in Greens dawghaus.
I get where CP is coming from - it feels like every time we've tested our depth with waivers, we've gotten screwed - like Corrado getting claimed by Toronto when he'd have been our #1 call up, only for him to be healthy scratched for months.

But I'd also prefer parking Gaudette in the minors to hopefully pump and dump Sutter and/or Loui.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

There is no room for Goldobin in the top six, and Motte is much better in the bottom six energy role.
I am on Green’s side as opposed to Benning’s side as far as Goldobin is concern. I really don’t see his value or upside.
So if Green puts him up in the stands as the 13th forward, I’m fine with that.
And when an injury happens they can quickly recall Gaudette, MacEwen, Eriksson, Schaller, or whoever else is playing well and play that person, leaving Goldobin in the stands. So for me, Goldobin’s utility would only be as an emergency replacement for back-to-back games when a recall couldn’t be made fast enough.

Honestly, if I were GM, I’d waive Goldobin with Eriksson and Schaller right now so I wouldn’t have to worry about waivers later in the year with any of them. I have my doubts anyone would claim him at this time of the year when other teams are busy deciding on their roster. And even if a GM did claim him, I wouldn’t really care, but I know that’s just me. If all three were waived now, that would mean the 13th spot would be wide open until Roussel returned, and the best player for the 13th spot could be kept with the team now and sent down without waiver concerns when Roussel returns in the unlikely event that everyone is healthy at that time.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.