2019/20 Predictions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by 5thhorseman »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:16 pm Tiny Tim in concert on acid would’ve been awesome! I had a good run with the acid one summer, every weekend, some of my best times as a human
Ha, I had a summer like that on shrooms. Seemed like forever, and great memories.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:19 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:16 pm Tiny Tim in concert on acid would’ve been awesome! I had a good run with the acid one summer, every weekend, some of my best times as a human
A summer that lasted half a century :|
Ahhh then you're familiar with shrooms. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’ve never touched acid in my life. I’ve smoked pounds of weed, did shrooms a few dozen times, did a shitload of blow back in the day. I’ve done E, hash.... peyote. That’s a about it. I’m a lightweight. Never done a needle or smoked rock or done meth.

This is what off days for the fans is like. They cleanse :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

LSD is what created the multidimensional universe.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Acid was nothing but good times only had one bad trip, it was fooked up, might’ve taken too much. I could drink like a fish on acid. I think I drank a 24 pack in one trip and I swear I was sober as fuck. Maybe I thought I was. Never did the bad stuff like heroin, that stuff was too hardcore. The people I new who did were messed up. MDMA/Ecstacy a whole bunch, shrooms a little and the Bump, well you know, who hasn’t
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:11 am I’m jumping out of my shoes on this one. A 15 point improvement in the standings = 96 points and a playoff spot.

Not sure if it will be a WC spot or 3rd in the Pacific. This is if the Canucks keep the injuries to a dull roar and a couple other WC teams get worse as I suspect they might.

Petterson- 85 points
Horvat- 70 points
Boeser- 65
Miller-49
Pearson-37
Ferkland-35

Finally some actual depth that can slide up and down the lineup. This team also gets Tanev and Edler in the lineup for 70+ games each.

Hughes- 45
Edler- 34
Myers- 32
Stecher- 26

Markstrom has a stellar year and bolts to UFA. Demko gets in 25 games and doesn’t do too badly.
whoa blob!

and remembering ronning's ghost metrics - on a playoff spot and goal differential for JB's squad, and team improvement to measure for his rebuild success...[April 2019:]
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Besides points in the standings, another way to measure progress is goal differential. In the 2017-2018 season, the Canucks were -46. In the 2018-2019 season, the Canucks were -29, for a total improvement of 17 net goals. If they make the same size step next season, they will be -12. This season, no team with a negative goal differential made the playoffs.

I'd be interested in discussions of other ways to measure improvement.

In any case, my hopes for the Canucks next season are bigger than a repeat of the same sized step they took this season. If Benning would prove himself a genius by the standards of the majority of posters here, the Canucks need to make the conference finals in 2020.

viewtopic.php?p=337158#p337158
What is it this year +10?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:24 pm What is it this year +10?
+11 in 69 games (+13 pace)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Did anyone predict the season would be interrupted by Covid?

And Blobcat sold Quinn way short.....adjusted for 82 games (and factoring in 6 points in the last 4 games) puts Huggie Bear at 67 points.

I won't even bother doing the math for his calls on Miller and Ferland.

At least he got Edler and Tanev right.

:lol:
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Where's RG btw?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Carl Yagro wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:22 pm Where's RG btw?
He lurked 8 days ago.

RG has always been one to go months without posting.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:14 pm Did anyone predict the season would be interrupted by Covid?

And Blobcat sold Quinn way short.....adjusted for 82 games (and factoring in 6 points in the last 4 games) puts Huggie Bear at 67 points.

Hughes was on pace for 64 points. Miller was on pace for 85-86. Career year for him for sure. I was a bit conservative with their numbers for sure. I was pretty bang on for how many points I thought the Canucks would end up with. They were trending towards 92-93 points. I was correct that if Edler and Tanev stayed somewhat healthy we had a legit shot at playoffs.

I shit the bed on Ferland. He may never score 35 points total in the puking whale.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:14 pm Did anyone predict the season would be interrupted by Covid?

I like that Doyles risks life and limb with his predictions. He’s emotional that way which makes him a wild card. His struggles are his inability to make the appropriate adjustments once the true nature of those predictions have been revealed. He’s a stubborn mule

He still thinks we should have signed Kevin Hayes to a 7 year 7 million per year contract instead of trading a non lottery pick for Miller
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:18 am

I like that Doyles risks life and limb with his predictions. He’s emotional that way which makes him a wild card. His struggles are his inability to make out what I’m painting on the walls when I empty the contents of my diaper.

He still thinks Philly signed Kevin Hayes to a much too rich 7 year 7 million per year contract even though he’s a solid player. But he also knew the Flyers were in an excellent cap situation and had a ton of kids coming up.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

SKYO wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:24 pm
and remembering ronning's ghost metrics - on a playoff spot and goal differential for JB's squad, and team improvement to measure for his rebuild success...[April 2019:]
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Besides points in the standings, another way to measure progress is goal differential. In the 2017-2018 season, the Canucks were -46. In the 2018-2019 season, the Canucks were -29, for a total improvement of 17 net goals. If they make the same size step next season, they will be -12. This season, no team with a negative goal differential made the playoffs.

I'd be interested in discussions of other ways to measure improvement.

In any case, my hopes for the Canucks next season are bigger than a repeat of the same sized step they took this season. If Benning would prove himself a genius by the standards of the majority of posters here, the Canucks need to make the conference finals in 2020.

viewtopic.php?p=337158#p337158
What is it this year +10?
It often seemed that so few of my posts got replies, I imagined I wasn't contributing much to the discussion. It is gratifying to find that one made enough of an impression to be remembered.
Strangelove wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:57 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:22 pm Where's RG btw?
He lurked 8 days ago.

RG has always been one to go months without posting.
The good doctor is being unduly (and uncharacteristically) modest. In his most cogent post ever, he convinced me that I should post far, far less than I had been. But I still like to check on how you are doing, and this week, participate vicariously in your joy.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:45 pm he convinced me that I should post far, far less than I had been.
:shock:

What we have here is failure to communicate!
____
Try to focus on someday.