2019/20 Predictions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:35 pm He gets winded early, he’s a stocky kid for his height, carries some weight, his energy burns out too fast
He’s stocky, chunky even :roll:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:44 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:35 pm He gets winded early, he’s a stocky kid for his height, carries some weight, his energy burns out too fast
He’s stocky, chunky even :roll:
Listen crackerjack, Bo’s terrible V02 Max has always been a burden for him, he crashes early in his shifts.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:45 am
Cornuck wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:04 pm Just curious if anyone is predicting that the Canucks will NOT make the playoffs.
Most of the TV guys on That's Hockey, or NHL network, etc say we are bubble team on outside looking in.
"Perennial 85 point team"

... I am sure Micky can find clips of that to post links for :D
Na; Although it's trendy, I'm not a negetarian. :D
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:35 pm Bo + Pearson as the 3rd PK unit is alright.

Sutter + Motte = #1

Beagle + Roussel = #2

But who do they try out until Roussel comes back?

Eriksson/Schaller if they're still here, but that's doubtful amirite?
Jake
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Looking over this roster i see one piece doesnt belong at all (well...eriksson but thats been beat to death)and thats Sven Baertchi. He is the piece that needs to be moved out to make room and could be of interest to a team needing offensive potential.

Hes one dimensional, talented but fragile and carries a marginally expensive price tag. Moving that 3.36 hit out should clear enough room for Boeser as well as open up a roster slot for an asset that shines at camp.

The move would be more of a dump at this stage but having a happy and signed BB more than quadruples the benefit to the team.

So...who needs a player such as Sven and has the space?
If you need air...call it in
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:52 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:20 pm I can see Jake being dangled at some point this year or next to plug a hole or 2
Better watch it with that kind of talk or jakes gonna plug your hole
With a Shotgun !!! :D :D
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:31 am Looking over this roster i see one piece doesnt belong at all (well...eriksson but thats been beat to death)and thats Sven Baertchi. He is the piece that needs to be moved out to make room and could be of interest to a team needing offensive potential.

Hes one dimensional, talented but fragile and carries a marginally expensive price tag. Moving that 3.36 hit out should clear enough room for Boeser as well as open up a roster slot for an asset that shines at camp.

The move would be more of a dump at this stage but having a happy and signed BB more than quadruples the benefit to the team.

So...who needs a player such as Sven and has the space?
I would agree, Wiz. Except that his "one dimension" happens to be goal scoring. And that alone puts him way ahead of anyone else who is in the bottom 6. The team has enough cap to sign Brock, and we won't have a cap issue until Roussel comes back. We do need to move a few bodies out (trade, assign to AHL, or send through on waivers), and Baertschi is an option. Personally, I agree with MCP. Wait til camp is over, and maybe a few games into the regular season, and then trade away whomever will give us the biggest return from our over-stocked bottom 6. Baertschi, Sutter, Goldobin, Leivo, Beagle and Motte are all good options for trades. The next question is who wants them, and what can we get back? If Baertschi comes back this fall healthy and productive, we could definitely trade him away, but, we would still need Goldobin or Virtanen to step up in the goal department, as those 3 are our best options for a scoring 3rd line, and as top 6 injury replacements.

Ahhh, the joys of having depth.....
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jake is going to have a gargantuan year! He will make a big splash this time round. The rest of his NHL career is dependant on it.
"His" salary, as opposed to some others, is mighty team friendly. He knows damn well what's at stake for him.
In a perfect world, he can do everything and more, than Baertschi. Have seen it, but no where near what could be called consistently.
We've seen him make great passes, sometimes. Score close to highlight reel goals, every now and then. Seen him be the first man back
defensively, when he remembers to. His shot is very good, when he uses it.
Now here's my wee problem: We've seen him deliver some clean but devastating hits, but then seemingly make a quick exit.
Gotta back it up there once in a while there Snake!
Best part? He's cheap and guess what? Even with a good year, I honestly believe he would sign another Show me, style
contract, even if he was advised by his agent??? to go for more. I think as low as Two / point / Two or three, would geterdun.
HE WANTS TO STAY HERE.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I think it's the battle of Baertschi vs Goldobin this year,
only one shall survive.

Sven Baertschi has proven he can score in this league and is talented enough for a 2nd or 3rd line winger role, but he tends to get injured every year.

Nikolay Goldobin has shown flashes of brilliance on the ice including dangling around Drew Doughty and scoring vs Jonathan Quick, also has shown give/go playmaking with Petey, it's just he lacks the explosiveness and defensive awareness, he and his trainer said he's been working on his first power stride and I'm assuming he got the message to be better defensively.

In the end Goldy being almost $2.5M cheaper than Sven might just save him.
Ferland - Petey - Boeser
Pearson - Horvat - Miller
(Goldy/Baertschi) - Sutter - Virtanen
Eriksson - Beagle - Leivo
Motte - Schaller - Gaudette - MacEwen
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

micky107 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:22 am .
Jake is going to have a gargantuan year! He will make a big splash this time round. The rest of his NHL career is dependant on it.
"His" salary, as opposed to some others, is mighty team friendly. He knows damn well what's at stake for him.
In a perfect world, he can do everything and more, than Baertschi. Have seen it, but no where near what could be called consistently.
We've seen him make great passes, sometimes. Score close to highlight reel goals, every now and then. Seen him be the first man back
Now here's my wee problem: We've seen him deliver some clean but devastating hits, but then seemingly make a quick exit.
Best part? He's cheap and guess what? Even with a good year, I honestly believe he would sign another Show me, style
contract, even if he was advised by his agent??? to go for more. I think as low as Two / point / Two or three, would geterdun.
HE WANTS TO STAY HERE.
The thing that keeps Jake from standing in after those big hits is the guy cant throw 'em.

Didn't 5'10" 180lb Bobby Farnham give him all he could handle? :o

*Dangling worm twitches :lol:
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:33 am
micky107 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:22 am .
HE WANTS TO STAY HERE.
The thing that keeps Jake from standing in after those big hits is the guy cant throw 'em.

Didn't 5'10" 180lb Bobby Farnham give him all he could handle? :o
We call that "Practically six foot".
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I think the Canucks are in the playoffs this year. I think the Pacific is bad, and for the most part has gotten worse - particularly the Sharks who've feasted on the Canucks for years, accounting for a big chunk of the points differential.

Here's my bolder prediction - Juolevi gets called up and stays up at some point this year, establishing himself as an NHLer.f
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

I predict Mick will suffer a mild depression due to not being able to post meaningless GIFs. Corn will relent around Xmas and the floodgates will open, causing the server to crash and Strange's dismay, all archives to be lost.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

You don't think Doc has already made backups to his backups?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Yeah, he's probably backed up real good :)