Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Let's get creative with Erikkson...

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I can see Loui back for training camp and the team trying to find a way to pump his value.

Yaaaay *in Eyores voice
If you need air...call it in
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

SKYO wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:58 pm
4th period, Sept 25, 2018:

Ottawa tried to trade Zack Smith last season and this summer. He’s now on waivers with 3-years left on his deal. Bit of a surprise, frankly.
$3.25M x 2 left on deal, no bonuses, 10 team no trade to clause.

Eriksson for Smith straight up.
Thanks SKYO for contributing to the spirit of the post...

Thought we’d start our own Go Fund for Loui but instead of collecting cash we’d collect ideas to help management solve the Eriksson dilemma...

Dude, it doesn’t matter where your wife gets her appetite, it’s where she gets fed that counts so I wouldn’t stress too much over some stray hairs...

Take care...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

rikster wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:37 am Dude, it doesn’t matter where your wife gets her appetite, it’s where she gets fed that counts so I wouldn’t stress too much over some stray hairs...
If shes drooling over random sausage then start packing your fishin gear...its done
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Besides the Sens, I heard Loui's fam' moved back to Dallas? Might try to make a move there with the Stars, they got some contracts they can move. Cogs, Comeau, or even Hanzal who has back problems, one year left on his contract.
Sekeres:

My understanding is Loui Eriksson's family is moving out of Vancouver and back to Dallas, further indication that Eriksson doesn't anticipate playing for the #Canucks next season and expects a trade.
Satiar Shah (SN650)
I’m still keeping an eye on the Stars as a potential destination for Loui Eriksson.

Could see something involving Cogliano who has 2 years at $3.25M per left and/or Comeau who also has 2 years remaining at $2.4M per
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Is it true that eriksson didnt waive to go to edmonton?

Apparently the rumour says they would've sent lucic and pull-your-rv for loser looey...
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:05 am Is it true that eriksson didnt waive to go to edmonton?

Apparently the rumour says they would've sent lucic and pull-your-rv for loser looey...
Think it was out there. That was a while back. Before we were broke.
I half-ass liked the idea. Thought Milan might have recharged in Van and JP, (not gonna try spelling it ), could have broke out
and become what he was supposed to be, under Green.
Noway now.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

August 8, 2017 via pro hockey rumours:

Over the last three seasons in particular, we’ve seen a number of so-called “mutual terminations”. In fact, we’ve seen more mutual terminations over this period than buyouts. They are just as they sound – when a player and team decide their prior arrangement is no longer agreeable, the teams cut ties entirely. The benefit for the team is that the cap hit of the player is cancelled out entirely.

The benefit for the player is that they then have the opportunity to seek employment with a different franchise or a different league.
Seems like the way to go is put said player on waivers, he clears waivers, they refuse to go to the farm team, then the team and player agree on a mutual termination of contract.

If the Canucks and Loui Eriksson agree to mutually terminate his contract, he can sign with the Stars for cheap like $1.5M per and he and his family can reside happily in Dallas where they all feel comfortable and more importantly his wife is happy.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Over the last three seasons in particular, we’ve seen a number of so-called “mutual terminations”. In fact, we’ve seen more mutual terminations over this period than buyouts. They are just as they sound – when a player and team decide their prior arrangement is no longer agreeable, the teams cut ties entirely. The benefit for the team is that the cap hit of the player is cancelled out entirely.

The benefit for the player is that they then have the opportunity to seek employment with a different franchise or a different league.
Seems like the way to go is put said player on waivers, he clears waivers, they refuse to go to the farm team, then the team and player agree on a mutual termination of contract.

If the Canucks and Loui Eriksson agree to mutually terminate his contract, he can sign with the Stars for cheap like $1.5M per and he and his family can reside happily in Dallas where they all feel comfortable and more importantly his wife is happy.
Especially now that his bonus is paid. He’s only owed 3M per. If there is a mutual termination he can sign on for anything less than 3 on a 1-2 year deal. I don’t know what happens to his bonus, let him keep it if it helps us get rid of him. Don’t know if that means we have a 4M cap hit this year but if so it’s worth it. I like this idea.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Especially now that his bonus is paid. He’s only owed 3M per. If there is a mutual termination he can sign on for anything less than 3 on a 1-2 year deal. I don’t know what happens to his bonus, let him keep it if it helps us get rid of him. Don’t know if that means we have a 4M cap hit this year but if so it’s worth it. I like this idea.
Yeah and if JP Barry can have an agreement in place with Dallas on that cheap deal, then this mutual termination of contract becomes much more plausible.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Ah this is making sense, Barry went to the media to try to put pressure on Benning to take back a bad deal, so that Loui can continue earning his big salary. If Loui's family moved back to Dallas, its more in Loui's interest to swing for a bad contact swap, rather than a mutual termination where he'll re-sign for less money.
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

thread's picking up some steam....oh god, don't get my hopes up.

Anything that doesn't involve a sweetener is a win.
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Me too....

Wonder how the league will react to this if it goes down...

And behind the scenes, I'm hoping that the team is still pleading its case to have the Luongo cap circumvention penalty dropped ala the Devils...

https://www.espn.com/new-york/nhl/story ... sey-devils

And the irony that the organization which had a first round pick taken away and then given back has had 2 first overalls in the past 3 years...

Take care...
Last edited by rikster on Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:19 am

Ottawa tried to trade Zack Smith last season and this summer. He’s now on waivers with 3-years left on his deal. Bit of a surprise, frankly.

SOLD!!
dang, Hawks traded Anisimov for Smith.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/b ... story.html

Hawks get $1.3M in cap space in the deal. *& the Sens save $1.5M actual dollars - proof Eugene Melnyk want's to save cash.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:23 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:19 am

SOLD!!
dang, Hawks traded Anisimov for Smith.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/b ... story.html

Hawks get $1.3M in cap space in the deal. *& the Sens save $1.5M actual dollars - proof Eugene Melnyk want's to save cash.
Wow, I didn't realize the Hawks were in such dire straits with the cap.

After this trade, I definitely don't the Hawks being the non-playoff team in the West to jump up into a wildcard spot.