2019/20 Predictions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8594
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by The Brown Wizard » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:57 pm

5thhorseman wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:52 pm
Yeah, he's probably backed up real good :)
:lol:

He backs right up onto it
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8198
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by Cornuck » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:59 pm

5thhorseman wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:36 pm
I predict Mick will suffer a mild depression due to not being able to post meaningless GIFs. Corn will relent around Xmas and the floodgates will open, causing the server to crash and Strange's dismay, all archives to be lost.

Mild?
We'll have to keep him off the roofs... might 'slip' again....
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

User avatar
Hank
CC Legend
Posts: 3857
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by Hank » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:06 pm

I really wanted to go "there" Imperial Husker, but I refrained.

Just don't send Doc or Doily to talk Mick down. He won't be 'slipping' this time... he'll be doing a full triple-gainer.
Try to focus on THIS year...

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:09 pm

Hank wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:06 pm
I really wanted to go "there" Imperial Husker, but I refrained.

Just don't send Doc or Doily to talk Mick down. He won't be 'slipping' this time... he'll be doing a full triple-gainer.
A Harold Snepsts crosscheck right across the shoulder blades
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3298
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by Madcombinepilot » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:36 pm

All dat hockey talk was confusing

I wudda jus pushed da fuck.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3298
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by Madcombinepilot » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:37 pm

JUST KIDDING!!!

(It would have been a carefully concocted serum that was liberally spread under the left heel (his 'power heel' when turning) to look like a 'simple' accident while strolling on his 11:1 sloped tin roof. When a sudden, abrupt noise sounded (to his right - he is now spinning on his 'weak side') he loses his balance and plunges over the side of the eves in what is later reported as 'an unfortunate human body-to-ground interface' by the police. He perished upon impact... there was only a 'one-in-a-million' chance that broken, jagged edged hockey stick was sitting there, at that precise angle, waiting to spear his unsuspecting flailing falling body, but alas... there it was. This saddens the neighbors who always said he 'was such a quiet, nice fellow, who kept to himself.'

It is only upon the maditory police search of the premises when finding an unreported 7.8 day old dead body, that the police find the cache of automatic weapons, canadian postal uniforms, freshly shorn sheep pictures, and hand written scripture from catholic priests that they begin to suspect foul play)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3298
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by Madcombinepilot » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 pm

... was that over the line (according to the new 'summers over') rules?



:D :lol:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3298
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by Madcombinepilot » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:55 pm

..... duh.......

I mean I predict the Canucks make the playoff spot this year :oops:

:roll:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by Rocky Dennis » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:58 pm

micky107 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:22 am
.
Jake is going to have a gargantuan year! He will make a big splash this time round. The rest of his NHL career is dependant on it.
"His" salary, as opposed to some others, is mighty team friendly. He knows damn well what's at stake for him.
In a perfect world, he can do everything and more, than Baertschi. Have seen it, but no where near what could be called consistently.
We've seen him make great passes, sometimes. Score close to highlight reel goals, every now and then. Seen him be the first man back
defensively, when he remembers to. His shot is very good, when he uses it.
Now here's my wee problem: We've seen him deliver some clean but devastating hits, but then seemingly make a quick exit.
Gotta back it up there once in a while there Snake!
Best part? He's cheap and guess what? Even with a good year, I honestly believe he would sign another Show me, style
contract, even if he was advised by his agent??? to go for more. I think as low as Two / point / Two or three, would geterdun.
HE WANTS TO STAY HERE.
Boy this prediction didn't age well.

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8198
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by Cornuck » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:36 pm

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 pm
... was that over the line (according to the new 'summers over') rules?



:D :lol:
No, because it was a prediction. ;)
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8594
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by The Brown Wizard » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:09 pm

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:37 pm
JUST KIDDING!!!

(It would have been a carefully concocted serum that was liberally spread under the left heel (his 'power heel' when turning) to look like a 'simple' accident while strolling on his 11:1 sloped tin roof. When a sudden, abrupt noise sounded (to his right - he is now spinning on his 'weak side') he loses his balance and plunges over the side of the eves in what is later reported as 'an unfortunate human body-to-ground interface' by the police. He perished upon impact... there was only a 'one-in-a-million' chance that broken, jagged edged hockey stick was sitting there, at that precise angle, waiting to spear his unsuspecting flailing falling body, but alas... there it was. This saddens the neighbors who always said he 'was such a quiet, nice fellow, who kept to himself.'

It is only upon the maditory police search of the premises when finding an unreported 7.8 day old dead body, that the police find the cache of automatic weapons, canadian postal uniforms, freshly shorn sheep pictures, and hand written scripture from catholic priests that they begin to suspect foul play)
:lol:
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9548
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by micky107 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:40 pm

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:58 pm
micky107 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:22 am
.
Jake is going to have a gargantuan year! He will make a big splash this time round. The rest of his NHL career is dependant on it.
"His" salary, as opposed to some others, is mighty team friendly. He knows damn well what's at stake for him.
In a perfect world, he can do everything and more, than Baertschi. Have seen it, but no where near what could be called consistently.
We've seen him make great passes, sometimes. Score close to highlight reel goals, every now and then. Seen him be the first man back
defensively, when he remembers to. His shot is very good, when he uses it.
Now here's my wee problem: We've seen him deliver some clean but devastating hits, but then seemingly make a quick exit.
Gotta back it up there once in a while there Snake!
Best part? He's cheap and guess what? Even with a good year, I honestly believe he would sign another Show me, style
contract, even if he was advised by his agent??? to go for more. I think as low as Two / point / Two or three, would geterdun.
HE WANTS TO STAY HERE.
Boy this prediction didn't age well.
Are you sure? Think about it..

Or just consider; "Dead men tell no lies". :lol:
"evolution"

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:52 am

So Hargraves is the only one with the cajones to put a points prediction on the team for the coming season? You guys must be a hoot in hockey pools. :roll:
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

ESQ
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2550
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by ESQ » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:06 am

I'm saying 90s - the Pacific is arguably worse than last year, low-90s should get 3rd seed.

User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 950
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:56 am

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by Cherry Picker » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:28 am

50th year plus retiring numbers 22 and 33 means they’ll get 105 points. Book it!
We are all Jim Benning.

Post Reply