OOTS; 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Re: OOTS; 2019-2020

Post by BCExpat »

Mëds wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:03 am
BCExpat wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:58 am Tkachuk is living in Kassian's head, rent free. He made Kassian loose it and take a 4 minute penalty which led to a game winning power play goal. To top it off, Tkachuk was screening the goalie on that goal. He may be a turtle, but he drew a penalty on Kassian which was the difference in the game. Like him or not, he is a very effective player.
Oh absolutely he's an effective player. There's a reason why there are more than just a few Canucks fans who are unhappy with Elmer's decision to take Juolevi ahead of Tkachuk.

Btw, what did he make Kassian loose? His skate laces?
lose - hey, it's Sunday morning and I've only had one cup of coffee so far :oops:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:18 am Doyle hardly tolerated Cooke and Burrows, players who even though were not good fighters, actually backed it up once in awhile.

“He’s a pussy” - Kassian
Cooke and Burrows rarely backed it up. Cooke was one of the dirtiest players to ever play the game. Not comparable. As for Burrows I never really liked the guy but I eventually tolerated him. I’m sure I’d cone to tolerate or mildly like Tkachuk or Marchand if they were on this team.

I’m no fan of Tkachuk. The reason he gets talked about on this board as much as he does is that there are still some mouth breathers here who think Juolevi was the the right pick in 2016. I’m doing God’s work putting the boots to these posters.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:24 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:18 am Doyle hardly tolerated Cooke and Burrows, players who even though were not good fighters, actually backed it up once in awhile.

“He’s a pussy” - Kassian
Cooke and Burrows rarely backed it up. Cooke was one of the dirtiest players to ever play the game. Not comparable. As for Burrows I never really liked the guy but I eventually tolerated him. I’m sure I’d cone to tolerate or mildly like Tkachuk or Marchand if they were on this team.

I’m no fan of Tkachuk. The reason he gets talked about on this board as much as he does is that there are still some mouth breathers here who think Juolevi was the the right pick in 2016. I’m doing God’s work putting the boots to these posters.
Burrows had quite a few scraps, Doyle, stop it. Hell, one comes to mind him fighting one of the leagues best at the time - Carcillo. Tkachuk would never fight someone like that
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Burrows fought - Getzlaf, Andrew Shaw, Arnott, Ott, Lecavalier to name a few. All worthy scrappers

Tkachuk can’t hide forever from what he has to do - square off proper like with Kassian. There’s no turning back for him. If he does eventually you know damn well he will turn it into a wrestling match unlike Dominic Roussel who is 5’-11” 190 lbs and valiantly exchanged throws with the much bigger Kassian. That’s respect
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah Burrows fought a lot. I guess if you consider humping a guys leg and burying your head in his chest, or hanging on for dear life fighting.... he had a few tilts.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:57 am Yeah Burrows fought a lot. I guess if you consider humping a guys leg and burying your head in his chest, or hanging on for dear life fighting.... he had a few tilts.
Didn’t say he was a good fighter I said he at least had the balls unlike the Turtle to back up his game once in awhile
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Sorry; you guys bring out the worst in me.

"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Christ. Ya he should've turtled
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:52 am I’m curious how many games Kassian gets for this. I’m betting 2-3 games. Didn’t Lucic get 2 for plugging Zadorov? Nice to see some emotion in the games again.
Kassian should get an award for this, there are more important things than winning one little game in an 82 game season.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:53 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:52 am I’m curious how many games Kassian gets for this. I’m betting 2-3 games. Didn’t Lucic get 2 for plugging Zadorov? Nice to see some emotion in the games again.
Kassian should get an award for this, there are more important things than winning one little game in an 82 game season.

That’s great and all. I can’t see anyone on the Canucks capable of putting a bruise on anybody, but congrats for missing the point. MT trolled the Coilers for two points
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Micky wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:42 pm Sorry; you guys bring out the worst in me.

And shockingly this is where The Chef turtled like his idol.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:30 pm

... congrats for missing the point. MT trolled the Coilers for two points
"Missing the point"? :wow:

Lol, MY POST: "there are more important things than winning one little game in an 82 game season".

How's your reading comprehension? :drink:

BTW guess you secretly must've loved Lapierre and Cooke eh?

After all, they drew all those penalties, resulting in all those PP goals, resulting in all those wins.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

You know I didn’t. I commented on last nights game. I don’t remember Cooke (one of the filthiest players to lace up the blades) and Lappierre the scrub winning many games by drawing penalties. Dude HATES Tkachuk for some weird reason. He went off on a rant of nonsense. As usual I sorted him out. :thumbs:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Man, what a battle between former Nuck (Kassassian) and should have been Nuck (M.Tkachuk). That face when Zack went bezerk and went ape shit on Tkachuk, I think Strange would luv this guy. :D

BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:49 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:30 pm

... congrats for missing the point. MT trolled the Coilers for two points
"Missing the point"? :wow:

Lol, MY POST: "there are more important things than winning one little game in an 82 game season".

How's your reading comprehension? :drink:

BTW guess you secretly must've loved Lapierre and Cooke eh?

After all, they drew all those penalties, resulting in all those PP goals, resulting in all those wins.
Well it depends on your point of view. As a flames fan, nothing is as important as beating the Oilers. :mex: :D
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra