Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Strangelove »

Going down?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hargraves out
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Someone tell Hargraves it was a joke! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:03 pm What’s tough for you to understand Sunshine?

Paying three 4th line guys a total of 13.35 million annually on your cap hit is stupid.

Hargraves has a knife and fork. Would you like him to cut up your food for you too?
I hope they are plastic utensils so you don't hurt yourself while someone explains (for the umpteenth time) that if your only paying your top line 11 million (unlike most teams 20 million) you can't use that other 9 million where ever you need to fill the holes in your lineup. (In our case, its bottom 6 skill vs depth. we had no prospects coming through the system for 10 years so we needed to pay people to fill roles that other teams filled through drafting). In about 2 more years, we won't have to spend all that money down there anymore.

Why is it such a hard concept to understand??
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hargraves won’t be bothered to converse with the average klown
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

How much more Harg-time do you have to serve? Don't worry, your good...
Last edited by Mickey107 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Options; L.E.>>>>>>...Image..Get lost
...............................Image..Go home.
...............................Image..the farm.

...............................Image..A trade.

...............................Image..Another chance to prove he's worth keeping?
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

It seems like we're stuck with Eriksson, at least for another year. A part of me thinks we should just bite the bullet and stick Eriksson with Petey & Brockstar for most season, no matter what, for better or worse. Eriksson is still good defensively, decent in the corners and is pretty good around the net, so he should be able to help our young stars in that way.

Pump & dump! Basically, try to get Eriksson's value up, so we can maybe finally be in a position to realistically move him @ TDD. If Eriksson can score around a projected 20G pace, we may finally be able to drive his ass to the airport. I think there will be no shortage of volunteers on this board who would luv to drive him to YVR. No need to call a cab or uber, he can save every cent from that $30ish Mill he made from the Aquas. *hehe* I know this won't be really fair for guys who may be more deserving like Miller, Ferkland, Pearson or Baercheese, so they'll either spend some time on the 4th line or be a healthy scratch some nites, but for the greater good of the team, it has to be done. They can save themselves for the playoffs. Pump & dump!!! :P
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:11 am It seems like we're stuck with Eriksson, at least for another year. A part of me thinks we should just bite the bullet and stick Eriksson with Petey & Brockstar for most season, no matter what, for better or worse. Eriksson is still good defensively, decent in the corners and is pretty good around the net, so he should be able to help our young stars in that way.

Pump & dump! Basically, try to get Eriksson's value up, so we can maybe finally be in a position to realistically move him @ TDD. If Eriksson can score around a projected 20G pace, we may finally be able to drive his ass to the airport. I think there will be no shortage of volunteers on this board who would luv to drive him to YVR. No need to call a cab or uber, he can save every cent from that $30ish Mill he made from the Aquas. *hehe* I know this won't be really fair for guys who may be more deserving like Miller, Ferkland, Pearson or Baercheese, so they'll either spend some time on the 4th line or be a healthy scratch some nites, but for the greater good of the team, it has to be done. They can save themselves for the playoffs. Pump & dump!!! :P
Thanks Todd; I needed that;
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:11 am It seems like we're stuck with Eriksson, at least for another year. A part of me thinks we should just bite the bullet and stick Eriksson with Petey & Brockstar for most season, no matter what, for better or worse. Eriksson is still good defensively, decent in the corners and is pretty good around the net, so he should be able to help our young stars in that way.

It's odd what happened to Eriksson. Over his NHL career he is still averaging 0.63 ppg, which translates to 52 points over 82 games. He has had a couple of 70+ point seasons and had a 63 point season right before joining the Canucks and falling off a cliff. He is 34, so sure, age could be part of it, but he cut his production in half, or even less, the minute he set foot in Vancouver. I just don't get it. Are we playing a system he can't get his head around, is he used in a different role, or did he suffer a career ending injury right before getting here? It's an enigma.

But if he could get even close to the player he used to be he should be easy to trade. Hopefully a pump and dump scheme could work.
He used to be really good at crashing the net and scoring garbage goals. Can he do that with Pete and Brockster?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hes shown more than enough already.

To Utica with him until we can ditch his ass
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:26 pm Someone tell Hargraves I’m a joke! :lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:37 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:03 pm What’s tough for you to understand Sunshine?

Paying three 4th line guys a total of 13.35 million annually on your cap hit is stupid.

Hargraves has a knife and fork. Would you like him to cut up your food for you too?
I hope they are plastic utensils so you don't hurt yourself while someone explains (for the umpteenth time) that if your only paying your top line 11 million (unlike most teams 20 million) you can't use that other 9 million where ever you need to fill the holes in your lineup. (In our case, its bottom 6 skill vs depth. we had no prospects coming through the system for 10 years so we needed to pay people to fill roles that other teams filled through drafting). In about 2 more years, we won't have to spend all that money down there anymore.

Why is it such a hard concept to understand??
That will change pretty quickly Dilbert. Furthermore if you want to see the team improve in the next year or two in a cap world, having boat anchors manning the 4th line and siphoning 13 + million to do it, isn’t good business.

I’m sure Hargraves could cut up your Swanson meal with plastic utensils
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

MCP if he calls you Vaughn...time to bolt outta this one
If you need air...call it in
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Per wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:51 am

It's odd what happened to Eriksson. Over his NHL career he is still averaging 0.63 ppg, which translates to 52 points over 82 games. He has had a couple of 70+ point seasons and had a 63 point season right before joining the Canucks and falling off a cliff. He is 34, so sure, age could be part of it, but he cut his production in half, or even less, the minute he set foot in Vancouver. I just don't get it. Are we playing a system he can't get his head around, is he used in a different role, or did he suffer a career ending injury right before getting here? It's an enigma.

But if he could get even close to the player he used to be he should be easy to trade. Hopefully a pump and dump scheme could work.
He used to be really good at crashing the net and scoring garbage goals. Can he do that with Pete and Brockster?
I still think that Eriksson has been misused since day 1. Hopefully, he can start scoring a few goals and get a fresh start somewhere else.