2019/20 Predictions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:56 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:35 pm Bo + Pearson as the 3rd PK unit is alright.

Sutter + Motte = #1

Beagle + Roussel = #2

But who do they try out until Roussel comes back?

Eriksson/Schaller if they're still here, but that's doubtful amirite?
You don’t think Jake is capable of becoming a decent penalty killer?

To me he seems like he has a lot of the same skills as Jannik Hansen.
I dunno buddy, I just don't see it, but hey I was wrong once...
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Hank wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:04 pm Bo is a horrible PK'er and his defensive analytics aren't even that good. Jake would be a PK shorty weapon on one unit and Motte on the other.
Hasn't Bo been off the PK for most of last year? Only 37 SH minutes last year.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:35 pm Bo + Pearson as the 3rd PK unit is alright.

Sutter + Motte = #1

Beagle + Roussel = #2

Jake is somewhere between David Booth and Jannik Hansen.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:59 pm

Sutter + Motte = #1

Beagle + Roussel = #2

I dunno buddy, I just don't see it, but hey I was wrong once...
Pearson actually looked ok. I’m not a big fan of Bo killing penalties, not sure if he is very good at it. You need three units though which is a huge reason Motte will be on the roster and may buy time for Louis.

Jake has speed and a bit of grit... you could be right though. I don’t think he thinks the game as well as Hansen even though he has greater physical gifts.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ESQ wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:08 pm
Hank wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:04 pm Bo is a horrible PK'er and his defensive analytics aren't even that good. Jake would be a PK shorty weapon on one unit and Motte on the other.
Bo is terrible on the PK, he struggles with stamina, something you need on the PK
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:20 pm I can see Jake being dangled at some point this year or next to plug a hole or 2
Better watch it with that kind of talk or jakes gonna plug your hole
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:27 pm
Bo is terrible on the PK, he struggles with stamina, something you need on the PK
Got fuck all to do with stamina

He just can’t read the play fast enough
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

He gets winded early, he’s a stocky kid for his height, carries some weight, his energy burns out too fast
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:35 pm He gets winded early, he’s a stocky kid for his height, carries some weight, his energy burns out too fast
Should trade him for a 2nd round pick.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Yes, mainly because of Beagle, Sutter (when healthy) and Granlund filling in as the center to take draws.

The PK was good but then really cratered when Beagle was injured for those 10 games and when Bo was called upon.

But my point is that Bo has never been good on the PK. He's honestly a bit overrated defensively. With his offensive responsibilities now, Green should not use him at all on the PK. Beagle, Sutter, Roussel, Motte, Miller, Pearson, JV. I'd even try Gaudette if he's up.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hank wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:56 pm
Yes, mainly because of Beagle, Sutter (when healthy) and Granlund filling in as the center to take draws.

The PK was good but then really cratered when Beagle was injured for those 10 games and when Bo was called upon.

But my point is that Bo has never been good on the PK. He's honestly a bit overrated defensively. With his offensive responsibilities now, Green should not use him at all on the PK. Beagle, Sutter, Roussel, Motte, Miller, Pearson, JV. I'd even try Gaudette if he's up.
I've never thought about him like that but its true if i think about it. I guess its when games have alot of penalties you prefer to have your best guys playing more and not on the bench
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Not disagreeing, and apparently neither is green since Bo basically doesn't play the pk. I don't see that changing - it's why Benning spends cap space on very good UFA pkers.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Just curious if anyone is predicting that the Canucks will NOT make the playoffs.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hank wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:56 pm Yes, mainly because of Beagle, Sutter (when healthy) and Granlund filling in as the center to take draws.

Jimothy Timothy Miller might be a good guy on the PK. He's kind of our new Granimal. A versatile jack knife kind of guy who can play up and down the line up and can play any forward position, except bigger, tougher and supposedly more talented. I heard he's good on draws too, so BoHo & TJ can be used on the left side and Beags & Sutts on the other. I seem to remember Greener using Bo for defensive zone faceoffs on the PK alot (especially when both Sutts & Beags were out), then he'd get off ASAP; Bo was a faceoff monster for us last season. Greener will have lots of options for the PK this year for sure. :P
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Cornuck wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:04 pm Just curious if anyone is predicting that the Canucks will NOT make the playoffs.
Most of the TV guys on That's Hockey, or NHL network, etc say we are bubble team on outside looking in.
"Perennial 85 point team"

... I am sure Micky can find clips of that to post links for :D
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.