Training Camp - 2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Training Camp - 2019

Post by Mickey107 »

Pettersson just did a wee interview with the press.

Did you get bigger?

Ya, but not like Captain America or anything.... 8-)
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jeff Paterson
@patersonjeff
with big smile, new #Canucks Ferland talked about meeting EP40 & skating with him for the first time this morning. Knows there is a spot on his wing with his name on it
12:31 PM · Sep 4, 2019
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:29 pm

Jeff Paterson
@patersonjeff
with big smile, new #Canucks Ferland talked about meeting EP40 & skating with him for the first time this morning. Knows there is a spot on his wing with his name on it
Hargraves likes the confidence and bravado of Micheal Ferland.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:41 pm
micky107 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:29 pm

Jeff Paterson
@patersonjeff
Hargraves likes the confidence and bravado of Micheal Ferland.
3rd person speaking .... till comfy!!
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

It rubs the lotion on its skin...or it gets the hose again
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Iain MacIntyre

Pettersson on whether he is lobbying friend and linemate Brock Boeser to sign a new deal: “Not yet But if it’s getting close to Oct. 2 (and the Canucks’ season-opener in Edmonton) and he’s not here, I’ll put some pressure on him.”
5:02 PM · Sep 4, 2019
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Zack MacEwen the darkhorse player for training camp, dudes been putting in tremendous work the past year with Utica and was noticeable in his brief stint with the Canucks.

He's scrappy, big 6'3-205lbs, right shot, strong and skilled, can play center/wing, plus was on the penalty kill all last season while putting up 52 pts in 69 games with the Comets.

He'd have to out hustle a boatload of players.
One of our listeners from Nova Scotia informed us that Zack MacEwen has had the chance to train with Crosby and MacKinnon and has put in a ton of work this offseason.

This may be the most fierce and intense training camp the #Canucks have had in their 50 years

https://thehockeywriters.com/zack-macew ... neup-spot/
In any case MacEwen if he could force his way in lineup - he's the type contending teams typically have on their 4th lines-big strong, gritty, some skill, defensively strong, cheap contract, might prefer him over Motte all things considered.

Leivo-Beagle-MacEwen
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I like MacEwan. But I think you need Motte around if nothing else that he can kill penalties. Mac will be competing with Leivo, Goldy and Baertschi. Kid is still raw. I think he was playing Junior B four years ago. Lots to work with though.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listen Doylee McHardGrief, ole cozy Virtanen must be feeling the stress with the arrival of Miller, Ferland, the play of Leivo, Roussel and Pearson, the pickings of Podkozlin, Hoglander, Madden, Lind, Lockwood, Gadjovich the arriving of Gaudette, McEwan, the love for Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat. And I haven’t mentioned Uber skilled Goldy and Baertschi!!

The honeymoon is over for ole Flake Virtanen. It’s make or break for your Boi - JV!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Keep Jake !!! Trade Baertschi if a roster spot needs opening. Maybe a Baer trade could bring a good older vet for Utica.
Maybe win the trade by 2 mil.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:24 am Zack MacEwen the darkhorse player for training camp, dudes been putting in tremendous work the past year with Utica and was noticeable in his brief stint with the Canucks.

He's scrappy, big 6'3-205lbs, right shot, strong and skilled, can play center/wing, plus was on the penalty kill all last season while putting up 52 pts in 69 games with the Comets.

One of our listeners from Nova Scotia informed us that Zack MacEwen has had the chance to train with Crosby and MacKinnon and has put in a ton of work this offseason.

This may be the most fierce and intense training camp the #Canucks have had in their 50 years

In any case MacEwen if he could force his way in lineup - he's the type contending teams typically have on their 4th lines-big strong, gritty, some skill, defensively strong, cheap contract, might prefer him over Motte all things considered.

Leivo-Beagle-MacEwen
Honestly, I think our 2 'dark horses' (is "dark horse" a racial thing now??) this year are Baertschi and Virtanen. Both have the potential to get 15-20 goals as 2/3rd line guys, and both have the potential to breakout into the 25+ goal range..

We could potentially have 7-8 guys with 15+ Goals this year. :D
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:31 am I like MacEwan. But I think you need Motte around if nothing else that he can kill penalties. Mac will be competing with Leivo, Goldy and Baertschi. Kid is still raw. I think he was playing Junior B four years ago. Lots to work with though.
Motte was not good at 5v5, macewen I believe killed penalties in Utica, unless motte has improved I don’t think he makes the team this year over macewen. All things being equal I take macewen cause he can punch people in the face.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:02 pm Honestly, I think our 2 'dark horses' (is "dark horse" a racist thing now??) this year are Baertschi and Virtanen.
Speciesist thing.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:24 am Zack MacEwen the darkhorse player for training camp, dudes been putting in tremendous work the past year with Utica and was noticeable in his brief stint with the Canucks.

Leivo-Beagle-MacEwen
I like to think Beagle is keep MacEwen's spot in the lineup warm until he's ready.

Petey
Horvat
Gaudette
MacEwen
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Dan Murphy
@sportsnetmurph
Landon Ferraro coming to #canucks camp on a PTO. @patersonjeff and I tuning our tweets in 3,2,1...
"evolution"