Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9548
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by micky107 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:04 pm

SKYO wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:19 pm

Travis Green's fave penalty killers up front last season TOI:
His top dog PK Grans is gone.

#1 Markus Granlund 185:00
#2 Beagle 152:36
#3 Motte 126:27
#4 Eriksson 96:22
#5 Sutter 81:23 (injured most of the season)
#6 Schaller 62:41
#7 Roussel 56:44
Be nice to see a few, "more", shorties this year. I like that in a PK squad.. 8-)
"evolution"

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21970
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Strangelove » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:06 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:54 pm
SKYO wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:19 pm
#1 Markus Granlund 185:00
#2 Beagle 152:36
#3 Motte 126:27
#4 Eriksson 96:22
#5 Sutter 81:23 (injured most of the season)
#6 Schaller 62:41
#7 Roussel 56:44

Out: Granlund, Eriksson? Schaller? Roussel IR.

I'd wager Sutter and Beagle will be our top penalty killers this upcoming season, along with Motte, possibly Horvat will get more PK time.
I'll bet it's Sutter, Beagle, Motte, and Pearson... in that order.
BTW I look at short-handed minutes-per game... and make deductions based on dat dere. :santa:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:20 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:51 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:04 pm
On a good team in 2019, Brandon Sutter would be on the 4th line.

Hargraves doesn’t give a shit that he played a lot of minutes over the last ten years. The Canucks have been one of the worst teams in the NHL the last four years. Lots of scrubs have padded their ice time on this club.
Three of those 10 Sutter years were played the Pittsburgh Penguins (a top team).

Mr Sutter was third among forwards in total icetime on that team during those 3 years.

Image
When it comes to minutes per game Hockey reference has Brandon Sutter as the 6th highest forward for each of his three seasons in Pittsburgh. He was behind Crosby, Malkin, Hornquist, Dupuis, Neal and Kunitz.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21970
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Strangelove » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:36 pm

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:20 pm
When it comes to minutes per game Hockey reference has Brandon Sutter as the 6th highest forward for each of his three seasons in Pittsburgh. He was behind Crosby, Malkin, Hornquist, Dupuis, Neal and Kunitz.
Hornquist played 2 of those 3 seasons in Nashville and Neal played 1 of 'em in Nashville! :lol:

Mr Sutter played more than twice as many games as Dupuis during those 3 Penguin seasons.

Total icetime is a better measurement of impact and as I say Mr Sutter was 3rd in that department for those 3 years...


Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:52 pm

Nope, minutes per game is a better indicator. The coaches chose to play him 6th among forwards in terms of ice time on a game to game basis. Doesn’t matter how many years those players played in Pittsburgh “. When they were teammates of Sutter they got more ice time per game. So did David Perron.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21970
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Strangelove » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:52 pm
The coaches chose to play him 6th among forwards in terms of ice time on a game to game basis.
THANK YOU

6th in icetime on a top team destroys your argument. :lol:

Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:21 pm

What argument is this?
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21970
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Strangelove » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:40 pm

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:21 pm
What argument is this?
Ummmm... the one that started all this 2 hours ago:
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:04 pm
On a good team in 2019, Brandon Sutter would be on the 4th line.
6th in icetime on the Pittsburgh Fucking Penguins you say?

Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:55 pm

That was four years ago. He’s 30 now, can’t stay healthy and wouldn’t make a good teams top 9 right now.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21970
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Strangelove » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:02 pm

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:55 pm
That was four years ago. He’s 30 now, can’t stay healthy and wouldn’t make a good teams top 9 right now.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:08 pm

Great comeback.

Hargraves provides facts. Doc responds with gifs
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21970
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Strangelove » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:16 pm

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:08 pm
Great comeback.

Hargraves provides facts. Doc responds with gifs
The fact is that Mr Sutter has averaged over 17 minutes per game on each of 3 different teams over the past 10 seasons. :sly:

You repeating over and over your opinion that Mr Sutter would be relegated to the 4th line on a good team is anything but a fact.

In fact, it's such a ridiculous opinion that one must assuming you're trolling with hyperbole as per usual...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:31 pm

Sutter averaged over 17 min in one season in Pittsburgh. The other two season he averaged 16:24 and 15:46. He averaged over 17 min once in Carolina and averaged 8:51, 16:33 and 16:51. Those Carolina teams were the shits. So in 2 of 7 seasons he cleared 17 min. For the rancid Canucks squad of the last four years he’s been over 17 min because they have been a terrible putrid team. On a good team he’s on the fourth line at his age.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15619
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Chef Boi RD » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:37 pm

To Vancouver

- Sutter - still Canuck property
- Lockwood - still Canuck property

To Pittsburgh

- Bonino - no longer Pittsburgh property
- Clendenning - no longer Pittsburgh property
- Gustavsson - no longer Pittsburgh property
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:43 pm

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:37 pm
To Vancouver

- Sutter - still Canuck property
- Lockwood - still Canuck property

To Pittsburgh

- Bonino - no longer Pittsburgh property
- Clendenning - no longer Pittsburgh property
- Gustavsson - no longer Pittsburgh property
Bonino helped them win two cups. The Penguins don’t have Sutters bloated salary around. Not sure who the Canucks might have picked if they hadn’t puked the 2nd rounder into the deal. Can’t say it’s for sure Gustafson.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Post Reply