I used to frequent this board back in the day -- I have some questions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: I used to frequent this board back in the day -- I have some questions

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cornuck wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:32 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:23 pm I am Puddy!!!
I don't see you as a face painter...
The Decorator paints faces
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

One thing, if nothing else, that you have to absolutely respect about this here Canucks message board is the outright undeniably supreme ability to derail any thread regardless of the topic. It's truly an art form unto itself.

:lol:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:19 am One thing, if nothing else, that you have to absolutely respect about this here Canucks message board is the outright undeniably supreme ability to derail any thread regardless of the topic. It's truly an art form unto itself.

Amen

Should there ever be an Armageddon I am coming here because:

a) the thread will go off in different directions
b) RD & Blob will blame it on Gillis/Benning
c) Per will blame it on global warming and live in purgatory
d) Wids will go with a glass of wine or cognac in her hand
e) SL will have 1,000 links to previous posts explaining why he was right (like who cares we are all going to die)
f) Mick will just post random stuff 1,000 times and explain what it was like in his days
g) the rest of us will relax, have a drink/other stuff, put on our sun glasses and enjoy the last few moments of humanity
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:44 am Should there ever be an Armageddon I am coming here because:

e) SL will have 1,000 links to previous posts explaining why he was right (like who cares we are all going to die)
f) Mick will just post random stuff 1,000 times and explain what it was like in his days
g) the rest of us will relax, have a drink/other stuff, put on our sun glasses and enjoy the last few moments of humanity
h) Cornuck keeps the whole thing going off the rails
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:44 am
Mëds wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:19 am One thing, if nothing else, that you have to absolutely respect about this here Canucks message board is the outright undeniably supreme ability to derail any thread regardless of the topic. It's truly an art form unto itself.

Amen

Probably the best Reef post ever. :thumbs:
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Puck wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:30 am

Amen

I concur. Accurate, humorous and no blaming of his gibberish on his iPhone :thumbs:

So, another lurker bailing in record time because of CC regulars/derailment?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Ive come to accept my own particular identity on here - the 'irrelevant lurker'. Kinda like a homeless person - no status and relatively voiceless. While working full time and contending with all the demands of life, i find it difficult to make time to contribute to 'some' of the meaningful dialogue that exists here; and fuck me i get tired of some of the repetitive banter re: infallible JB, and Gillis being at fault, yadda yadda.

Yet, i keep coming back to look at the board regularly - a drive-by enthusiast of sorts. I would like to believe that after years of 'skull-fucking shitty hockey' and the corresponding frustrated diatribe, we're finally going to turn a corner and see some attributes of a contender. Like many on here, im getting older, just had an angiogram for shit sakes, and i get to wondering will we get to see the canucks hoist the cup before we die? Whether we do or dont, we can be assured that ongoing shite will be playing out here about the geniousness of whichever gm is running the show, and or that he's a stupid ass that should be canned... as it should be i guess.

Onwards and upwards, heres hoping we have a good ride this year!
cc oldtimer
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hank wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:38 am
Puck wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:30 am

Amen

I concur. Accurate, humorous and no blaming of his gibberish on his iPhone :thumbs:

So, another lurker bailing in record time because of CC regulars/derailment?
Truck off :mrgreen:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

You didn't make "that" post on your mobile whilst looking waiting at the water cooler, did you Reef?
"evolution"
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

nuckster wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:22 am Ive come to accept my own particular identity on here - the 'irrelevant lurker'. Kinda like a homeless person - no status and relatively voiceless. While working full time and contending with all the demands of life, i find it difficult to make time to contribute to 'some' of the meaningful dialogue that exists here; and fuck me i get tired of some of the repetitive banter re: infallible JB, and Gillis being at fault, yadda yadda.

Yet, i keep coming back to look at the board regularly - a drive-by enthusiast of sorts. I would like to believe that after years of 'skull-fucking shitty hockey' and the corresponding frustrated diatribe, we're finally going to turn a corner and see some attributes of a contender. Like many on here, im getting older, just had an angiogram for shit sakes, and i get to wondering will we get to see the canucks hoist the cup before we die? Whether we do or dont, we can be assured that ongoing shite will be playing out here about the geniousness of whichever gm is running the show, and or that he's a stupid ass that should be canned... as it should be i guess.

Onwards and upwards, heres hoping we have a good ride this year!
I've been a casual poster on hockey message boards since the days of dial up networks...

Back then you would have debates that would go on for days with each side making their points and counter points and name calling or foul language was not tolerated by the community...

Remember using a four letter word once and a poster called me out for it letting me know that his granddaughter had read my foul language and he didn't appreciate it...

Times have changed....

I use to freak out over player salaries and terms, and after the cap was introduced I'd fret over salary caps...

Now I accept that those in the front offices have a better understanding than I do and while I cringe from time to time I don't let it bother me the way it use to and I stopped playing micro manager and focus on the bigger picture and where the team is trending...

Now I just chuckle while shaking my head at the numb nuts at Hockey Futures who don't realize that they are the ones most in the hockey world are mocking and laughing at...

LIve on the Island and have been a season ticket holder for years, making the trek to the big city on game days....

There were times when I was ready to let my membership go because I was getting tired of spending the time and money to watch a bunch of no shows...

I watch the games now for the entertainment value and for the past couple of seasons the entertainment value has gotten better and better...

The no shows are becoming a thing of the past and last year was one of the funnest years I've had watching the Canucks...Reminded me of those mid 90's teams which never quit on a game...

Pretty stoked for this year...
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:02 pm
I decorate.
I kinda paint my girlfriends face and place... under a blacklight, that place would look like a Jackson Polluck painting.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Amen

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done Reef!

Must be all my mentoring. :mrgreen:

Now let's get back on topic about how "toxic" HFCanucks has become...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:56 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:02 pm

Big, lovable, all my car radio presets go to Christian rock stations!
I decorate.
I kinda paint my girlfriends face and place... under a blacklight, that place would look like a Jackson Polluck painting.
Okay, you're Puddy.... I'm a lot more like Dr Reston in actuality.

The reason I posted dat dere was to call myself "lovable" as a test... and no one attacked me... so I win! Here's why:

____
Try to focus on someday.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Appreciate your post Rikster. Hopefully your trips across the water will be worth it. I lived up in north isle for awhile and made the weekend sojourn down to the Rogers Ctr in the early 2000 period once in awhile; was worth it to see the 'west coast express'. Now we're talking about an 'alien', a 'brockstar', and the 'hugh-man' (or some-such).
cc oldtimer
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The Sters should have to battle like highlander if they post to each other

Like the Quickening but the Stering
If you need air...call it in